OLYMPIC GAMES

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 1 month ago #12561 by Jon
OLYMPIC GAMES was created by Jon
Can we as Jedi watch, spectate or participate in the Olympic Games while the hosting country (China) is butchering hundreds of Tibetans?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12565 by
Replied by on topic Re:OLYMPIC GAMES
For me this is quite a straight forward question and answer. No, I would not like to support the Olympics in a country that disagrees in what I believe so harshly. Although I wouldn't watch the Olympics anyway because that is not my sort of thing, this year just gives me an extra reason not to watch it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12586 by
I think something bad might happen at this years Olympics...just a feeling, like the bombing in 1996, I think something similar may happen...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12587 by
I will not be watching the Games as I feel that these games are more about China'a image than sport.
I feel that to allow China a free reign here will enbolden them to take steps against Taiwan.
China knows that the US military is stretched to breaking point and with the pending (hopefully not) financial crises America will be in no position to aid Taiwan if China invades.
All China has to do is build it's image and influence and then wait.
IF the American Empire falls then China is ready to replace it a moments notice, and they will do so knowing that no one else will be able to challenge them.

I so hope I'm wrong!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12589 by
I feel the USA has sold out morally to China. We let them play by their own rules, killing and imprisoning those in their country who disagree. Yet the U. S. does nothing because they represent a huge market for U. S. business.

England \"returned\" Hong Kong to China, yet China is slowly replacing the people of Tibet with Chinies. China has never taken it's eyes off of Taiwan, and sooner rather then later China will invade and take Taiwan back.

With all the civil rights violations that China commits every year the US will still send a team. This will only further legitamize China's standing in the world.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12607 by
hmm, well when you think about it, if the US falls there will be utter chaos in the world. We are the common enemy for most countries. if we fall it would be a total disaster for the world as a whole.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12639 by
But what many people do not understand is that communism in China is slowly but surely starting to disappear, some of the Chinese govt. officials are starting to lean towards capitalism because of the economic values it can bring to the country. Unfortunately there are still those in Beijing who are die hard communists and wish to keep their form of govt. in power, the only way to do so is by show of force. If the Chinese populace should ever rise up against their leaders it would be a blood bath for both sides. As for the Olympics, I will not watch because I to fear something bad is going to happen.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12650 by
Anora^una_Ilorn wrote:

hmm, well when you think about it, if the US falls there will be utter chaos in the world. We are the common enemy for most countries. if we fall it would be a total disaster for the world as a whole.

I don't think that America is everyone's enemy. I think that fifty years ago we tried to run the whole world, and we've been dyin slow ever since. Capitalism is what everone hates about the US. I can't speak for myself, but I feel that American's went from having pride in being hard working, to having pride in not working. The American dream has turned to a whopper in each hand, and a diamond on each finger. The problem is not Americans, but the people who hold the power.

I have the privilege of living in the greatest country in the world, FOR ME. I have no idea if the Netherlands would be better, or even if China would be. It just seems like we are all on a different page. I think the idea of individual countries might die out. Is is the time for a world goverment? Should the UN be able to go into an country and regulate how it works?

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 1 month ago - 16 years 1 month ago #12826 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:OLYMPIC GAMES
Well this is not about USA this is about innocents in Tibet. Now before I go further I only speak for myself. What is happenening in Tibet is nothing else but EVIL:
- descecration of religious practises and beliefs
- limitation of religious expression
- the attempt to make a people extinct by mixing them with Chinese natives
- cold blooded murder (in the millions)
I cannot understand how members of the Olympic Games can continue. Is this not tantamount to passive support? Standing on the corner of a street and watch how your neighbour gets his throat cut open, just because I don`t want to miss a chance of a life time opportunity. Do not the Olympic Games stand for fair play and justice and not for the \"EGO\"? Then I ask myself why is the world so concerned with Irak? Is Tibet not suffering under a dictatorship? I will not be watching, in any way, the Olympic Games, not while I know that my brothers and sisters will be doing their bit of swimming but in their own blood.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 16 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12827 by
well, if china does try to invade then you know that it will be another war. We will just have to wait and see.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi