3 years 3 months ago #356620 by rugadd
Joy was created by rugadd
What can you tell me about joy?

rugadd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #356634 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Joy
Joy is fulfillment, it's taking pride in yourself and enjoying life fully.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

More
3 years 3 months ago #356646 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Joy
I can not speak of my own Joy.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
3 years 3 months ago #356647 by Diana W
Replied by Diana W on topic Joy
5 years of college. That was the happiest I have ever been. All that learning and exploring. And Geology ... field trips to nature, playing with rocks and dirt. Loved every bit of it. Grounded and content with life in general during that time.

Journals:
. IP . Apprentice . Personal . Healing . Degree . Seminary

Previous: House of Orion
Previous TM : Zero

Life is a sum of all your choices; So, what are you doing today?
― Albert Camus
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
3 years 3 months ago #356690 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Joy

rugadd wrote: What can you tell me about joy?

To me it's like an alignment of some neural circuits or something; where various 'systems' within the body/mind align to create a resonant effect.
Something like happiness might be an excitation of one or another of those systems, but joy is when several or all of them light up together. The resultant effect then includes things like a sense of embodiment, motivation, and things appear as if seen through different eyes.
In contrast we are left with fixation (be is despair (freeze), distraction (flight), or destruction (fight)) or feeding off the energy of others (mimicry).

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
3 years 3 months ago #356691 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Joy
The morning my daughter was born.

β€œFor it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
3 years 3 months ago #356798 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Joy
We cannot know true joy without also knowing pain. The latter is necessary to give rise to the former.

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kira

More
3 years 3 months ago #356824 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Joy
For me there is a joy that dwells in the every day spiritual and the every day physical. Mentally, for me , there can be a joy that exist the same way. I've met people who have shared their own joys with me. Some I can partake in on my own, some I can partake alongside others. Some joys I never knew existed till some one told me or I tried for myself. I never thought you could buy a book. If I would be able to write down all the things that bring me joy they would defiantly over lap others. We are not that different when ya think about it.

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/119680-14000-things-to-be-happy-about-plus-one?start=0#303589

Feel free to stop on by if ya like...

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
3 years 2 months ago #357442 by Streen
Replied by Streen on topic Joy
I think I can only claim to have known true joy once in my life, though it was also one of my greatest sorrows.

I fell in love once, and I fell hard. She and I hit it off, but it wasn't meant to be, because we met when she was only in town for a few weeks.

She went back home, and that was the end of it. It still hurts, and it's been over 10 years. People have told me to let go, but I'd rather remember her and feel the pain, than forget about her and lose the memory of the joy.

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi