Why I stopped and why I probably will not continue

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #348330 by OB1Shinobi

Fyxe wrote:
You are a quitter? As a pastor, on in a position of authority here, is that really an image you want to show?

Are you ten years old or do you simply lack the self awareness to understand that you are at least just as flawed as everyone else? I have nothing personal against you - in fact, i hope we can become friends, in time - but your self-presentation here has been terrible so far; your inability to recognize your own shortcomings or and your obstinate refusal to consider the feedback you receive leaves you in no position to be critical of other people.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #348341 by Carlos.Martinez3
This reminds me of a story I was told about rabbit. Rabbit wanted to be wise and went to ask for more wisdom. During the process of request he was told to do these things first and I’ll give it to ya. Each time he did things three times before he accomplished each task. At the end of I remember three, he finally cashed in and said something like -I’ve done what ya asked where’s my wisdom- To which he was told - you’ve done these tasks which means each request you asked you found during these tasks. You don’t need me.

I’m paraphrasing
http://www.mikelockett.com/media-library/documents/Chinese_Stories/How_Rabbit_Got_Wisdom_in_Mandarin.pdf

Not the story I was told face to face but pretty close.

Some times there are clear cut yes and no’s and there’s the try factor. Some times it takes me more than 3 times to learn something. This last year alone, I have seen many people leave and some come back. Give n take - ebb n flow.- type of thing some times for me.

Learning looks different for many other people from where I sit. I’m not like others, but then again none of us really are.

Keep seeking - you will find - what ? Ya never know - might be what you were looking for might not but your gunna find something with the “seek” on.
May the Force continue to be with us all.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
4 years 3 months ago #348342 by ren
Quitting is not a negative thing. Not doing is doing, fishing for another man doesnt teach him, etc. Many of the all time favourite quotes are about quitting.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #348344 by

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Fyxe wrote:
You are a quitter? As a pastor, on in a position of authority here, is that really an image you want to show?

Are you ten years old or do you simply lack the self awareness to understand that you are at least just as flawed as everyone else? I have nothing personal against you - in fact, i hope we can become friends, in time - but your self-presentation here has been terrible so far; your inability to recognize your own shortcomings or and your obstinate refusal to consider the feedback you receive leaves you in no position to be critical of other people.

If a leader walked up to me and told me he was a quitter I would not follow them. Would that not be strange? Although upon further consideration I realized that quitting is not always a bad thing, so I commented about quitting smoking, right? Although as a leader I would not use negative words. Instead I would say I have begun a new healthier lifestyle. It's better to describe things by what we do, not what we dont do.

My question was not about my shortcomings so I'm confused as to why you even bring that up. Are you seriously trying to suggest my simple question for clarification set you off on this rant? Talking about shortcoming, lol worry about your own overly reactionary mentalness.

More
4 years 3 months ago #348346 by Manu

Fyxe wrote: If a leader walked up to me and told me he was a quitter I would not follow them. Would that not be strange?

I would be more peeved by a leader trying to convince me that he is perfect, than one who openly acknowledges he is as flawed as any other person, which I believe was the spirit of Carlos' post.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #348357 by

Manu wrote:

Fyxe wrote: If a leader walked up to me and told me he was a quitter I would not follow them. Would that not be strange?

I would be more peeved by a leader trying to convince me that he is perfect, than one who openly acknowledges he is as flawed as any other person, which I believe was the spirit of Carlos' post.

I believe that was the spirit as well. It was also my spirit. I posted my first reaction to his sentence. And then I put in my other, second reaction. However I still would never describe myself as a quitter. And just because I wouldn't do that also doesnt mean i just declaired myself perfect. A rejection of a bad trait does not automatically assert the opposite.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #348359 by Adder
I guess quitting just means leaving something that is enduring in some regard, before its 'completed' or finished being relevant to why it was participated in. Making it apt for addictions which by their nature drive continuation. An addict does not use/elicit a substance/effect, rather the substance/effect is using/eliciting the addict.

Not a bad thing in itself to quit, but it depends on what your quitting, why, and whats its impacts are. Its a balance of those things IMO, and for some things no-one else can be the judge of it except for the person themselves. What others think, care less of... said Yoda one night out drinking.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #348384 by
will you teach me?
most of this "stuff" is just confusing.
i am quite intelligent. and i do recognize that its kinda silly.
asking questions simply to ask them is meaningless.
this is how i see it.
asking a question should not be about contradictons.
the force is not a transistor, it is not about RFI.
i dunno. ive said to much already.
ps : i ignored my auto correct.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #348414 by
i dont know....
i havent decided yet. my gut says, i dont fit here.
i dont want to quit, i just have this sense that i do not fit her.
i have always appreciated you.
not sucking up, just facts.
liked your suggestion about 1 percent.
and nobody else even got my point.
and really, i wasnt even saying that, but yea. 15 minutes of one day...
what could be done with that?
i think that rocked.
all i get is question question questjon to my own questions.
here is difference: i will never offer a problem without a solution.
if the jedi way is just to go "i dont know" then its not for me.
i seek truth.
i dunno how else to put it.
i really like it here, yet, have a very distinct sense of i dont belong.
not in a bad way. i am either farther ahead, or farther behind?
either way, its not "HERE."
does that make sense?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #348415 by
i agree with this.

discord is not good. there are plenty of places for that.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi