I want to know, what is The Force?

More
13 Nov 2019 19:03 - 13 Nov 2019 19:09 #345483 by OB1Shinobi

Fyxe wrote: No ob1, I asked the question what is the force? because I want to know what people think it is so we can discuss it and see what we can decide it is. I have an idea and you have an idea but when ideas get shown that make no sense why cant I disagree with them?



Interesting reply. Some of your ideas make no sense but when others point this out to you, you say they are bullying you. Now you are saying it is natural and appropriate for you to point out how and where other peoples ideas make no sense. Are you bullying them? Does it seem like you may be operating from a double standard? Do you see how others might believe you are operating from a double standard?

The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down in order to feel it’s warmth.
-supposedly an African proverb.
Last edit: 13 Nov 2019 19:09 by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick, Rex, Kelrax Lorcken, Jake Nislan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 19:12 #345484 by Fyxe
no double standard, I dont make fun of others opinions like others do. or tell me Im not listening or am a liar. I dont insult people. I just disagree, and you can disagree with me all yo uwant but I wojuld like you to tell me why and what you think is actualy realy instead of just teasing me.

Where ever you go, there you are. Make the best of it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 19:47 - 13 Nov 2019 20:18 #345486 by OB1Shinobi

Fyxe wrote: no double standard, I dont make fun of others opinions like others do. or tell me Im not listening or am a liar. I dont insult people. I just disagree, and you can disagree with me all yo uwant but I wojuld like you to tell me why and what you think is actualy realy instead of just teasing me.



Im willing to concede that some of us have a posting style that can come across as challenging. This may seem hostile or even insulting if youre not prepared for it but that doenst make it always so. Theres been some times where some people have been more blunt than they had to be, especially as time has gone on and frustration has increased. However, it also seems true that you have completely ignored all of the reasonable points that have been made to you by others and focused entirely on the instances where you felt insulted. This actually had the effect of fueling the challenging nature of some of our feedback because there were people who were really trying to communicate with you and times where you werent being insulted at all but because you thought you were being insulted, you ignored all of the sincere efforts at communication and seemed to want to make the whole thing about how poorly you were being treated.

As for you being called a liar: i dont have the energy for recalling the specific instances and pointing out the rationale for why someone would say that you lied. Generally, there have been several times where you have mischaracterized the way that people have treated you, here, and have mischaracterized what theyve said. Youve also claimed that you were in search of greater understanding but the way youve responded to other people has made that claim seem dubious. “In search of greater understanding” suggests that you want to learn from others. It APPEARS that you already have your opinions set about most things, and want others to agree with them. I dont know if the word “liar” is perfectly appropriate but its not entirely inaccurate, either.

The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down in order to feel it’s warmth.
-supposedly an African proverb.
Last edit: 13 Nov 2019 20:18 by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Kobos, Rex, Kelrax Lorcken, Jake Nislan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 19:55 #345488 by Gisteron

Fyxe wrote: I have an idea and you have an idea but when ideas get shown that make no sense why cant I disagree with them?

Well, good sir... How very dare you. Who are you to "deny someone else's experience" or however you put it? Or at least that's how you would respond. But I guess it's alright when you do it, isn't it?

Nobody was making fun of you, nobody was teasing you, nobody did anything to bully you, and you keep insisting that people did (and that they said specific things nobody said, too) while everyone can go back and read up on it. That is why I call you a liar: Because you keep lying, consistently and reliably. That's not an insult, that's just a description, and a perfectly fair one at that. If you find that that's a bad thing to be called, maybe you also find it a bad thing to be. Well, nobody is forcing you to keep lying. Like everyone else, you are free to read things people say attentively, maybe re-read them before misrepresenting them, or quote them, if that helps. Instead you elect not to and then carry on lying about what happened again and again.

See, I would love to keep it a discussion about the Force. But no. As with all threads you start, it's all a race to try and find the quickest way to make it all about you instead...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Jake Nislan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 20:34 #345489 by Skryym
I followed Brick's example and looked back at my own interpretation of the force essay in the IP. Honestly, my interpretation was empty, incomplete, and borderline lazy with a hint of ego. I've pasted it in the spoiler if you're interested in reading it. In fact, I might re-write a worthier essay in the future
but I don't believe I can do that before I have a definite faith in what the force IS. When I wrote the essay, I was honest. I didn't have any faith (still don't) but I knew it had something to do with the physical and metaphysical; the thunder above me, the memories in my head, the grass and brick hut around me.



Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]



The Force Is.

That's all we really need to say. Everything (which includes nothing) is the force. Good and evil (if they exist) are both contained within the Force. Being above good and evil, I don't believe the force would have a will per se. It would be more like a river. It is moving in a certain direction, and we can either act in harmony or disharmony with it. It's the cause-and-effect since creation, it's every state of matter and transfer of energy that has ever happened. We can all logically say that the force is matter and energy because, much like forestjedi said, "everything" is a difficult definition to argue against because it is self-inclusively "right". As soon as we throw religious or supernatural elements we begin travelling into "woo/magic" territory, and must proceed with caution.

That being said...

To agree logically in "The Force Is" and to have faith in that belief are different things. I don't logically believe in the Abrahamic God, but it is difficult to shed the superstitions and moral code hammered into the heart of a Roman Catholic alter boy. To me the Force is still a question: a personal commitment to seek the thing that connects everything.

Fyxe, I respect your interpretation of the force, but I don't think the temple will ever agree on the nature of the force. As for myself, I don't want everyone here to agree. Everyone's individual belief are what give us color and perspective to looking at the world. So rather than come to a conclusion - I am content to leave it simply: "The Force Is....."

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey

Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Brick, Kelrax Lorcken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 21:19 #345490 by Fyxe
OMG!! f**k both you gist and ob1. I am discussing THE FORCE!!! YOU ARE THE ONES THAT DRUG THIS CONVERSATION INTO A PISSING CONTEST AND GIST YOU ARE THE LIAR THAT IS MAKING THIS ALL ABOUT YOU AND THEN BLAMING ME!!
You guys are pretty brilliant at dodge and deceive, sneak attack on the newb like a pack of hyenias!!!

Where ever you go, there you are. Make the best of it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 21:22 - 13 Nov 2019 21:22 #345491 by Fyxe
skrym yes the force is, meaning it exists right and it can be seen in things right? but what are you seeing? connection to something bigger like what is that bigger thing?

Where ever you go, there you are. Make the best of it.
Last edit: 13 Nov 2019 21:22 by Fyxe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 21:25 #345492 by Omhu Cuspor
The Force.
The Force is electric, breathing,
Alive with both omniscience and wonder.
Its nostrils the wind,
Its eyes a symmetric pair of clouds,
Its feet the feet of lions and of ants.
The Force is a heartbeat, a quasar,
An infant's laugh.
It is the anguish of a mother whose child has died.
Its song is in the roaring wildfire, the wolf's howl, the kitten's purr.
The Force is everywhere and everything
Except for when it's not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Skryym, Kobos, Rex, Kelrax Lorcken, DannyNJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 21:36 - 13 Nov 2019 21:43 #345493 by OB1Shinobi
Im going to show you an example of what i was talking about earlier

Fyxe wrote: OMG!! f**k both you gist and ob1. I am discussing THE FORCE!!! YOU ARE THE ONES THAT DRUG THIS CONVERSATION INTO A PISSING CONTEST AND GIST YOU ARE THE LIAR THAT IS MAKING THIS ALL ABOUT YOU AND THEN BLAMING ME!!
You guys are pretty brilliant at dodge and deceive, sneak attack on the newb like a pack of hyenias!!!



If you go back to this post: www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-...orce?start=10#345480 i told you what i think the Force is.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


If you wanted to talk about the Force you could have but you didnt; you completely ignored everything i said about it, instead. Now you are claiming that i am trying to drag the conversation away from its intended focus even though you, yourself ignored the focus in favor of making it about you. But youre accusing me of doing that. I gave you two topic options to choose from: a discussion of the Force and a discussion of your interactions and reception here at TOTJO. You chose to talk about yourself but now youre angry at me for continuing the discussion that you chose and am chastising me for not talking about the Force. Do you see how people might interpret this as a double standard?

The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down in order to feel it’s warmth.
-supposedly an African proverb.
Last edit: 13 Nov 2019 21:43 by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 21:42 #345494 by Fyxe
you show me where I drug this conversation off the force?

Where ever you go, there you are. Make the best of it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick