Learn From Your Enemies - Keep Them Close

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342075 by
How many here are familiar with the phrase, "learn from your enemies"? How about, "Keep your friends close but keep your enemies even closer." ? When you read these phrases, what comes to mind? Do you view enemies as those who you want to destroy? Those you want to avoid? Those you name as your rivals? Those you feel pity for? What's an enemy to you? Can you learn from your enemies?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342077 by
I personally always considered an enemy as someone you hate. Hate is not something I have for too many people, if any. Just people I strongly dislike, so based on that I don't think I have any enemies. That being said, I would think of an enemy as one who wanted to destroy me rather than me want to destroy them. The main reason being I don't have hate for anyone, so I don't wish to destroy anyone. I suppose rival would almost be the same thing, but my best friend is my rival in many things but I don't think of him as an enemy per say. I do think you can learn from your enemies, but I would learn in the form of understanding them; the way they think and process the world around them. I would then think about how I could apply that mindset to my life if applicable in a way that would better me as a person.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi