Who here considers themselves red pilled?

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
1 year 10 months ago #367879 by Whyte Horse
Like in the Matrix, taking the red pill is an analogy for seeing the world as it really is, rather than the social construct that has been promulgated to keep people inured. That Disney fantasy that we all grew up with vs the reality that we face in our daily lives. I'm curious how many people here took the red pill. Follow on questions are: How did you arrive at it? How did it lead you here? How have you progressed afterwards?

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Serenity Amyntas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #367892 by River
I try to see things as they really are. I think sometimes I get close. But who knows, maybe it's just another layer of ego-driven delusion. I'm not sure a human can ever really be free of those.

More
1 year 10 months ago #367897 by Vincent Causse
I d like to say that i did take the red pill, but what stop me is, is what i see the actual truth or is what i d like to see ? We all an idea that we think is true, maybe some of us see a bit more through the matrix than others, maybe. In the end most of us change and their pill through books, movies that challenge what we first think. They re mainly influences given by other people who think they know how to see. One would have to be able to see without being tainted by religions, politics, economics, education and culture or traditions.
So maybe we took a little bit of that pill, from all the things we learned, read , grew up with one day we might have managed to make some sense of it all, recognize what are the obvious and some more hidden truth but still based on our preferences.

More
1 year 10 months ago #367899 by ZealotX

Whyte Horse wrote: Like in the Matrix, taking the red pill is an analogy for seeing the world as it really is, rather than the social construct that has been promulgated to keep people inured. That Disney fantasy that we all grew up with vs the reality that we face in our daily lives. I'm curious how many people here took the red pill. Follow on questions are: How did you arrive at it? How did it lead you here? How have you progressed afterwards?

The Red Pill itself is a program for decrypting "the matrix"; a type of sight or vision. Once you see through the matrix, to the code, in one sense, it doesn't mean you are out of the matrix. The matrix is a world within a world and there are multiple worlds within our world; often ones we, our families, our communities, and our societies create.

Even as Jedi, there is a "flow" or direction, that we are going in, both as individuals, and as a community. If our guard is down, it's like being in love. What you primarily see are the good qualities. If our guard is up what we primarily see are the bad qualities. The truth is the combination of good and bad. It is the totality.

Sometimes, "red pill", is code for seeing the bad side of a thing that most people accept as perhaps good or necessary. However, the true red pill is understanding the system and the reasons for it, why it exists, and how it is used for both good and evil.

In the Matrix Neo is put in the position of a judge. He's judging reality. On the one hand, humans are "good". We, being humans, often accept this basic premise without any thought because it is the default. But if you were a machine the default would be that machines are "good". What is the truth? Machines would be correct in thinking that humans, right now, are ultimately bad for the planet and for each other. So then should they conclude humans are simply bad? This simply causes them to do to humans the same thing they believe humans are doing to our environment. And they become the enemies of humans just like Sith become the enemies of Jedi.

In all these different systems, being asleep is simply being blind to our own reality and unaware or unconscious of our role in it. What are we doing with our personal allotment of energy? We're killing plants and animals so that we can have energy, right? So how are we using that energy? If we are only using it for our independent selves then we're acting more like a virus. And in this case, Agent Smith is correct.

But where does this come from? It often is an exaggerated response from lack or scarcity. A person's fear of death, for example, can lead to adopting a religion that erases that fear, even if it steals 10% of their income which makes life harder and death easier. People compensate. The balance shifts. What was once too little is now too much. Neo looked at the whole story. He looked from the perspective of both the humans and the machines and saw through the problems on both sides that each one was creating for the other. So when Neo lost his human sight it also forced him to see in a different way which was another reference to the NT. This is also why the series was DONE prior to the latest movie being requested by the studio which the last movie mocked as a result.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Causse

More
1 year 10 months ago #367900 by Tellahane
I feel I have to ask, how do you know your red pill experience is really the red pill experience?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skryym, River, Vincent Causse

More
1 year 10 months ago #367905 by Carlos.Martinez3
I am currently and on a Self Reflective path. Many are. It does seem that every few years there is a new term or new phrase for the same old things hu? Awaken - Enlightened- Reborn - You name it, there are many ways of saying the same thing.
Out of curiosity was there a moment you have gone through or just in general? I read a book called Freedom from the Known by J. Krishnamurti. It helped me to see things I had not before in ways I had not even thought possible. That was one "red pill" moment for me, and another was when I stopped and unplugged from media. There are many more times in my own path I have realised things and couldn't go back to the same way of thinking. You know you can out "manner" others? What then?
Dare to share?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
1 year 10 months ago #367945 by Whyte Horse

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: I am currently and on a Self Reflective path. Many are. It does seem that every few years there is a new term or new phrase for the same old things hu? Awaken - Enlightened- Reborn - You name it, there are many ways of saying the same thing.
Out of curiosity was there a moment you have gone through or just in general? I read a book called Freedom from the Known by J. Krishnamurti. It helped me to see things I had not before in ways I had not even thought possible. That was one "red pill" moment for me, and another was when I stopped and unplugged from media. There are many more times in my own path I have realised things and couldn't go back to the same way of thinking. You know you can out "manner" others? What then?
Dare to share?

Yes, it does keep changing names. The oldest I can think of was the Renaissance, then the Scientific Revolution, then the Enlightenment. Much like today's red pill, the people of that era used humanism to study the world. Now the field is exploding with new information coming from DNA, fMRI, and a huge wave of evolutionary psychology studies. Combine that with the information age and there you have it.

I think my moment was when I asked google if there is a real red pill. I won't offend the entire forum by telling where that question leads but let's just say it's a real eye opener about the battle of the sexes. I also asked if there are real Jedi and here we are. I think the recent events involving fake news, propaganda, pandemics, woke culture, polarized politics, etc has just made people search harder and harder for the truth and they end up in interesting places. It's like as if it's forcing a new Renaissance period.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
1 year 10 months ago #367946 by Whyte Horse

Tellahane wrote: I feel I have to ask, how do you know your red pill experience is really the red pill experience?

I've been comparing notes with others. We all kind of agree on objective truths and then compare that to our subjective truths.

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
1 year 10 months ago #367947 by Whyte Horse

ZealotX wrote: What is the truth?
But where does this come from?

I like to use the words objective truth and subjective truth. People often interchange them and get confused. It's where the whole marketing industry makes their money. Your truth sells much better than the truth.

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
1 year 10 months ago #367948 by Whyte Horse

River wrote: I try to see things as they really are. I think sometimes I get close. But who knows, maybe it's just another layer of ego-driven delusion. I'm not sure a human can ever really be free of those.

I think we can. Emotional detachment is possible. I believe it's a foundational principle in Buddhism.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi