Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?

More
4 years 6 months ago #342751 by ZealotX

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: According to the World Health Organization, 56 million people die each year, which is an average of about 153,424 people each day. The exact number of people who die each day, however, fluctuates.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: You have allowed this dark lord to twist your mind, until now, until now you’ve become the very thing you swore to destroy.

Anakin Skywalker: Don’t lecture me, Obi-Wan! I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Your new Empire?

Anakin Skywalker: Don’t make me kill you.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic, to democracy.

Anakin Skywalker: If you’re not with me, then you’re my enemy. And besides, so what if I killed younglings. According to the world health organization children die all the time. That's small potatoes compared to the 56 million who die every single year.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Geez... you're right Anakin. What have I been doing all this time? Why fight or save anyone? Millions are going to die no matter what...

Anakin Skywalker: Dude! That's what I'm saying, bro. You should come on over to the dark side.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Do you have cookies?

Anakin Skywalker: We have cookies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #342752 by Kobos
Ok that was just funny right there, don't care who you are that's just funny/

Now, on a serious note, how do you know who the dark lords are? By there very nature they are hard to identify, or else they would be pretty crappy dark lords...............

Please stop making me defend orange man.

Much Love, Respect, and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Kobos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #342756 by Carlos.Martinez3
Ahhh ... you know what happens when you give a Jeddist a cookie ...

Edit : they will ask for a drink and sit down and eat it aka ... listen, at least till the coffee and cookie are gone.!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 6 months ago #342758 by ZealotX

Kobos wrote: Now, on a serious note, who do you know who the dark lords are? By there very nature they are hard to identify, or else they would be pretty crappy dark lords...............

Exactly... I agree 100%. I do see Trump as a dark lord of the sith. Does he claim to be a sith? No. Does he have to? Did Palpatine?

One of our first encounters (according to the timeline, not the appearance of the movies) with Palpatine as a dark lord was him maneuvering two sides of the same republic into conflict. Palpatine used the threat of war to provoke a response that would ultimately make him the person they voted for to handle that threat.

On the other hand, Trump came in by telling the public to be afraid. "Their rapists. Their murderers." Steve King supports this by saying they have calves the size of cantaloupes. South Park had a long running joke about poor whites mad about immigrants taking their jobs and forming a mob.

Warning: Spoiler!

Of course it was the Trade Federation that Palpatine was effectively controlling. On the other hand, by attacking foreign trade deals like NAFTA and starting a trade war with China Trump seems to be trying to form a blockade against products moving in and out of the country. But does he realize how many American jobs that would effect?

Palpatine, of course, used Naboo to get elected. In this Trump is different because he used Russian interference to help him get elected. Not only was Trump promising and ease of sanctions against Russia but we still see Trump pandering to our enemy, seeming to suggest that he would accept future aid from them and even arguing that he will work to get them back into the G8 without Russia giving up anything. That almost makes it seem more like Putin is the real emperor and Trump is more like Dooku.

This seems inconsistent but if you think about the Rule of Two, Trump acts like Putin's apprentice the same way Palpatine was an apprentice to Darth Plagueis.

Of course their completely different! I'm just kidding. After all, Palpatine executed Order 66 attacking his own law enforcement arm who he saw as a potential threat where as, on the other hand, its not like Trump would ever attack the FBI or fire its leader, triggering some kind of Special Counsel situation.

And its not like Palpatine who was accused of being a Sith lord and attempted execution for treason, but thrwarted for the sake of a more democratic process, is anything like the currently failed (still holding out hope) attempt to impeach Trump for his numerous attempts to obstruct justice according to Robert Mueller.

These guys are totally different! I mean Palpatine was using aliens like Jar Jar and Maul with speculation about being xenophobic because the policies of the Empire trended towards xenophobia https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Xenophobia
Warning: Spoiler!

But hell... that's NOTHING like Trump being seen as racist while US policy tends to favor immigrants from European countries and largely ignores border "threats" on the northern border. (white [border] walkers welcome)

As well it is assumed that Palpatine somehow inherited his fortune from his master, which is in no way similar to Trump inheriting millions upon millions from his father Fred Trump.

Palpatine's focus on the military is nothing at all like Trump's focus on the military and wanting big extravagant military parades like North Korea.

There are so many dissimilarities I can hardly keep track. But aside from all these blatant distinctions what you have with Trump is someone who has achieved great wealth and power mostly by deception, not by forceful seizure. That's in no way similar to what Sidious did. They're so different, in fact, that Trump must have watched the whole SW series just as set of lessons of what not to do. And because he learned nothing from SW he makes sure that anyone in his immediate circle who even has a hint of disloyalty has to go... you know... before they can push him down a flight of stairs. The guy is so anti sith that he must be a Jedi.

This is sarcasm if anyone couldn't tell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 6 months ago #342759 by Brick

Kobos wrote: Please stop making me defend orange man.

I feel ya bro

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Rex

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #342760 by
Didn't Mueller say that Russia-gate was false? Thats probably the one argument that erks me, mostly because it was three years of essentially wasted time, provided Mueller was telling the truth when he said it was false. And now the Dems used the same logic of Russia interference against Tulsi Gabbard, one of their own! That's the main thing I can't stand about the far left: they are effectively ostracizing the centrists which will inevitably go to the right by default if they don't see the left on their side. I'm not defending Trump, rather I'm explain why both sides just irritate me nowadays.

Also, I do think some of the far left may be for open borders, as some do want to decriminalize border crossings, so is that not open borders?
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #342761 by
Also, to get this back to the original question albeit in a different aspect, what do you guys think about a Jedi supporting his IDEAS, such as strong border and military and less reliance on Chine, but not his methods or boorish nature?

More
4 years 6 months ago #342762 by Kobos
Deimos I think me and you have a very similar media diet, probably because of our mutual source ole Timmy. He's made me look deeper into things that catch my attention and that's gone a long way to change some of my views that and the fact that a constructive conversation is now incredibly difficult to have.

Zealot, So, this all said about Trump what is our alternative? The FBI thing was kinda legit since the FBI head admitted to leaking information about an active case, that's just poor law enforcement work period. Say impeachment succeeds (supposing he gets a second term), then what Pence, because I do not like Trump but dang Pence is like right wing Biden, that to me doesn't bode well. In your opinion which of the officials running against Trump is going to be a good fight for the crisis of our time? I am actually trying to have a good conversation here even though we may disagree and really only kinda.

Much Love,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #342763 by
Assuming you mean Tim Pool, he's the only one I really watch as he seems mostly centrist with a slight lean left, like myself. My friend called him a jackass because he's conservative, and I just face palmed when I read that....

More
4 years 6 months ago #342764 by Carlos.Martinez3
I do have a question...
as a Jedi - a Jeddist - a what ever your label is ... any one not us ... do they automatically look like Sith? Why is it so easy to say well I don’t believe like him sooooo you must be a Sith... it’s like our Catch22 sometimes. “ if you weigh less than a duck you must be a witch!” I do it too. On that idea alone - a palpitate will always be present and a side will always be taken. Good will always see bad as dark and dark will always be blinded by the light ... no matter how dim or the strength. There came a time where all of that ... the light the dark finally made sense to me. Differently ... I should say - then things started to change. I don’t like Trump. I don’t like my bosses. But I did vote for him for different reasons. What are we doing with our freedoms? We argue politics - words - meanings and all the whole ...nothing gets done.

High wind
Big thunder
No rain.

Attachment B05CDC45-EC07-432B-9ADE-000446EF8F0A.jpeg not found

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi