N00b questions about the different types of Jediism.

More
4 years 1 month ago #350149 by Vampiric_Conure
So yeah. I'm very new. **Shows off her shiny soother** LOL. I have a million questions and most of them revolve around the idea of being a white/grey/black Jedi. Could someone explain that to me, please? I don't even know where to begin on that topic.

The Force : I'd like to hear how you see the Force in your every day lives. I'm pagan and the Force mimics my views of the Great mystery to a 'T'. Curious to hear how it affects your life, etc :)

The Dark Side: Is it more a fringe thing where the fluffies go for it?

And so I don't feel like a total idiot - anything you used to believe in that changed since becoming a Jedi?

Beware of dog? Forget the dog, BUDGIE IS A KILLER, TOO!

Teaching Master: Edan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #350151 by steamboat28
Do you mean in the fiction, or in realistic attempts at reconstructing it as a lifestyle?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
4 years 1 month ago #350152 by Vampiric_Conure
I guess both, with an emphasis on the realistic reconstruction of them as a lifestyle.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #350155 by

Vampiric_Conure wrote: So yeah. I'm very new. **Shows off her shiny soother** LOL. I have a million questions and most of them revolve around the idea of being a white/grey/black Jedi. Could someone explain that to me, please? I don't even know where to begin on that topic.

The Force : I'd like to hear how you see the Force in your every day lives. I'm pagan and the Force mimics my views of the Great mystery to a 'T'. Curious to hear how it affects your life, etc :)

The Dark Side: Is it more a fringe thing where the fluffies go for it?

And so I don't feel like a total idiot - anything you used to believe in that changed since becoming a Jedi?

I for one would love to understand a few things better from your concept!
What do you consider the difference is between white, grey and black?
I have never actually come across the term black jedi before so that is of particular interest.

What is "the great mystery"? I have been in pagan circles and have never heard this term either?

What is a "fluffie"? seems a term you use for dark jedi but that is quite interesting since that is typically given to someone that hangs out with white lighters?

More
4 years 1 month ago #350156 by Vampiric_Conure
Hey there! **waves hi**

I generally see things in shades of grey. However, if I were to describe what White, Grey and Black were, it would be on the focus of the type of energy they put out. White would be the healers and people who generally handle positive energies without harming. Black would be the followers of the Left Handed path. Not evil, just a different philosophy. Grey would be a mix of this, recognizing that although we try to do good, there are times harm might be needed (ie: Binding a rapist magically, defending one 's life in a fight, etc).

The Great Mystery is a native American term (Either Cree or Ojibwe around here) that describes that which came first before the Gods. Where did God come from? We don't know. I see this power as flowing through and around us, binding everything. Just like duct tape, heeeheee.

You are correct in that it's generally used to describe people who hang around white lighters. Up here it's sometimes used to describe anyone who takes their fandom a little TOO seriously, like people who think they will become the literal Darth Maul if they give in to the Dark Side of the Force. A fringe groupie.

Thank you so much for these questions! I'm learning so much about my own views of Jediism :D

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #350165 by Malicious
So your basically asking for our views on the different types of jediism , and how one applies which path they choose to there everyday life . This religion in a sense was an interpretation of a fictional story . We as real life Jedi cannot use the force but we try to help however we can . Generally Jedis have codes that they use in their lives . These are similar to knights of old but modernized . We as Jedi try to bring peace and balance and not let strong emotions rule our lives . We protect those who cannot protect themselves . Most religions try to teach these general philosophies but this temple brings it in new light . Jedis in a sense are like if you mix a monk with a knight . I'm not an expert so don't take my word on it .

As for " grey, dark , shadow , bendu " Jedi these people are different than the regular Jedi . Instead of following the main Jedi philosophies they choose their own path or bits and pieces from Jedi and sith teachings . Most of the time try to stay balanced . For people that choose these paths there are different reasons . Honestly in the wider Jedi community there are more but you will see very few of them . Some are either attention hogs , actually have a sound code for themselves , or don't agree with everything .

As for sith generally a few here but they are nice and keeps to themselves . Some follow the sith code to heart . Others let emotion control them . A few actually can harness there rage . But this is not a good way to live . If you are angry all the time then you will most likely have high blood pressure . A few sith are trolls or like to provoke people to feed on the chaos " those people usually get banned after a few warnings " .

So to recap light siders like Jedi do peace, balance and not letting emotion control you / follow a similar code . General " grey " Jedi if you like to use that term are more about balance , takes concepts from Jedi and sith codes . And sith give into there emotions generally helping themselves instead of others . Now this doesn't mean that these are entirely correct . Some sith are nice , some Jedi are mean , and the Grey's are unpredictable .

All that matters is follow the rules , play nice , and follow the terms of service . If ya do this everything is good . Honestly I have learned a lot from this temple and I hope you will too ! If ya have any questions please feel free to message me .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Malicious.

More
4 years 1 month ago #350166 by Vampiric_Conure
Sweet! Thank you for clarifying all that for me! I strive for balance and it appears the TotJO is right up my alley the way it is currently written.

Again, many Thanks :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #350173 by
haha!

Thanks for the answers to my questions. I dont know much about different colors of Jedi. I just consider them Jedi or not Jedi. I dont think anyone needs to define themselves with any details beyond that really as it seems here many call themselves something that is the same as others but none agree on what that means. I think there are sith around too as that seems to be a thing as well.

As for the great mystery or as jedi call it, the force (I assume) I have detail files on that. My belief is that it is the source and the destination of all things and that the path we choose to return to it is either light or dark. both however end in the same destination. It is a world model of 7 layers, although most here dont believe in it, I have personally experienced these things and spoken about them a lot with my spirit guides. thats just me though. How do you see The Force?

More
4 years 1 month ago #350176 by Vampiric_Conure
I see the Force as one all encompassing entity. It... just is. From it the Gods came and to it the Gods will return. It's what I like to call the duct tape of creation. It binds everything and if we lose it, we cease to exist. That day may come to the universe, but the Force will live on and as a result, so will creation in a new form.

The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi