Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?

  • CaesarEJW
  • CaesarEJW's Avatar
  • Guest
06 Dec 2019 23:16 #346894 by CaesarEJW
Replied by CaesarEJW on topic Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?

ZealotX wrote:

CaesarEJW wrote:

ZealotX wrote:

CaesarEJW wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: Lest ye believe its only those evil white men....

I hate white people.
(for the record, I ain't white, I'm Irish)


even as a joke I'm not 100% comfortable with this.

Well, I'll take 99% or below.
also
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm


You did read "as a joke" right? And yet you found it necessary to give the URL for sarcasm? Are you trying to be offensive/trolling or what?

also. I don't personally care that you don't care.

see what I did there?

I'M JOKING TOO
LOVE YA BUDDY
not that you care *cries in corner*
I personally don't care that you don't care that I don't care.
That's why I took the time to write this, that's how much I don't care.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2019 23:41 #346895 by Kobos

CaesarEJW wrote:

ZealotX wrote:

CaesarEJW wrote:

ZealotX wrote:

CaesarEJW wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: Lest ye believe its only those evil white men....

I hate white people.
(for the record, I ain't white, I'm Irish)


even as a joke I'm not 100% comfortable with this.

Well, I'll take 99% or below.
also
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm


You did read "as a joke" right? And yet you found it necessary to give the URL for sarcasm? Are you trying to be offensive/trolling or what?

also. I don't personally care that you don't care.
See what I did there?

I'M JOKING TOO
LOVE YA BUDDY
not that you care *cries in corner*
I personally don't care that you don't care that I don't care.
That's why I took the time to write this, that's how much I don't care.

All of this said I am going to request we head back to the topic at hand with a sense of maturity here. I don't mind a joke, if someone does well hey it happens. If it is not well received and some voices their opinion on it let them speak their piece just as you spoke the joke. Responses in line with above only inflame, lets do better than telling others we don't care. Just think there is better way to say what you were getting at. I watched this thread burn once and would prefer it not happen again. Everyone, build each other up, its what we do.

Much Love,
Kobos

"Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal"-Immortal Technique

You can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile- Men without hats

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, CaesarEJW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CaesarEJW
  • CaesarEJW's Avatar
  • Guest
07 Dec 2019 02:16 #346899 by CaesarEJW
Replied by CaesarEJW on topic Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?

Kobos wrote:

CaesarEJW wrote:

ZealotX wrote:

CaesarEJW wrote:

ZealotX wrote:

CaesarEJW wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: Lest ye believe its only those evil white men....

I hate white people.
(for the record, I ain't white, I'm Irish)


even as a joke I'm not 100% comfortable with this.

Well, I'll take 99% or below.
also
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm


You did read "as a joke" right? And yet you found it necessary to give the URL for sarcasm? Are you trying to be offensive/trolling or what?

also. I don't personally care that you don't care.
See what I did there?

I'M JOKING TOO
LOVE YA BUDDY
not that you care *cries in corner*
I personally don't care that you don't care that I don't care.
That's why I took the time to write this, that's how much I don't care.

All of this said I am going to request we head back to the topic at hand with a sense of maturity here. I don't mind a joke, if someone does well hey it happens. If it is not well received and some voices their opinion on it let them speak their piece just as you spoke the joke. Responses in line with above only inflame, lets do better than telling others we don't care. Just think there is better way to say what you were getting at. I watched this thread burn once and would prefer it not happen again. Everyone, build each other up, its what we do.

Much Love,
Kobos

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CaesarEJW
  • CaesarEJW's Avatar
  • Guest
07 Dec 2019 02:43 #346900 by CaesarEJW
Replied by CaesarEJW on topic Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?
I apologize for my rather immature and inconsiderate behavior.
Please forgive me.
Peace and love to all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2019 17:27 #347081 by Ganner Rhysode
Would it be wrong to suggest that Jedi should be apolitical?


TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Traveler412
  • Traveler412's Avatar
  • Guest
10 Dec 2019 17:40 #347082 by Traveler412
Replied by Traveler412 on topic Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?
I would say Jedi be more independent but not apolitical. Unless they truly want to

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2019 18:33 #347084 by steamboat28

_Vergere_ wrote: Would it be wrong to suggest that Jedi should be apolitical?


Yes. Yes it would.

Politics touches on every major human right in some way or another, and dictates the livelihood of everyone under it's purview.

To ignore politics is to turn a blind eye to the suffering of others. That is not something suggested anywhere in this Temple's Code, Creed, Teachings, Maxim's, or the "Jedi Believe" section. Nothing in the Doctrine here supports a lack of compassion, and therefore nothing in the Doctrine inherently or automatically supports an apolitical stance, according to my reading.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Rex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2019 19:20 #347087 by ZealotX

_Vergere_ wrote: Would it be wrong to suggest that Jedi should be apolitical?


It would be wrong but I do understand where you're coming from. I think a lot of people mainly don't want to discuss for the same reason its generally accepted as bad to talk about religion and politics at work because there's always going to be someone who will get rubbed the wrong way. However, if we can't discuss religion and politics, as Jedi, then we have a ways to go still. And it is acceptable that we are all at different stages along the Jedi path, but progress means that we shouldn't be so affected by mere discussions or someone voicing a different opinion. After all, what does progress even mean if never tested? Or without the outlet of correct application? We need to be able to see where we fall short. Being able to accept that we're wrong sometimes is important for growth. But if we never have any discussions in which we can be wrong then its like a basketball player who thinks they can beat Michael Jordan in his prime when in reality they have only played by themselves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Rex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2019 19:24 - 10 Dec 2019 20:23 #347088 by OB1Shinobi
Ive seen many articles and videos of leftists fomenting the same kind of bigotry, resentment, mis-characterization of facts and generally faulty-logic that klansmen use to justify hating blacks and jews. I consider the various SJW narratives as being socially cancerous. Naziism has absolutely no chance of gaining a foothold here, SJWism arguably does.

A general explanation of the principles we believe in is as much as i would be comfortable agreeing to, in regards to official Temple position.

INDIVIDUAL Jedi should be free to decide for themselves the nature of their service in the world, and where/how they ought to invest their time and energy. I think this approach results in most of us being at least a little bit political while protecting our shared space from becoming either an all-out political battlefield or gradually shaped into a political echo-chamber.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 10 Dec 2019 20:23 by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malicious

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CaesarEJW
  • CaesarEJW's Avatar
  • Guest
10 Dec 2019 19:39 #347089 by CaesarEJW
Replied by CaesarEJW on topic Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?

_Vergere_ wrote: Would it be wrong to suggest that Jedi should be apolitical?

Yes, in the sense that we should steer clear of involvement with the corrupt nature of the modern political system, but no, in the sense that it wouldn't be prudent to be apathetic towards issues that affect us all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick