OLYMPIC GAMES

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 1 month ago #12828 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:OLYMPIC GAMES
The chinese are not going to invade, they already have what they want. And so do the members of the Olympic Games. And so does the economic world. Only the Tibetans dont have what they want, namely a life.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 1 month ago #12829 by Jon
Jon wrote:

Well this is not about USA this is about innocents in Tibet. Now before I go further I only speak for myself. What is happenening in Tibet is nothing else but EVIL:
- descecration of religious practises and beliefs
- limitation of religious expression
- the attempt to make a people extinct by mixing them with Chinese natives
- cold blooded murder (in the millions)
I cannot understand how members of the Olympic Games can continue. Is this not tantamount to passive support? Standing on the corner of a street and watch how your neighbour gets his throat cut open, just because I don`t want to miss a chance of a life time opportunity. Do not the Olympic Games stand for fair play and justice and not for the \"EGO\"? Then I ask myself why is the world so concerned with Irak? Is Tibet not suffering under a dictatorship? I will not be watching, in any way, the Olympic Games, not while I know that my brothers and sisters will be doing their bit of swimming but in their own blood.

BUMP!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 1 month ago #12831 by Jon
The bottom line is simply this. The world is afraid of China.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12833 by
Replied by on topic Re:OLYMPIC GAMES
Just because of the nature of my job, I am going to have to watch the olympics, not something I will enjoy

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12834 by
no no no..you guys have it all wrong here.

China is going through a huge economic revolution...when that is done, they will unite and become the next super power like the soviet union was....now pay attention here..it's gunna get important...they will work with Putin (hottest dictator EVER!) and rebuild the soviet union! then they will team up and attack America completely annahilating our defense system and turning the world into a nuclear wasteland thus bringing about armaggedon and the anti-chirst (if ur christian). Everyone will then struggle to live because of radiation and basically we are just gunna blow ourselves up...

Just my theory...take it or leave it. *stay tuned for Jesus: Savior or Espionage Spy?*

and i odn't think anything bad will happen at these olympics...China isn't THAT dumb...maybe certain people IN China are..but it will not be by the state of China that any evil doing goes on...that's FAR to risky for them right now.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12835 by
I never thought it would be China to do something at the Olympic games, the terrorist cells will most likely try to do something.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12836 by
It is important that we support one another here and represent a point of view that is perceptibly Jedi!

Jon, I agree and so do I with what War Beauty has had to say.

America is the world's premier Superpower - and the UK (as being seen as a primary ally - which I believe is a good thing!), but this is more than the sum of the parts. China has already snuck in under the doormat, and bought heavily into ALL of our economies! Much of what we buy and live in is 'owned by China. My house loan is with what we could believe to be a UK Bank 'HSBC' - but that stands for 'Hong Kong Shang Hai Banking Corporation'. China owns tonnes of land in Australia and Canada, let alone the US! And whilst we might enjoy low interest rates, all our money and profit is going to China. Now I'm not a conspiracy theorist and wouldn't want to run down the road shouting paranoia! But this is about exploitation and rotten human rights records! I am a Christian, but Tibetans and Buddhism represent a beatific way of li8fe that we could all do to learn from. Does anyone remember the Tianemen Square massacre? Tanks rolling down the street firing into innocent students!

Thank you Jon for bringing this to our awareness and War Beauty for making a valid and prophetic point!

Mark

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12855 by
I'm no prophet and wouldn't want to be as seeing the future is a murky business at best, and I'm not the type to be a doom sayer, yet I do remember the Tianemen Square massacre well. Being a US citizen I do however have to say that if we're so willing to invade other countries over human rights violations and this and that how dare we ignore Tibet and the gross violations that have been going on for years perpetrated by China, and we won't even get in to their other many violations. I for one will not watch the olympics nor will I buy any product that even has a hint of supporting the olympics. I will also try to make a protest or two at the UN here in NYC. I feel this is my duty not only as a Jedi or a practicing Buddhist, but as a human being. Again as I've said before this is only my opinion so salt is needed when digesting.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12857 by
I would like to make another post on the newest topics mentioned here. Personally I can see another war coming. Another world wide war. However this war will either destroy everything or build a completely new way of human life.

I can see that the next world war will result in the losing country firing nuclear missiles at every other enemy country in an attempt to 'take them down with them'. After this war, there will barely be any humans left and what humans there are they will either be tribal fighters or a new community of people all working together.

We could be paranoid into thinking that the Soviet Union will be rebuilt and destroy the world, the other possibility is that there is nothing to fear, and that actually everyone has realised that because there are global markets, that in fact we are all one big country and from there a global community will form. In which everything is run by one government (the possibility I hope for).

Either way in 200 years time the world will be barely recognisable in comparison to the world today in my opinion.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #13094 by
The actions occurring in Tibet are deplorable. Any time there is loss of life due to such circumstances, it speaks in words unheard, testifying to the utter absurdity that is the policy by which the world has become accustomed to. Its a nominal occurrence; invasion, bombings, suppression..enslavement.

Chinas actions are intolerable, and that should extend to any other country. There is no reasonable argument except defense; and China can hardly prove that. And yet I can't say that with any real certainty - I am not on the ground there, I can bear no witness, and therefore, cannot make an actual assessment. I merely am stating my opinion based on the media I have encountered. In a way I wish I was there..just to know, and to see.

If all is as it is said, then China should be held responsible for their actions.

On a historical note, it is quite sad to see the long ago traditions of the ancient Olympians long forgotten and cast aside. It used to be, in the days of high civilization, that wars and battles ceased for the times of the sacred games, save some incredibly un-ignorable conflict.

I call for a return to the old ways. And if China wants to host an event which was remembered for things such as sportsmanship, good will, and healthy competition, then it needs to show those qualities to gain that honor.

That and no more antifreeze in my toothpaste.

Jyn

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi