Do you believe in levels of consciousness?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #344873 by
I have finished campbell and I believe even more now that levels of consciousness can be achieved! New levels open up so many new ideas that lower levels might not be aware of. I dont mean to be like an elite or something but I wonder if others here can wonder about the idea that maybe what they are experiencing is not the complete picture of reality? Maybe powers we think are fiction are not really fiction. That Jedi might be a place we can start to explore deeper meaning in a transformation of our species to that of pure light and beauty? A place where war and evil is not needed anymore? I dont think we as humans in this reality will ever go past that but in our light bodies we may see a new view of what all this means? The power is there, so as jedi can you see this possibility of great evolution?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #344875 by Rex
Well there's what you're conscious of and what you aren't conscious of, it's pretty cut and dry that way (sure some things can hop over the line, but that's a different conversation). You and I aren't and can't be conscious of a lot of things. Being self-aware doesn't mean you'll unlock level 2 force healing, but it does offer a certain kind of ability to see the beauty that was previously glossed over.

Unless you're using it in the Buddhist sense, you are your "light body." Putting hope in your eternal soul to do things you cannot do now is acting in bad faith. You're condemned to live a human existence.

Edit: you can absolutely reconcile what I'm saying with spirituality, but there's a certain level of passivity in some beliefs that denies the breadth of human freedom (e.g. if only I became a level 6 laser lotus, I'd understand my purpose here - too bad god didn't let me ascend higher)

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Rex.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #344876 by

Fyxe wrote: I have finished campbell and I believe even more now that levels of consciousness can be achieved! New levels open up so many new ideas that lower levels might not be aware of. I dont mean to be like an elite or something but I wonder if others here can wonder about the idea that maybe what they are experiencing is not the complete picture of reality? Maybe powers we think are fiction are not really fiction. That Jedi might be a place we can start to explore deeper meaning in a transformation of our species to that of pure light and beauty? A place where war and evil is not needed anymore? I dont think we as humans in this reality will ever go past that but in our light bodies we may see a new view of what all this means? The power is there, so as jedi can you see this possibility of great evolution?

Hmmm... realistically, we do know that there are different states of consciousness. The best example I know of is how watching television too much switches your brain from running on beta waves to alpha waves, 2 distinctly different states of consciousness.

spiritually? I think consciousness can't necessarily ascend, like you suggest, but I do think it can... "evolve"(I use quotes because evolution is a biological phenomenon, primarily), come to newer, greater states of consciousness, but like moving between alpha and beta wave activity, it may be another thing entirely to sustain such a state for extended periods.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #344878 by
What is bad faith? How can you have such a thing? faith is just faith right? not bad or good but positive! faith is the hope of things to come! thats all, the belief that better things can be achieved, the acceptance of things not seen, the embracing of higher powers we cant comprehend totally. I think that is what faith is all about and I think it is important for growth. We know there are 10 levels of consciousness from evidence. The first 4 we are aware of naturally and the 5th sometimes if you can open your mind in such a way (not brain). The other 5 are there for us to take and experience. The higher states will lead us to eventually shed our physical bodies and become pure energy. This is the ascension that spiritual masters like Jesus speak of. We can all eventually achieve this I think, but some will go into it fighting all the way. I say stop the fight, let it happen. Open the mind and walk into that light of joy. Has anyone expereinced those higher dimensions and if so I woujld love to hear of them?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #344879 by
https://youtu.be/N0WjV6MmCyM
Watch this. It's a clip of Carl Sagan explaining the perception of other dimensions. Trust me, it'll make you think.

More
4 years 5 months ago #344883 by Gisteron

Fyxe wrote: I wonder if others here can wonder about the idea that maybe what they are experiencing is not the complete picture of reality?

See, I'm right with you there, and...

Maybe powers we think are fiction are not really fiction.

Woosh, now you lost me. :silly:

Fyxe wrote: We know there are 10 levels of consciousness from evidence.

Do we? What evidence is that, then? Also, what is a "level of consciousness" anyway and how does one count them?

The first 4 we are aware of naturally and the 5th sometimes if you can open your mind in such a way (not brain). The other 5 are there for us to take and experience.

Okay, so you're saying we are "naturally aware of" four of those "levels of consciousness" (what ever they are). We can sometimes become aware of a fifth one. The same is not said of the other five. Yet, somehow, we can declare that there are ten in total and what the other five are "for"?

Are there rules to this game? What is this mess?

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, OB1Shinobi, Brick, Rex,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #344891 by
Well it seems to be pretty common knowledge among most spiritual circles. Christains divide them to levels of heaven and hell, jews have the Kaballah, Buddhism has the 10 spiritual realms of enlightenment, new age people have chakras and astral planes, Hindus have Brama. Why wouldnt The Force have these realms as well? I see them as different people having different ideas of what the realms are. Even physics has an idea there are 10 dimensions!

I am just asking what others think the dimensions are and how we interact with them spiritually. Have you touched any or do you believe we can rise through them to reach the ultimate reality of The Force? What are they and what do they mean to Jedi?

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #344893 by OB1Shinobi
Ever been sort of absent minded or gone into “auto-pilot” and suddenly realized youve been acting in the world without really being aware of what you were doing? Ever get “in the zone” where you seem to be hyper aware; alert and immediately responsive to every detail around you? Buddhists believe in a state of mind they call Mushin which seems very similar to what we know as “flow state”

https://www.zenlightenment.net/zen-concepts/mushin.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)

There are multiple esoteric, monastic, and shamanic traditions which utilize a variety of avenues (meditation, sound, fasting, psychoactive substances etc) to enter into so called “trance states”. And of course we know theres such a thing as hypnosis.

http://www.selfhypnosis.com/depth-of-trance-states/

What about so called “hysterical strength” where we hear of mothers lifting up cars to save their children?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterical_strength

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/extreme-fear-superhuman/

From an evolutionary perspective, our ancestors didnt have the brain development necessary for language; were they “conscious”? Id say yes, certainly they were and they obviously must have been able to understand and interact with the world reasonably well because hey, here we are. So what was their “level of consciousness”? We still have most of the brain apparatus that carried them through and the processes that motivated them are also motivating us, we just happen to also have the frontal cortex and all the processes which come with that. So our “level of consciousness” must be different from theres.

Definitely there are “levels of consciousness”. The questions are how many there are, where are the “boundaries” between them, can/how can we access them deliberately and how do they affect our perception, behavior, and capabilities when we do enter them.

OP, i understand this may not be exactly what you had in mind but this is all on solid ground, making it a good place to start.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheDude,

More
4 years 5 months ago #344895 by OB1Shinobi

CaesarEJW wrote: https://youtu.be/N0WjV6MmCyM
Watch this. It's a clip of Carl Sagan explaining the perception of other dimensions. Trust me, it'll make you think.

Carl Sagan explaining God and other Inter-dimensional beings with science :laugh:

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #344897 by
Fascinating topic, thank you. I'm wondering if somehow the energy that Reiki practioners use is accessing these levels of consciousness - i.e.; they/ we can send energy back in time or forward in time (transcend time and space) and a video made years ago can help those in need today. It is a really interesting concept. Goes along with parallel realities too - if there is another deb who has already overcome situations, I would love to meet her and learn from her. Exciting to think about these things, thanks for the post.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi