What is the force?

More
02 Sep 2019 16:42 - 02 Sep 2019 16:46 #343074 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic What is the force?
What is the Force.
So....
We can all admit we live in the real world not the Cinema. Definitions from the movie or from cannon and such aren’t wrong but in the real world - what is the Force? Off line. Not on the internet.
In the real world of bills- tv. - radio -internet - radio internet- instant updates of live internet info around the world ...excuse my slang but dude ... where’s the Force?! Where’s the real? I think we can safely say that in this place - if we believe and practice all have value - the Force can be pretty much any level of higher way thinking / idea- written word - faith - practice- and before you say it : what each of us brings to the Temple is our Force. ( and the Force of others ) What we CAN share are ways and paths ideas tried and some failed. We can’t define the Force for others. That’s silly. The place we all come from - our home - our practices - they are all different. The Force is called by many names- this we often agree on. The Force can be love - hate - will- fear - it can be emotion it can be character and it can be one or a mix of things. To ask - what’s the Force to me is like always asking - what’s the Force to you? What do you call the Force? That - would be your own beautiful rendition of what you have. Mine would be mine. So many times it’s easy to start arguing or say - who gets credit or where it goes for things ...


But in the end - the Force in real life’s is what drives us and moves us and helps us. . . What ever you were taught that was depends on your location and availability.
It’s those connections that bind us - that we make intentionally or unintentionally or have. It’s all the above and then some.
Don’t get me wrong - I’m not saying it’s everything and cop out and make no choice- ... nope ... saying everything like that means also you gotta have a everything balance or ... be one sided or out of balance.
The more I learn about others expands my definition of the Force and helps it to grow in my own practice. The more my Force grows - the more I can give. Different forms of kindness - wisdom- love - fear- come from a seek like this. That’s where I’m at. Seeking the Force for me is a good thing. Cultivating it results in different types of character rather than others . Different duck- don’t expect a bull to taste like trout if it’s cut in the shape of a fish.

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Sep 2019 16:46 by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Uzima Moto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2019 03:59 #343114 by CaesarEJW
Replied by CaesarEJW on topic What is the force?
I give up.
I feel even if I did properly explain myself, it would be useless.
You're just going to give me some more shit about how I'm not explaining it well enough, or that I'm full of myself, that I'm holier than thou, (which is not what I'm meant at all), and then you'll find 20 reasons why I'm wrong, blah blah blah.
Taoism. That's what I'm talking about.
Esoteric abstract bullshit.
Listen to some Alan Watts or something, I dont know man.
I feel like an idiot now, so i hope you're happy.
Not to mention I'm going through a really low point in my life, and I was hoping this place would be a friendly environment where we could talk constructively about stuff instead of being all mentally combative.
I'm not trying to guilt trip you at all, I really am super depressed, and this is just another shit sprinkle on the diarrhea sundae that is my life.
I suppose I was a little bit arrogant, but it makes perfect sense to me, I just dont know how to explain it to you.
Go ahead though, take another shot, show everybody how I'm wrong, and you're more intelligent than I, put me down for being honest about my point of view.
I dont care anymore, I hate my life, so what difference does it make if I convince a complete stranger that my perspective may contain a nugget of truth or not.
God I'm pathetic.

“Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone.” - Alan Watts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2019 04:05 #343115 by Kazat0
Replied by Kazat0 on topic What is the force?

Rex wrote: How do you come up with that number?


excuse me? did you not read the obvious "this is just an estimation and not accurate it is just a guideline" part??

"The road to good and evil is wide and filled with many but the path to neutrality is narrow and empty."
-Nichos Skywalker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2019 04:06 #343116 by Kazat0
Replied by Kazat0 on topic What is the force?

Daniel L. wrote: "You have touched the Force. What does it feel like?"

"It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies. It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus. It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark." - Kreia


nice quote

"The road to good and evil is wide and filled with many but the path to neutrality is narrow and empty."
-Nichos Skywalker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2019 04:10 #343117 by Kazat0
Replied by Kazat0 on topic What is the force?

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: What is the Force.
So....
We can all admit we live in the real world not the Cinema. Definitions from the movie or from cannon and such aren’t wrong but in the real world - what is the Force? Off line. Not on the internet.
In the real world of bills- tv. - radio -internet - radio internet- instant updates of live internet info around the world ...excuse my slang but dude ... where’s the Force?! Where’s the real? I think we can safely say that in this place - if we believe and practice all have value - the Force can be pretty much any level of higher way thinking / idea- written word - faith - practice- and before you say it : what each of us brings to the Temple is our Force. ( and the Force of others ) What we CAN share are ways and paths ideas tried and some failed. We can’t define the Force for others. That’s silly. The place we all come from - our home - our practices - they are all different. The Force is called by many names- this we often agree on. The Force can be love - hate - will- fear - it can be emotion it can be character and it can be one or a mix of things. To ask - what’s the Force to me is like always asking - what’s the Force to you? What do you call the Force? That - would be your own beautiful rendition of what you have. Mine would be mine. So many times it’s easy to start arguing or say - who gets credit or where it goes for things ...



But in the end - the Force in real life’s is what drives us and moves us and helps us. . . What ever you were taught that was depends on your location and availability.
It’s those connections that bind us - that we make intentionally or unintentionally or have. It’s all the above and then some.
Don’t get me wrong - I’m not saying it’s everything and cop out and make no choice- ... nope ... saying everything like that means also you gotta have a everything balance or ... be one sided or out of balance.
The more I learn about others expands my definition of the Force and helps it to grow in my own practice. The more my Force grows - the more I can give. Different forms of kindness - wisdom- love - fear- come from a seek like this. That’s where I’m at. Seeking the Force for me is a good thing. Cultivating it results in different types of character rather than others . Different duck- don’t expect a bull to taste like trout if it’s cut in the shape of a fish.


so then the force is some subjective pick and choose nonsense that has no real grounding thus you don't even know that you don't even know what you're believing in.

"The road to good and evil is wide and filled with many but the path to neutrality is narrow and empty."
-Nichos Skywalker
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2019 05:28 - 03 Sep 2019 07:33 #343119 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic What is the force?

Kazat0 wrote:

Rex wrote: How do you come up with that number?


excuse me? did you not read the obvious "this is just an estimation and not accurate it is just a guideline" part??


Even so, how did you come up with that estimate? You must still have based it on something

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 03 Sep 2019 07:33 by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2019 13:10 #343128 by Uzima Moto
Replied by Uzima Moto on topic What is the force?

CaesarEJW wrote: I give up.
I feel even if I did properly explain myself, it would be useless.
You're just going to give me some more shit about how I'm not explaining it well enough, or that I'm full of myself, that I'm holier than thou, (which is not what I'm meant at all), and then you'll find 20 reasons why I'm wrong, blah blah blah.
Taoism. That's what I'm talking about.
Esoteric abstract bullshit.
Listen to some Alan Watts or something, I dont know man.
I feel like an idiot now, so i hope you're happy.
Not to mention I'm going through a really low point in my life, and I was hoping this place would be a friendly environment where we could talk constructively about stuff instead of being all mentally combative.
I'm not trying to guilt trip you at all, I really am super depressed, and this is just another shit sprinkle on the diarrhea sundae that is my life.
I suppose I was a little bit arrogant, but it makes perfect sense to me, I just dont know how to explain it to you.
Go ahead though, take another shot, show everybody how I'm wrong, and you're more intelligent than I, put me down for being honest about my point of view.
I dont care anymore, I hate my life, so what difference does it make if I convince a complete stranger that my perspective may contain a nugget of truth or not.
God I'm pathetic.


You're not pathetic, just learning.. don't let "educated" people make you feel like they're more than you. Because sometimes people can be so "smart" that they're stupid.. he has a hard time with intuitive things it seems like.. and he has his own biases and weaknesses..

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, CaesarEJW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2019 13:37 - 03 Sep 2019 13:37 #343130 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic What is the force?

Uzima Moto wrote: ... sometimes people can be so "smart" that they're stupid..


Oh yes, very much so. Sometimes people stupidly ask questions instead of wisely (pretending like) having answers. What weaklings, pah!

Last edit: 03 Sep 2019 13:37 by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, CaesarEJW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2019 13:59 #343134 by Uzima Moto
Replied by Uzima Moto on topic What is the force?

Gisteron wrote:

Uzima Moto wrote: ... sometimes people can be so "smart" that they're stupid..


Oh yes, very much so. Sometimes people stupidly ask questions instead of wisely (pretending like) having answers. What weaklings, pah!


Sometimes people ask questions that have already been answered.. sometimes people are offering they're thoughts on a subject to communicate their point of view..

.. and.. sometimes.. people forget that knowledge isn't something hard to grasp. So they act as if they're something unique..

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick, CaesarEJW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2019 14:08 #343137 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic What is the force?

CaesarEJW wrote: I give up.
I feel even if I did properly explain myself, it would be useless.
You're just going to give me some more shit about how I'm not explaining it well enough, or that I'm full of myself, that I'm holier than thou, (which is not what I'm meant at all), and then you'll find 20 reasons why I'm wrong, blah blah blah.
Taoism. That's what I'm talking about.
Esoteric abstract bullshit.
Listen to some Alan Watts or something, I dont know man.
I feel like an idiot now, so i hope you're happy.
Not to mention I'm going through a really low point in my life, and I was hoping this place would be a friendly environment where we could talk constructively about stuff instead of being all mentally combative.
I'm not trying to guilt trip you at all, I really am super depressed, and this is just another shit sprinkle on the diarrhea sundae that is my life.
I suppose I was a little bit arrogant, but it makes perfect sense to me, I just dont know how to explain it to you.
Go ahead though, take another shot, show everybody how I'm wrong, and you're more intelligent than I, put me down for being honest about my point of view.
I dont care anymore, I hate my life, so what difference does it make if I convince a complete stranger that my perspective may contain a nugget of truth or not.
God I'm pathetic.


Dude, since you got here, you have expressed so much love for everyone here. Why have you excluded yourself from that "everyone" that you love?

You are not pathetic. You are not stupid.

The fact that you are tested by other is a tacit acknowledgment for our respect of your ability and your worth.

Keep on participating, my friend, don't get discouraged :)

If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.

TM: Bruno Moreira (Kyber) | Public Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Kobos, Brick, CaesarEJW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick