Do you believe in levels of consciousness?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #345027 by
I think we can see that consciousness is "awareness" of something, right? so thank you Ohmu for trying to help! its appreciated. haters can sit in a puddle of pudding!

I will tell you of my definitions that are similar to yours

I am not sure about an evil consciousness, I think that is just the dark side of the force that I describe as the absence of life.

Worldly consciousness I call physical consciousness - It is awareness of the physical world - height, thickness, and wideness and time.

waking consciousness I call astral consciousness - it is awareness of astral plane where astral or energy bodies are and some believe demons and angels and such

subconsciousness i call causal consciousness - and it is awareness of mental energy and being able to talk to spirit guides and model being energies

super I call neutral - its where akasic records reside so it is awareness of of future, past, present events, emotions and connections

christ I call spiritual - it is the plane of ascended masters like jesus and buddha and people like that so it is awareness and communication with with great powers and influences

cosmic I call Divine - This is the plane of creation where the force takes of itself and shatters it to millions of pieces to be sprinkled down through the layers to create reality. I guess this is best seen as awareness of our connection to everyhting.

And then above that is The Force itself, the creator.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #345028 by OB1Shinobi

Fyxe wrote: I think we can see that consciousness is "awareness" of something, right? so thank you Ohmu for trying to help! its appreciated. haters can sit in a puddle of pudding!

I am not sure about an evil consciousness, I think that is just the dark side of the force that I describe as the absence of life.

Worldly consciousness I call physical consciousness - It is awareness of the physical world - height, thickness, and wideness and time.

waking consciousness I call astral consciousness - it is awareness of astral plane where astral or energy bodies are and some believe demons and angels and such

subconsciousness i call causal consciousness - and it is awareness of mental energy and being able to talk to spirit guides and model being energies

super I call neutral - its where akasic records reside so it is awareness of of future, past, present events, emotions and connections

christ I call spiritual - it is the plane of ascended masters like jesus and buddha and people like that so it is awareness and communication with with great powers and influences

cosmic I call Divine - This is the plane of creation where the force takes of itself and shatters it to millions of pieces to be sprinkled down through the layers to create reality. I guess this is best seen as awareness of our connection to everyhting.

Thank you for this. Though i figured these sorts of things were what you had in mind, spelling it out makes a lot of difference. The thread is titled “Do you believe in levels of consciousness?” and based on these examples youve given, i can say unequivocally no, they sound like fantasy mumbo jumbo that people believe in because they want them to be real. Ive read about these sorts of things in books back when i was into new age authors but the time i spent with that crowd, meeting people and going to talks by people like Stuart Wilde and Deepak Chopra and Wayne Dyer and a few others whose names i dont recall, offhand, the more i realized that it was space cadet bullsht. People paying for fantasies and people willing to feed fantasies to the people willing to pay for them. For every scrap of real insight, there was a pound of fluffy nonsense.
Now, i have had my share of experiences you might call “psychic” and “mystical” and i am completely open to possibilities that defy conventionally proven facts about reality and consciousness. But im not able to play along with people who just keep building more and more elaborate fantasies out of what they wish were true.

So again, my answer to your question is: no, but good luck to you.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Kobos, Brick, Rex

More
4 years 5 months ago #345031 by Kobos

Fyxe wrote: haters can sit in a puddle of pudding!
This is particularly bad but keep it chill. I can see your frustration Fyxe, but I ask to read deeply what others have said, there is a wide variety of thought here. There are many different people with different tones of writing, they also have different specialties in life where they have that knowledge comes into play in a discussion. This foster good discussion, and I have seen comments like this blow up before. Note: this is not a warning or anything, just me saying, this could be a much better discussion without insult.

cosmic I call Divine - This is the plane of creation where the force takes of itself and shatters it to millions of pieces to be sprinkled down through the layers to create reality. I guess this is best seen as awareness of our connection to everything.

So, in context of the discussion I have to ask. Why subdivide consciousness in to so many levels?
From my point of view, it seems like naval gazing at something that we in the end cannot be conscious of even if we wanted to. To me in a way the literal "live" consciousness and the experience of living in a moment is the Force. Why break that apart and make it more complex?

Now do attempt we apply that to the grand scale and why? Or do we see the Force as able to be applied and understood within the actual moment in which you are currently partaking in on a micro scale? When you do as little as smile, and it makes another happy you have altered their consciousness have you not? Are a million of these moments of application better than many of failed and few successful attempts to apply the Force in such a macro way?

Just some thoughts on whats been talked about.

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

Just some way

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, OB1Shinobi, Skryym, Brick

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #345032 by OB1Shinobi
My apologies for the double post, there are some specific things i want to elaborate on but i know people are keeping up with what gets posted and i dont want these additional thoughts to be missed. I also see that i have some “thank you” action going on and i dont want anyone who thanked me to then feel conflicted after seeing additional statements which added something they wouldnt want to thank. So here we go:

OP, you list some things here that just dont make any sense to me. Like how the dark side of the force is the absence of life so i dont see how that adds up.

Astral plane: People talk about astral projection and i see it like this: if you cant astrally project to my house and tell me what kind of cereal i am eating, youre probably just having a very vivid dream. Understand, I do believe in dreams as a “state of consciousness”. There is a type of “soul travel” where (for example) shamans enter into the underworld in order to find the solution to a problem. And certain yogis and other mystic types also enter into trance states and have other kinds of visions and immersive experiences. I suspect these that training allows one to enter into what a modern westerner would consider a lucid dream with a predetermined theme. I believe these experoence can definitely produce insight but i dont believe the “soul” really goes anywhere.

Your idea about the subconscious doesnt acknowledge anything that modern research or theory has to say on the topic. Its all ghosts and spirits with you. If i ask you how “spirits” are different from “angels and demons” can you give me an answer that really comes from your own experience of dealing with spirits, angels, and demons, or will you just repeat to me what you read in a book or saw on a video?

Akashic records is another one i think is just blabber. So many people talk about akashic records but none of them can actually predict the future. I mean, yeah, they can make ominous declarations about the blood moon and the three headed lizard, but they cant tell you who the next president will be, or who will win the next super-bowl, or when the next major plane crash will happen. Its not even that i reject all forms of divination its that people who talk of akashic records dont ever show that they can actually access them.

Why is your “spiritual” separate from from your “astral”? Demons and angels arent spiritual beings? Heres another important moment: what does the word “spiritual” mean? Im not asking you to explain it, in asking you to think about it.

The divine state of consciousness where the force shatters itself to millions of pieces to sprinkle down and create reality.

Reminds me of the Eagle’s Emanations from the works of Carlos Castaneda. My question is; is this something youve witnessed personally?

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Amaya, Kobos, Rex

More
4 years 5 months ago #345033 by OB1Shinobi

Kobos wrote: Or do we see the Force as able to be applied and understood within the actual moment in which you are currently partaking....? When you do as little as smile, and it makes another happy you have altered their consciousness have you not? Are a million of these moments of application better than many of failed and few successful attempts to apply the Force in such a macro way?

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. Smiling in a happy and unselfconscious way is a real power. Its a modest power that maybe no one will make any movies about and definitely not going to give us “ascended master” status, but its a power that really influences the people around us and its one that we can all learn. Great point.

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Amaya, Kobos, Brick

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #345040 by
I dont think you alter consciousness by smiling, you only alter perception and maybe mood. I am also not the creator of the universe so I cant answer why so many levels, I didnt make them up. they were there and explored and written down before me. :P

obi1, if the light side of the force is all connected life, does it not seem like the dark side of the force would be the absense of life? There can be no love without life and so lack of love is darkness.

Astral projection - ahh I see this is a trick question! you were not even eating any cereal. in fact you are quite a mild drinker of milk. No demons and angels are not spirit beings, they are astral if they exist at all. I dont believe in demons or angels because I dont believe God exists. if anyone has encountered them (I havent) they are just tricksters. this is also why a soul does not exist that can leave the body. no such thing. instead what I think happens is we extend ourselves and our perception outwards to others. we are all connected at the force level so why would we not be able to do this? I am one piece of a consciousness, why would I not be able to interact with other pieces? spirits are just more of those pieces. like I said, demons or angels are just pretending to be something they are not.

I have never mentioned anything about subconscious so I am not sure how you would know anything about my ideas on that? I think we have subconscious. that is that part that can be aware of 200 things and takes care of them without our even knowing. like heart beat, breathing, dangers, stuff like that.

Nostradamus was an amazing reader of the akasic record, he has predicted all sorts of amazing things through time. the problem is that no one else practices his form of reading and so his stuff is not confirmed until after it happens most of the time. there have been others like him but they have never gotten together to compare notes!

I have not witnessed all of this personally, but I have some awareness of a lot of it. like being maybe at a party and listening to all the people talking that is very noise so you cant make out what anyone is saying and then suddenly your mind just sharpens and comes into focus on a single word you hear clearly, your friend across the room calls your name. You hear that as clear as day and then the buzz comes back, but your consciousness is altered for that second and you become aware of your friend trying to get your attention. its like that.

I think these different levels are the source of great powers like the Jedi in the movies have. but achieving awareness of these places we can gain what seem like supernatural powers. however they are just force powers.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by .

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #345042 by Kobos

Fyxe wrote: I dont think you alter consciousness by smiling, you only alter perception and maybe mood. I am also not the creator of the universe so I cant answer why so many levels, I didnt make them up. they were there and explored and written down before me. :P

Perception and reality are often not far apart. All perception, reality and mood are stimuli experienced via consciousness. So I repeat the question, it\s that smile not a manipulation of another consciousness (let alone the biological and other effects it has on the self)? So then why take the word of those who have written before you and easily dismiss those whom speak to you now?

Kobos

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Kobos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick, Rex

More
4 years 5 months ago #345044 by Brick

Kobos wrote: Perception and reality are often not far apart.

Spot on Kobos, indeed I'd go a little further than that. Our perception IS our subjective reality, and the only reality we have constant and immediate access to. It's only by comparing/sharing our perception of reality with others where we can find similarities and therefore begin the discussion of whether or not there is any kind of objective reality.

Kobos wrote: So then why take the word of those who have written before you and easily dismiss those whom speak to you now?

Another excellent question. Based on historical and personal experience, I would surmise that it is because these particular writers have only served to reinforce that which the OP already held to be true.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Rex

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #345045 by
Dismiss?? who have I dismissed?
I asked about belief, didnt I? I just wanted to know what people believe?

I supose a smile can be interpeted as a change in consciousness but not all the time. its not guranteed. so like if Im in a pissy mood and someone smiles at me it might mean they are acting hoity instead of friendly. it didnt change my perception of being pissy then.

But it might also be that IM just walking down the street and a hot person smiles at me and suddenly Im aware that they are attracted or like me. well thats a change. but once again, that same thing could happen and I woujld never notice. so its not a perfect idea.

as for taking words, I did not take words, I had experiences, then I read stuff and it matched what I experiences so its a good bet that others experience what I did so I accept their telling. IM just asking thaqt same thing her. have others seen stuff or have some reason to think this stuff is real. how is that dismissing?

More
4 years 5 months ago #345046 by Kobos
That is fair I would say I miss read the intent of some of your comments, perhaps the word dismiss was of poor choice on my part. I do believe I see a little dismissal of opinion based on a perceived notion of what others should believe. There is no such thing as a perfect idea nor is there an absolute outcome to any one action. I only use the smile as an example because it is an easily understandable action.

Just thoughts man take them for what they are.

I tend to agree Brick but it is a case where we can all be open minded. The writers Fyxe have brought up are not poor sources but are often read without context.

Kobos

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi