Use of the Force

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #339670 by
Replied by on topic Use of the Force
There was a post going around FB that said something to the effect that everything is energy and you can control it with the power of your mind. The gist of it being that if you wish it with intent it will happen. It had some great points and some lose ends if you ask me. When I consider the Force, I can't help but relate it to God; a being like us that we can relate to. I don't think of the Force as one being but all beings, past, present and future. The collective consciousness of everything working to preserve an existence that we can experience. The Force has a will and a plan for us. I know many don't believe in fate or destiny, but I have to believe that there is something to this. I've escaped death so many times where others don't even have a close call, they just end up dead in their first encounter. I fully believe that when it's your time it will happen, you will not cheat it. If you don't die it's cause you're not ready and only the Force knows when you are, or more appropriately, when the Force is ready for you.

When it comes to using the Force, I believe we don't, but the Force will use us. We can use the Force if the Force wills what we are attempting to do. This includes simple acts such as comforting someone when they needed to hear what we say, to great feats like lifting a ton weight car off of someone. If the Force is energy, then whenever we transfer energy we are using the Force. We can summon the Force, collecting energy around us, allowing us to overexert ourselves without strain.

When I watch the movies or shows that show the use of Force powers, like lifting something, or pushing something, I'm often considering how there seems to be so much physical strain from it. I think the point of this is that if all the power was in the mind the strain on the brain would probably kill someone quickly. Thus channeling the energy through the body is a necessity for the power not to overwhelm and kill someone trying. But then this still feels like the fantasy realm over any practical application of fact or science.

I do believe the Force to be following science and that what I believe is founded in fact over faith. I find it fun to contemplate, evaluate, and hypothesize what is real vs what is fantasy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #339679 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Use of the Force

ནའдհдཀ༑ནკ wrote: There was a post going around FB that said something to the effect that everything is energy and you can control it with the power of your mind. The gist of it being that if you wish it with intent it will happen. It had some great points and some lose ends if you ask me. When I consider the Force, I can't help but relate it to God; a being like us that we can relate to. I don't think of the Force as one being but all beings, past, present and future. The collective consciousness of everything working to preserve an existence that we can experience. The Force has a will and a plan for us. I know many don't believe in fate or destiny, but I have to believe that there is something to this. I've escaped death so many times where others don't even have a close call, they just end up dead in their first encounter. I fully believe that when it's your time it will happen, you will not cheat it. If you don't die it's cause you're not ready and only the Force knows when you are, or more appropriately, when the Force is ready for you.

When it comes to using the Force, I believe we don't, but the Force will use us. We can use the Force if the Force wills what we are attempting to do. This includes simple acts such as comforting someone when they needed to hear what we say, to great feats like lifting a ton weight car off of someone. If the Force is energy, then whenever we transfer energy we are using the Force. We can summon the Force, collecting energy around us, allowing us to overexert ourselves without strain.

When I watch the movies or shows that show the use of Force powers, like lifting something, or pushing something, I'm often considering how there seems to be so much physical strain from it. I think the point of this is that if all the power was in the mind the strain on the brain would probably kill someone quickly. Thus channeling the energy through the body is a necessity for the power not to overwhelm and kill someone trying. But then this still feels like the fantasy realm over any practical application of fact or science.

I do believe the Force to be following science and that what I believe is founded in fact over faith. I find it fun to contemplate, evaluate, and hypothesize what is real vs what is fantasy.

It is very much a fun exercise to contemplate how one might influence the Force but we, being energy of a physical form, are already influencing and manipulating energy. What people simply propose is that one manipulates physical energy without physical force. But I guarantee if I buy something on Amazon right now a robot will get activated and move some product in a warehouse. But that's not what people want. People want magic which is, by nature, unscientific. I can go to a store and make doors open without touching them. But again... that's not what people want. They want magic.

Because we want magic, when we have experiences we cannot explain our minds explain them by telling us we have a magic power. It was the belief in "Attraction" that was real big but what did it really do? It was basically a program that told your brain that if something you wanted happened that it was your mind wanting it which made it happen. If you did nothing to make it happen then you simply didn't want it to happen enough. If it happened by coincidence then confirmation bias would kick in and the person would then connect the coincidence with having a magic power.

Example: my ex thought she was using the power of attraction on parking spaces. But let's think about it. Did the power of attraction go back in time to do the work of influencing people to either leave or not park in those closer spots? Or is it more rational that people are constantly moving and going in and out of parking spaces so if YOU go at the right time then you'll get a close spot? If you want to think it's happening because of you its not going to be disproved when it does work. This is also how God works. When people pray for something does it happened because they prayed? Or does it happen because it was always going to happen or happened as a result of people's choices or activity? People then simply discredit the actual mechanics of how it happened and apply the credit for the coincidence or the choices of other people, to God such that you cannot separate the actions of God from the actions of people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #339710 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Use of the Force
Spot on Zealot.

I would use the example of non-combat sword forms, because, I like the analogies I have heard made. The sword and myself exist regardless of the Force, you can argue for being because of it, but that's not applicable because you in fact do already exist.

So you can break this down a lot, I exists, as part of the physical body existing I have to take in energy, which come form different natural tracks of energy form changing it works through the different energy to allow my body to move (sorry fast forward talk). The sword being separate from my body then acts as a tool of energy transfer as well as changing the motion or amplifying the force behind the movement. So by learning these forms I am learning how to manipulate all these forces that are both in and outside of the body. This repeated over and over becomes a process of changing energy, say you have become a master maybe the personal energy you have mentally shifts to teaching others these manipulations.

Instruments, I view very similarly, just the simple fact that you are manipulating the force of another object into an entirely different form of energy is amazing to think about. Add that with both you can apply emotions and feelings into them and well.

I would assert that those are examples of ways we in fact have manipulation of the Force "powers" as science understands to this point. There is a lot of freaky things out there though and the improbable is not the impossible. So, I will admit to being open to the possibilities of the "magic" part of the Force belief. On some level it, becomes a matter of faith beyond that. I find myself asking am I separate or a part of the Force? I find proof of both in the likely so I tend not to reach for the highly improbable to often, but I still do once in a bit. How do you mentally reach for the improbable?

Did meditating/praying the other day on the uncontrollable factors I wanted to control in group project go where I wanted it too? I don't know, I do know the situation happened, and this time I agree with the outcome more than I dislike it. And would the situation have played out the same without me involved?

Just a 5 cent ramble,
Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Kobos.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi