YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

More
23 Aug 2019 04:54 #341971 by Mortose
Replied by Mortose on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Manu wrote:

Mortose wrote: Temporary or not, a warning in my pm box would have done wonders, even a notice that this temporary ban was to be enacted. I received nothing. For all I knew, the ban was permanent. Why else do you think I reacted as strongly as I did?


Maybe this is a learning opportunity and you can work on basic emotional intelligence skills, to avoid being controlled by circumstance. You are shifting all blame to others (why did YOU make me react), but no one forced your hand.

Take ownership.


I take ownership of every single one of my actions, that's not an issue. Furthermore, my EQ isn't an issue either, though you'd not know that because you don't know me offline.

-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2019 05:00 #341972 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

I take ownership of every single one of my actions, that's not an issue. Furthermore, my EQ isn't an issue either, though you'd not know that because you don't know me offline.


If that is true, then bring your offline persona here, I’m sure she’s much more interesting than this Darth Troll mask you’ve got going on here.

I will concede that a warning PM would be a good thing as far as general banning processes go.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Step aggressively toward your fear. - Jocko Willink

TM: Bruno Moreira (Kyber) | Public Journal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2019 05:04 #341973 by Mortose
Replied by Mortose on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Manu wrote:

I take ownership of every single one of my actions, that's not an issue. Furthermore, my EQ isn't an issue either, though you'd not know that because you don't know me offline.


If that is true, then bring your offline persona here, I’m sure she’s much more interesting than this Darth Troll mask you’ve got going on here.

I will concede that a warning PM would be a good thing as far as general banning processes go.


Thank you, that would have been sufficient. Still, a member of leadership revoking my welcome here in the thread I started would also have been acceptable.

As for your comment about my offline persona, it's not real. Why would I bring something fake here when my original and current intention is being authentic?

-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2019 05:07 #341974 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Mortose wrote: As for your comment about my offline persona, it's not real. Why would I bring something fake here when my original and current intention is being authentic?


Well, then who are you really? And why is there a schism between personas? Wouldn’t someone pursuing authenticity want to be authentic in all venues of life?

I am the same here as I am anywhere else.

I am actually curious to get to know the real you.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Step aggressively toward your fear. - Jocko Willink

TM: Bruno Moreira (Kyber) | Public Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelrax Lorcken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2019 05:11 #341975 by Mortose
Replied by Mortose on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Manu wrote:

Mortose wrote: As for your comment about my offline persona, it's not real. Why would I bring something fake here when my original and current intention is being authentic?


Well, then who are you really? And why is there a schism between personas? Wouldn’t someone pursuing authenticity want to be authentic in all venues of life?

I am the same here as I am anywhere else.

I am actually curious to get to know the real you.


I can't be true to myself offline because my livelihood forbids it. I'm not troubled by this double life though.

As for your desire to get to know me, my journal was an attempt to do just that. I've been nothing but authentic there.

-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2019 05:18 #341976 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

As for your desire to get to know me, my journal was an attempt to do just that. I've been nothing but authentic there.


I hope you can understand my confusion. You react here in a childish manner, then claim that’s not how you are offline, then turn around and say the offline you isn’t the authentic you, and that the real you is in your online journals, which circles back to the initial childish reactionary.

So, who are you?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Step aggressively toward your fear. - Jocko Willink

TM: Bruno Moreira (Kyber) | Public Journal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2019 05:22 #341977 by Mortose
Replied by Mortose on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Manu wrote:

As for your desire to get to know me, my journal was an attempt to do just that. I've been nothing but authentic there.


I hope you can understand my confusion. You react here in a childish manner, then claim that’s not how you are offline, then turn around and say the offline you isn’t the authentic you, and that the real you is in your online journals, which circles back to the initial childish reactionary.

So, who are you?


Yes, I am authentic in my journal. I'm being real and raw.

Furthermore, I'm childish when I want to be. It's better than being serious all the time. So... yes, part of who I am is childish. I don't have a problem with it, though it seems you do?

-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2019 05:30 #341978 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Mortose wrote: Yes, I am authentic in my journal. I'm being real and raw.

Furthermore, I'm childish when I want to be. It's better than being serious all the time. So... yes, part of who I am is childish. I don't have a problem with it, though it seems you do?


I don’t mind playfulness ;)

Being offensive and then turning around and crying “I’m offended”, however, does annoy me.

People here will usually apply Hanlon’s razor, which means they will usually let some offense slide, ascribing it to ignorance or an inability to self-regulate emotions.

But if you openly admit you are deliberate about your offensiveness, that you are carefully choosing when to play victim and when to play persecuter, then you disambiguate intention, and people understand you are willfully being destructive. That will eventually get you banned.

I don’t actually buy that you are as in control as you claim, which is why I still give you the benefit of doubt.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Step aggressively toward your fear. - Jocko Willink

TM: Bruno Moreira (Kyber) | Public Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick, Rex, Kelrax Lorcken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2019 05:34 #341979 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Mortose wrote:
Furthermore, I'm childish when I want to be. It's better than being serious all the time. So... yes, part of who I am is childish. I don't have a problem with it, though it seems you do?


We're all childish at times, but being childish at this particular time does little to help your case.

With regards to why you're banned and for how long for, I agree that you should've been informed. I've been asking for this info to be given to people for years

Welcome Team, IP Team, and Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2019 05:37 #341980 by Mortose
Replied by Mortose on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Manu wrote:

Mortose wrote: Yes, I am authentic in my journal. I'm being real and raw.

Furthermore, I'm childish when I want to be. It's better than being serious all the time. So... yes, part of who I am is childish. I don't have a problem with it, though it seems you do?


I don’t mind playfulness ;)

Being offensive and then turning around and crying “I’m offended”, however, does annoy me.

People here will usually apply Hanlon’s razor, which means they will usually let some offense slide, ascribing it to ignorance or an inability to self-regulate emotions.

But if you openly admit you are deliberate about your offensiveness, that you are carefully choosing when to play victim and when to play persecuter, then you disambiguate intention, and people understand you are willfully being destructive. That will eventually get you banned.

I don’t actually buy that you are as in control as you claim, which is why I still give you the benefit of doubt.


I'm not playing the victim, nor am I a victim. I'm rightfully angry regarding this ban. Whether I deserved it or not, I have no idea because I wasn't given a warning in my pm box, was I? Think about it. There is no "playing victim" here, only disgust and confusion. As for my playful conduct with the troll, it was just that. Did you read what she wrote later, after following me to yet another of my threads? I told her I suspected I knew something and she basically confirmed I was correct. However, I still think she's just a troll.

-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick