The use of the “I” statement

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #349313 by Carlos.Martinez3
Hi Temple

The use of the word “I.”

When I am doing some reflection - a Jedi teaching comes to mind.

The word “I” has often helped me personally when dealing in communication and in learning. Today I -publicly as a member in the Temple and clergy - I have a question- in a self reflective setting isn’t the use of the “I “ word needed ? More often ? Less often? Where’s the line of balance you Jedi got? Chat with me a bit?

Is it fair to use words like- us- and -them -and -we - when discerning things we personally find out? Why can’t we say “I” or “I did “more often than “ well, we all live in a place where ...” some of just ... don’t. Can our “sword” or “saber” shine just as bright as a actual light when we use our words? Looking forward to what this brings

Please post recommendations definitions anything as far as resources you got - my tables round - have a seat and share !!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #349319 by Carlos.Martinez3
I’m thinking this is a need for an IP lesson maybe later in the future . What say ya?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349324 by
Replied by on topic The use of the “I” statement
Yes word "I" is very needed

The first thing which crossed my mind is - using "I" to alleviate tension of quarrels and arguments,
because it turns attention from problem and drama to it´s solution or understanding. By expressing
your feelings, thoughts gently, instead of focusing what´s wrong with someone else.
Because quarrels is usually centered on word "you/your" which makes more stress and tension,

The word "I" is also helpful for self reflection, through which we can understand why we behave certain
way. By exploring our values, focus, hatred and so on. Introspection will tell us what´s wrong with us.
What causing it and what to do, to make it better.
The questions like "How am I feeling right now?", "What bother me?" and so on.

I think this, should be in IP, I would put it into Lesson 7: Personal tool

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi