What's the difference?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #340377 by
What's the difference? was created by
Hey all,

I am relatively new to this path and have been looking into all the different forms of Jedi (Jedi, Grey Jedi, Dark Jedi, etc.) and I was wondering what is really the difference between them all? From what I have looked up and understand I fall more towards the Grey Jedi, but want some more clarification on this to see what really is the path I have in mind.

Respectfully,
Matsun Ismaren

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #340383 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic What's the difference?
Some folk use a moral spectrum for a scale between light and dark, some use rationality/objectivity, some use self control, some use external change, some use internal change, and some use concepts nested within frameworks denoted to progress. Some people might not even agree which end is which! In the fiction it was more clear cut because using the Force was more an effects/result activity as a result of its manifest power and utility. To define what light and dark aspects of the Force means to oneself, one must first define what the Force means to them - and likewise this often is a personal system based on ones circumstances. We do though (here at least) share the doctrinal guidance to interpret a Jedi view to enable Jedi action. The finer semantics though seem to be better left to be created by the practitioner as a function to the connecting with the Force. IMO. so, what does it mean to you and must it mean that? To me... I shift between it being an inner-outer dynamic, to it being a subtler dynamic about circumstance such that dark means a Jedi on a dangerous spot, grey means a Jedi in a difficult spot, and light means a Jedi in the supportive rewarding environment - note in that later one their is no difference in the path, rather the circumstance of its application. Just to confuse things a little :)

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #340389 by
Replied by on topic What's the difference?
This is the best information I've had the pleasure of viewing, even if it technically only applies to the lore.
https://youtu.be/hDo1Km4bMys

More
4 years 9 months ago #340396 by Streen
Replied by Streen on topic What's the difference?
Try not to get hung up on labels, because they tend to restrict you.

Just be you.

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

More
4 years 9 months ago #340403 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic What's the difference?

Hey all,

I am relatively new to this path and have been looking into all the different forms of Jedi (Jedi, Grey Jedi, Dark Jedi, etc.) and I was wondering what is really the difference between them all? From what I have looked up and understand I fall more towards the Grey Jedi, but want some more clarification on this to see what really is the path I have in mind.

TotJO itself, as a...jedi church doesn't really teach, or use shades or whatever. There is Jediism, and how you apply it.

Some of the other Jedi communities do use them a bit more, and have specific teachings or paths for those with whatever preference. Presumably with matching robes, amulets, and secret passwords.

A few members here may or may not give themselves adjectives, maybe it makes them cooler or something, but it rarely has any bearing on much other than their dress sense and music choices.

I've always considered myself a Hufflepuff, if that helps at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi