Reincarnation

More
4 years 2 months ago #348502 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Reincarnation

Dakini wrote: Isn't reincarnation separate from legacy?

Yes. One is a word used to refer to something real, albeit arguably abstract. The other is a word used to refer to something almost entirely incoherent.

It's a shame we keep wasting so much of our energy on pseudo-spiritual woo for the vapid tingle hearing ourselves talk of things we think are so exotic makes in our ears. We could instead spend any amount of time at all on developing (studying, some might call it) the actually - practically, tangibly - profound and meaningful...

Fantastic tales we tell ourselves of the fates of those who left yield to us no torch to light the way ahead. All they do is console us against our self-pity and our fear of our own lives' finitude. They are no honour to the dead, nor to the living.
The lives that passed are not ours to toy with. As far as any of us can tell, they are gone for good from this place, whether they reach another or not, or whether there is any other place or not, or whether they one day return to our world in some other form none of us would have the means to recognize. The lives we get to play with are our own, and those continue on past the passing of some our peers, as one day ours will, too, end before the eyes of those we leave behind. But until that day we live in this world, the only one we know (if one dare call anything knowing) we ever get to visit. And we journey through but current life, the only one we know we get to live. What matters then to us in our lives on any practical level is not whereto vanish the spirits of the dead if there even are any, but rather what remains of them as part of the lives that survive and as part of the world they carry on within.

What do I think of the reincarnation idea? I think that someone who speaks of it without some conception of a soul, some kind of essence of the self that is beyond bodily function is likely not referring to the same thing I would by that label. At this point we know enough about nature, however, to say that there is no such thing as a soul by any context-relevant usage of the term "is". I believe therefore that we'd do well in our spiritual journeys to quit denying what is already known and try and deal with reality we do get to glimpse instead. There is plenty depth and beauty to appreciate in life without deluding ourselves into frankly cartoonish fantasies that fail at both, being consistent with the understanding of the universe we have already gathered, as well as actually adding anything of further utility to our philosophical studies or religious practices.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #348503 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Reincarnation
In the end, does your belief impact how you live?
If it doesn't, then your belief doesn't matter and you might as well not believe in it.
If it does, but it detracts from your quality of life, maybe you should consider asking why you believe in it.
Live in the now. If something is right, do it regardless of how you think it impacts your existence after death. To do otherwise is an inauthentic existence where you're running from your own mortality at the cost of wasting your life.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #348517 by
Replied by on topic Reincarnation

Malicious wrote: I heard a story from a old rabbi that originally there was a set amount of souls that God had created and one day all the souls where used up so an angel had an ingenious idea to split a soul in two . Eventually with the rise in population the number of people living grew to where they had to do it seven times to every soul and that's why there are seven people around the world that looks like you . I think this fits in to this reincarnation subject . Personally I don't hold much truth in this wisetail but food for thought I guess .

I don't know anything either . I've read in scripture where G-d told Moses to make a menorah only for the temple and it was to have 7 candle holders to represent his 7 spirits.

I also heard a story from a rabbi when we come to this Earth to pass through the matrix we make a promise not to remember where we been.
More food for thought.
I don't know and don't have any personal comments.

More
4 years 2 months ago #348532 by Rex
I'm about 85% sure that forceuser is being cheeky

"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #348533 by
Not for you but for most people on the forum I try to keep things super super simple matrix is mentioned 5 times in the King James Bible and not to get too technical in the Hebrew translation but basically it means to 1st come here are open our experience this life or you could say coming through the womb or when you were born

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #348534 by
yup thats right, the 7 world matrix that we all must travel through either through the path of acceptance or the path of rejection.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #348535 by

Fyxe wrote: yup thats right, the 7 world matrix that we all must travel through either through the path of acceptance or the path of rejection.

Wow whether pleasure to meet someone did actually is walking around what their eyes open.
Preview B with the forest and that sure we'll run into each other again

More
4 years 2 months ago #348537 by Rex
Well in the 15% bucket it goes. I guess I underestimated the internet

You do realize that matrix had a very different meaning back when and that the Hebrew word translates into modern English as womb.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #348539 by
what is a 15% bucket?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #348540 by