Ancient Alien Theory (Yes, I’m going there)

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #363422 by Lykeios Little Raven
NOTE: I do not believe or accept this theory as fact. Nor am I trying to convince anyone of its veracity. I merely find it to be an interesting and amusing possibility to contemplate and discuss. Now that the boilerplate is done, I will start the discussion.

So, for anyone that hasn’t heard of this “theory,” Ancient Alien (or Astronaut) Theory, is the suggestion that alien/interdimensional beings have visited Earth in the past. According to these “theorists,” ancient aliens have even influenced or aided human society in many ways. The pyramids all around the world are, allegedly, the work of or the idea of some alien race(s). Furthermore, Gods, angels, and other supernatural beings are actually just aliens. The ancient people called them “Gods” mostly because they were so advanced and powerful.

I find this hypothesis intriguing, because, in some ways it makes sense. It seems possible that aliens could have inspired some of mankind’s most treasured and widespread myths. Perhaps vampires did exist and were, in fact, aliens that require some component of blood to survive. Maybe those terrifying angels, or “seraphim,” described in the Bible were actually extraterrestrial visitors. There are similar beliefs and accounts from all around the world among disparate and distant cultures. Indian mythology has hallmarks of this. Descriptions of “chariots” that the Deva rode could be interpreted by modern people to be space ships or airplanes/helicopters. The ancients simply didn’t have a word for “spaceship” so they called them “chariots of the Gods” and therefore named the beings riding in them “Gods.” Mythology is chock-full of accounts that include powerful mystic beings coming down from the sky.

I believe it is possible that the Aztecs were sacrificing humans to alien beings that they called “Quetalcoatl” and such. The Maya have a famous and fantastic stone carving that depicts a powerful King achieving immortality. On the large stone block there is a king who appears to be sitting in a cockpit with something that could be viewed as a respirator in his mouth and nose. There is even exhaust coming out of the “rocket.” Now, the popular anthropological explanation is that this is showing the King’s descent into the Underworld. But, if you look at the carving it looks suspiciously like some form of spacecraft. I will include pictures and links of this and other “evidence” later in this post or in a reply.

Archaeologists have found dozens or even hundreds of small gold figurines that look very much like airplanes or similar flying apparatus. The archaeologists say they are birds. But the tails have what seriously looks like vertical stabilizers. There are even some stone statuary with people or Gods wearing “spacesuits.”

Now, before I go further, I want to make it clear that I do not mean to diminish the ingenuity and intelligence of ancient peoples. Ancient humans were by no means less intelligent than we are. Egypt, Greece, Assyria, Rome, etc. had geniuses and visionaries just as we do. I don’t believe that the design and construction of ancient pyramids required the intervention or inspiration of aliens. But it is fun to consider the possibility. Perhaps Khufu really did meet with aliens who gave him blueprints or design ideas for his pyramid(s). I feel that it is possible. We still cannot recreate these megalithic monuments ourselves today! At least, not without modern technologies that the ancients supposedly fid not have.

There are depictions and examples of more mundane objects in Egypt and the Middle East as well. Inside the pyramids there is at least one wall carving that looks a lot like a lightbulb, which would explain how the priests lit the inside when worshiping or performing rituals. The popular explanation for that is that it is a lotus flower. The “bulb,” then is actually an artistic rendering of the scent wafting off the flower. But why would it have a discrete rounded ending rather than a triangular one or just two angled line segments? Sun rays in Egyptian didn’t generally have a rounded ending. Why would a fragrance?

There’s so much more to cover, but I think that’s enough to be getting on with. Now, to stimulate discussion, I have a fee questions.

1. Do you believe it is possible that there might be some truth to these “ancient astronaut theories”? And why or why not?
2. Do you accept them as fact? Why or why not?
3. If aliens visited in the past why haven’t they returned? If you believe they have returned, why?
4. If aliens do visit or return some day, what do you think would happen? How would humans respond? How would the aliens respond to what we’ve done to our planet?

Thanks for reading, look forward to coversating on this fascinating topic!

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Diana W, Kira

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #363522 by Streen
I appreciate you going through the trouble to present this theory in a mature and sensible manner. So, onto your questions:

1. Do you believe it is possible that there might be some truth to these “ancient astronaut theories”? And why or why not?

Yes. I've seen enough episodes of Ancient Aliens to be convinced that it is at least possible. I tend to watch only when they are talking about ancient civilizations and the seemingly impossible structures they left behind (such as in Egypt or Central America). However, I believe these people may have been far more intelligent that we give them credit for. It seems likely to me that they were possibly far more intelligent in terms of engineering than we are even today.

2. Do you accept them as fact? Why or why not?

Facts are tricky. I think I made it clear that it's a possibility, but not a definite certainty.

3. If aliens visited in the past why haven’t they returned? If you believe they have returned, why?

With all the sightings people have had of UFO's (or UAP's—Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) I tend to think they've been here all along (I have family who have seen unexplainable things). I think it would be incredibly arrogant to think we're the only intelligent life in the universe, or much less our galaxy. I figure that if we had the technology to visit other solar systems that had life, we'd be doing the same thing. And how long would it take for us to figure out how? A few hundred years? A thousand? Who knows how advanced other sentient life could be. Maybe they've had thousands or millions of years to figure out interstellar travel, and coming here is as easy as pushing a button.

4. If aliens do visit or return some day, what do you think would happen? How would humans respond? How would the aliens respond to what we’ve done to our planet?

Humanity in general would probably react negatively to the presence of extraterrestrial contact. It would upend most religions, others would feel threatened and react violently (fear to anger, anger to hate, hate to suffering); it's hard to say how everyone would react because nothing like that has ever happened. It would be the most significant event in history.

As for how aliens would respond to our actions, if they are here or nearby then they probably already know. If anything it's possible they've been trying to help, but that's a much bigger topic.

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Carlos.Martinez3

More
2 years 5 months ago #363527 by Carlos.Martinez3
1. I believe in humans. I do not believe in ancient aliens. I will tell you why since you asked.

Humans are amazing. I do not think we give the race enough credit. It is hard for my own brain to go automatically to aliens when I see a wonder or something extraordinary. As I walk this earth, I walk with those who will walk by me. I think people can create things we can not understand today. There are some things we just need that one person to explain it. Till then, I do not say alien, I say, some one amazing.

2. I know of people who are amazing today. Known and unknown can come with time and understanding. People make the most incredible things by necessity or virtue.

3. "We have learned to fly the air like birds and swim the sea like fish, but we have not learned the simple art of living together to walk this earth as brothers and sisters. " MLK

It will take a life time for me to find out who I am, Aliens are not the thing I look for when looking up or asking why. These are my own ideas and if you disagree, that is ok too. You are allowed by all means.

As a prior military man, I have seen some of the far reaches of the sky and earth and land and as well as the human heart. I still find people. Its people that still thrive. Without aliens, the credit would have to go to some person who knew something we didn't. THATS NOT POSSIBLE...is it?
I meet many people who have more understanding than I do. " Ain't met an alien yet". Met those with titles like illegal alien but still humans.
What do you think?
Can humans be responsible for better math or even something we do not understand?
Ever lost your keys or a passwords? Hmmmmmm We loose things all the time.

Hope this helps
Pastor Carlos
Feel free to ask any questions if you like as well.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Vincent Causse

More
2 years 5 months ago #363528 by Vincent Causse
I do believe that Aliens theories, who would have help humans build monuments and gave them skills, are some form of refusal to admit that our ancestors were totally intelligent and extremely capable. We talk about the stone age like humans were as clever as the stones they cut, we call them the cave men and many other names. I know Pyramids or even sites like Göbekli Tepe but those people didnt just come up with skills suddenly ! The stone age lasted quit a long time about 2.5 millions of years ! and if that is not enough to learn and perfect skills , what is ? The oldest bracelet found is about 40 000 or 50 000 thousands of years old! https://www.archaeology.org/news/3270-150507-siberia-denisovan-bracelet. So our ancestors had the technics, transmitted from many many many generations. Of course now we re wondering how did they do it, yes of course , our society is extremely good at underestimating the past and our newly found technology made us forget in an extremely short time. Than our ego comes on action! If we build grandiose things with powerful machines, cut stones with disks of diamonds , HOW ON EARTH simple men with no such technology could ever build anything that even now would take a very long time to recreate !!! thus the theory that it must have been done by higher being of sort! Denial denial denial.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
2 years 5 months ago #363551 by Lykeios Little Raven
Thank you all for responding respectfully and not making fun of the topic. Very refreshing.

Now, to answer your questions/comments.

I agree. As I hinted at in the OP, I think modern humans often seriously underestimate our ancient ancestors. I'm a Hellenic Polytheist. I worship ancient Gods, Goddesses, and Spirits. I have no trouble accepting the human origin of great monuments and achievements. That said, it is fun to ponder the possibility. Like, how would an ancient Egyptian Pharaoh have reacted if a jackal-headed humanoid just walked up to the construction site of his father's tomb and started giving pointers on how to build a bigger, better mausoleum? What would the people have done if a hawk-headed humanoid showed up and started dispensing wisdom? Etc.

How would early Christians have perceived a UFO or UAE (unexplained aerial event) that hovered in the sky clear enough to make out it's shape? I think they'd have invented the terrifying description of a "seraphim." Ever read the description of "angels" in the Bible? Nightmare fodder!

That kind of stuff. It's just fun and amusing. How would aliens that possibly visited the Maya/Aztecas react to their propensity for human sacrifice to the aliens? Would they even still be watching after they left?

It's fun for me. Call it a "thought exercise" if you will.

But yes, again, thank you for your well-thought-out responses! :D

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #363553 by Lykeios Little Raven

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: As a prior military man, I have seen some of the far reaches of the sky and earth and land and as well as the human heart. I still find people. Its people that still thrive. Without aliens, the credit would have to go to some person who knew something we didn't. THATS NOT POSSIBLE...is it?

Of course it is. It's even probable. There have been at *least* two "dark ages" in human history. Both times we lost lots and lots of books, building techniques, and other such knowledge. Hell, I'm still upset about the Library of Alexandria. (Damn fire...)
[hr]

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: I meet many people who have more understanding than I do. " Ain't met an alien yet". Met those with titles like illegal alien but still humans.
What do you think?

I think that relying on the fact that you haven't yet met an alien (as far as you know...how do you know for sure that acquaintance at the corner bar wasn't an extraterrestrial?) is poor evidence for the conclusion "there are no extraterrestrials" in the entire universe. The Universe is incomprehensibly massive. And, we're not even sure this Universe is the only one! In the possibly infinite reaches of the universe and it's multi-billion year lifespan you don't think it's possible, or even, probable there is some form of life out there? Now, I don't think there are many if any intelligent species out there, personally. But, there must be life somewhere. We are not "special." We're not even noteworthy as a species, not yet anyway. And if we keep destroying our planet the way we are we won't ever be noteworthy.
[hr]

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Can humans be responsible for better math or even something we do not understand?
Ever lost your keys or a passwords? Hmmmmmm We loose things all the time.

Of course we can! Again, I agree. However, I don't think that's an argument against the existence of extra-terrestrials or even against them having visited us in the past. Perhaps the Greeks, Egyptians, Maya, etc. took inspiration for their murals, frescoes, and other art from the appearance of some powerful aliens that visited them? What if these aliens became "the Gods"? If it doesn't change how you think of the world and about people, that's fine! But I know it would blow my mind if we ever found incontrovertible proof.

Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.

More
2 years 5 months ago #363565 by Alexandre Orion
Another interesting theory : panspermia

Just go with it... B)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

More
2 years 3 months ago #364539 by Lykeios Little Raven

Alexandre Orion wrote: Another interesting theory : panspermia

Just go with it... B)

Sorry, Alexandre, meant to reply to this a while ago

So, “panspermia” is the conjecture or theory that life on earth originated elsewhere in the universe and was either sent or otherwise traveled to earth on a comet or asteroid, correct?

More
2 years 3 months ago #364548 by ZealotX
I have to agree with Carlos. Humans are amazing. Since you brought up the bible I would like to point you to the story of the tower of Babel. In this story, there are no aliens or mystical beings. What it says is that humans worked together as one and their ability to create this "skyscraper" (probably nowhere near modern ones) represents what they were able to do if they put their minds to it. And it was taken by Yahweh as a threat.

Gen 11
6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

So instead of "helping" the (mythological) "aliens" in this story were working against human science/engineering. But read it in a broader context. "nothing will be restrained from them which they have imagined to do" The writers felt that humanity could accomplish anything it could imagine. He probably didn't imagine at the time that one day we would build ships that could fly. Such a thing would have been considered impossible and therefore magic. But we achieve this through understanding nature and working with it, not against it.

It is likely that the tower of Babel is really no different from other ziggurats built in many places on earth because the builders descended from the same strain of humanity. But if you can imagine a period where humans divided, instead of being ONE as what was feared in Genesis 11, then you can also see a world in which we burn our own books and libraries (like Alexandria) and work against ourselves and our own interests. And therefore we lose the knowledge that we once had; knowledge of the pyramids and their purpose. And now that we have forgotten so many things that were burned in the flames of conflict, we then judge our ancestors as if they were all savages who couldn't do math or science. But this isn't true. What is true is that there are humans who desire power and if they can't be in control they want to keep people weak, uneducated, or fighting each other so that they can control the population.

Through the bible, we're taught to believe that this control of us is for our own good. Clearly, Gen 11 describes an act of destruction in response to our knowledge and desire to create. And that's because the combined power of humanity can accomplish planetary-level things. But we have to believe it and believe in ourselves. And so, like Carlos, I believe in humans.

And humans can be gods.

• Whyte Horse
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
2 years 3 months ago #364701 by Whyte Horse
Everyone knows the octopus has alien DNA and quetzlcoatl were vampires.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi