What Keeps You Motivated?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 11 months ago #359920 by
What Keeps You Motivated? was created by
What keeps you motivated?

For me it's the feeling I get after accomplishment that keeps me invested in whatever I'm doing. That feeling makes me feel as through I'm moving forward. Stagnation sucks and it's a hard feeling to break out of. So what do you do to keep yourself motivated?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #360039 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic What Keeps You Motivated?
Understanding that I already don't feel like doing many things obligated of me, so I can still do the things that are good for me just as easily. Always being motivated, or ony acting when motivated carries a dangerous trap: I won't do it unless I feel like it. But then, I am only playing to half my strength. Things can be done because i know I should, not just because I feel I want to. It is a step toward maturity to recognize that.

rugadd

More
2 years 10 months ago #360516 by Streen
Replied by Streen on topic What Keeps You Motivated?
Pain is the motivation behind everything we do.......

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.

More
2 years 10 months ago #360527 by River
Replied by River on topic What Keeps You Motivated?
I think there's two perspectives to look at this "pain motivates everything" idea. In one sense, sure, everything we do is moving away from some kind of real or possible pain; the pain of isolation, of hunger, of loss, whatever. I prefer to look at my actions as moving toward rather than away though. I move toward connection, toward fulfillment, toward gains. That feels better to me, and I can sustain my motivation longer and stronger when I think of myself as moving toward rather than away.

More
2 years 10 months ago #360532 by Vincent Causse
For my part, i stay motivated because i do what i like or i follow my bliss. Of course it is not as simple as that, it is not always easy to go one doing things routinely, there are times where staying in bed or crashing on the sofa instead of doing you usual martial art routine could sound easier. Staying motivated is sometime pushing your self through, finding the strength to tear your self away from that so call confort and start on step at the time. I guess motivation could be like happiness, you create it and a good amount of positivity and self regulation helps staying that way. .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi