Thoughts on smoking/vaping ?

More
4 years 4 months ago #345183 by Malicious
Well I recently graduated high school , but when I was in the school I played rugby , and baseball . I do lift weights and go on jogs , also nature walks in the woods and creeks . I do a little martial arts but nothing big mostly training with a old man who is a forth degree black belt . I don't do it for ranks or anything officially , I do it just for self defense .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #345184 by OB1Shinobi
You have a good foundation of fitness, thats cool. I started Brazilian Jiujitsu a couple of years ago, its great for self defense (especially if you already know the basics of punching and defending punches) and the cardio is intense! Id highly recommend it.

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 4 months ago #345186 by Malicious
Actually that's one of the foundations of what my master (martail arts ) is teaching me . It is pretty intense , but I mostly am just reading through PDFs about the forms and other styles because he is kinda busy and we live kinda far away so we don't get to meet up alot .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #345188 by OB1Shinobi
Ah, ok. If you have a job it would be worth it to find a gym and train with other people. Grappling especially is something where you absolutely have to have training partners. Really you need sparring partners for everything but you can learn to do the footwork and the motions of striking attack and defense through shadowboxing and bag work (it wont be nearly as good as proper sparring but it may be enough to give you a chance), not so with grappling; the techniques require the weight and momentum of the other person. You really have to experience it to understand it.
BJJ is pretty awesome man. The first couple months can be hard because its humbling. You spar right off the bat and when you roll with people who have been doing it for a while, it shows you how un-ready you really are for a fight. If you can be persistent though it becomes a real power in your life. Not only can you fight but you know how to persist under real stress. Plus it keeps you in good shape and gives you a reason not to smoke; so you dont get tapped! ;-)

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Malicious

More
4 years 3 months ago #346768 by Malicious
This topic fell a little to the side lines so I'm bumping it , so what are your thoughts on smoking tabacco , cannabis , and vaping ?
Also thank you everyone so far for commenting and to who will comment as well !

=_= Malicious (+_+)

More
4 years 3 months ago #346772 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Thoughts on smoking/vaping ?
My thoughts, like most things, learn what it is, how it works, what it does, how to do it, and then stop if it's unhealthy, harmful to others, or too expensive. Dunno if that can be mangled into the 5 Knight Trials of fiction, but perhaps :silly:

So no, I don't, but have. Haven't in decades.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malicious

More
4 years 3 months ago #346774 by Malicious

Adder wrote: My thoughts, like most things, learn what it is, how it works, what it does, how to do it, and then stop if it's unhealthy, harmful to others, or too expensive. Dunno if that can be mangled into the 5 Knight Trials of fiction, but perhaps :silly:

So no, I don't, but have. Haven't in decades.

What is this 5 knight trials of fiction you speak of ? Would you care to elaborate on this to satisfy my curiosity please ?

=_= Malicious (+_+)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #346776 by
Replied by on topic Thoughts on smoking/vaping ?
Inhaling anything other than the 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.04% carbon dioxide mixture that we call "air" is bad for you.
Duh.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #346813 by
There was already mentioned that smoking is really unhealthy, and I am agree with this point. But if I had an option to vote for legalization of cannabis or against it, I would vote for - some chemical substances that can be found in cannabis are capable to cure cancer, as a medicine that stabilizes the organism after chemotherapy and makes this procedure less harmful and more effective.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #346814 by

CaesarEJW wrote: Inhaling anything other than the 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.04% carbon dioxide mixture that we call "air" is bad for you.
Duh.

I don't think you are right in this opinion. Not just anything except of pure "air" is harmful. "Natural" air, for example in the forest or nearby the ocean, also includes hundreds of other compounds that can be helpful for a human. For example, pine forests produce lots of phytoncides, that can cure infections just by inhaling them, even tuberculosis!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi