Cycles of Consciousness

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #338839 by
Replied by on topic Cycles of Consciousness
A concept we don't have a word for, for something just a step above imagination, "beyond imagination". The concept itself that we're trying to discover, not the action of discovering. Like... imagination forms when we discover it, I'm talking about that abstract concept of what our imagination can't conceive of, it's clearly out there, we just haven't found it yet. I always love using the term Lovecraftian for this, H.P. Lovecraft's (of Cthulhu fame) entire mythological pantheon was based on experiences that were a step beyond human comprehension. It's another very interesting take on this concept, trying to put a word or face on the experience of the unknown. I think that's why I was getting hung up on it, it's the outer limits of our human experience, the edge of our senses. We're constantly expanding it with human experience, but that line is always still there it feels like, and I guess that's the beautiful adventure in all of it. I guess that concept is the Force to me. Geez this journey is a trip.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #338842 by Carlos.Martinez3
And in growing - in my path - might just be me - but in my path the ability to leave room for the grow or even the ol “keep an extra chair for company” idea has changed and even evolved or grown new ideas I once had. I admit- each of us applies and receives differently- but isn’t that one of the beautiful things in life...when world shine not collide.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
4 years 10 months ago #338843 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Cycles of Consciousness

Dzedka wrote: A concept we don't have a word for, for something just a step above imagination, "beyond imagination". The concept itself that we're trying to discover, not the action of discovering. Like... imagination forms when we discover it, I'm talking about that abstract concept of what our imagination can't conceive of, it's clearly out there, we just haven't found it yet.

So... it's this thing that we have neither a name for, nor a conception of, nor a description of, and it is clearly "out there" (boy, is it!) yet it is entirely unclear and we cannot point at it nor even establish that "it" is anything other than complete gibberish. Are you sure you mean by "clearly" the same kind of clear-ness everyone else would? Because to me it sounds like pretentious word salad so far, not like anything clear to anyone.

I always love using the term Lovecraftian for this, H.P. Lovecraft's (of Cthulhu fame) entire mythological pantheon was based on experiences that were a step beyond human comprehension.

I have looked it up again, just to be sure, and it seems that Mr. Lovecraft was actually human. Maybe my sources are faulty, though, if you say he conceived of or comprehended things that are - at least according to you - beyond human conception or comprehension.

It's another very interesting take on this concept, trying to put a word or face on the experience of the unknown. (emphasis added)

"It" being what specifically? And what "this concept" again, I still have not the slightest clue how anyone, including yourself, can understand what you are talking about.

I think that's why I was getting hung up on it, it's the outer limits of our human experience, the edge of our senses. We're constantly expanding it with human experience, but that line is always still there it feels like, and I guess that's the beautiful adventure in all of it.

Where?

I guess that concept is the Force to me. Geez this journey is a trip.

Sure sounds like one...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #338849 by
Forgive format, I'm old-fashioned. "Are you sure you mean by "clearly" the same kind of clear-ness everyone else would?" No one's clear is the same, but I think we can all agree there's always more to learn.

I'm sorry if my language is confusing, these are new concepts of exploration and this conversation is all about finding terms to describe things we don't have words for. I do not have a clue what I'm talking about, that's precisely the problem, but also the reason for conversation, right? I'm talking about what we don't have a clue about. A bit of a paradox, confusion is kinda embedded in it, hard to avoid.

The line of human experience is you. Your line, where your senses end, the limits of your experience. It's entirely yours, different for everyone. The line that I'm trying to determine is the very edge of what we all as a species agree upon, which is an act of futility honestly but man is it fun. Like I just got a dart board.
I suck at darts, I might never get a bullseye, but man is it fun to play.

I think I've gotten to the point where I don't even understand what I'm saying, usually a good sign it's time to meditate a bit. =)

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #338853 by Gisteron

Dzedka wrote: No one's clear is the same, but I think we can all agree there's always more to learn.

Where?

I'm sorry if my language is confusing, these are new concepts of exploration and this conversation is all about finding terms to describe things we don't have words for.

I think being confusing is the sole purpose of all of this. There is literally nothing you are even talking about. If there was, you could have at least vaguely pointed in its direction by now, but it seems that you are doing your best to avoid that.

I do not have a clue what I'm talking about, that's precisely the problem, but also the reason for conversation, right?

Babbling gibberish? Yes, seems so. It sure doesn't look like it's supposed to be any kind of constructive.

I'm talking about what we don't have a clue about. A bit of a paradox, confusion is kinda embedded in it, hard to avoid.

Noone has a clue about the inner workings of the mind of God, yet most of those conversations get to be coherent at least some of the time, enough at any rate to say what the topic even is. Not so here.

The line of human experience is you. Your line, where your senses end, the limits of your experience. It's entirely yours, different for everyone.

If your computer could form an opinion on the subject, I'm sure it'd beg to differ about it being "different for everyone".

The line that I'm trying to determine is the very edge of what we all as a species agree upon, which is an act of futility honestly but man is it fun.

For everything you believe, no matter how intuitive, there exists not just someone in general, but particularly one or more person with an internet connection who either doesn't or holds the opposite and plenty more who will pretend so for their own amusement. There is literally nothing at all "we all as a species agree upon".

Bear in mind, nothing is gained through this. The IP is not a test of your wisdom, and certainly not a test of how cryptically (up to and surpassing the point of nonsensical-ness) you can speak. It doesn't look wise, or smart, or virtuous, or even just thoughtful. It only looks pretentious. Usually one would try and go in assuming there is substance to be found, but that charity is short-lived if left unjustified.

Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Gisteron.

More
4 years 10 months ago #338855 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Cycles of Consciousness

Gisteron wrote: Bear in mind, nothing is gained through this. The IP is not a test of your wisdom, and certainly not a test of how cryptically (up to and surpassing the point of nonsensical-ness) you can speak. It doesn't look wise, or smart, or virtuous, or even just thoughtful. It only looks pretentious. Usually one would try and go in assuming there is substance to be found, but that charity is short-lived if left unjustified.

While I agree about the IP, I would support people posting their thoughts for discussion, even about what they know not of provided it is not without its own coherency at the least - not everything needs to make sense to everyone reading. I would worry less what people think it looks like.... unless stated as a concern.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #338878 by
"Where?"
Everywhere.

Gibberish is only meaning yet to be discovered. Words without language, like the word "thot" for me - that is gibberish to *my* reality, not to the entirety of universal reality.

I think that's the concept I'm trying to get across, the concept of gibberish, the concept of concepts. Pretty sure we're hopscotching over the line of comprehensible thought here, it sounds Dutch to me too. Well, more Platypus than Dutch but you know what I mean. Not at all surprised we're all confused, we're literally talking about the incomprehensible. Who is a master of that?

More
4 years 10 months ago #338886 by Gisteron

Dzedka wrote: Gibberish is only meaning yet to be discovered.

No, that's false. Any number of gibberish things can be entirely meaningless, not as a matter of insufficient understanding, but in principle.

I think that's the concept I'm trying to get across, the concept of gibberish, the concept of concepts. Pretty sure we're hopscotching over the line of comprehensible thought here, it sounds Dutch to me too... Not at all surprised we're all confused, we're literally talking about the incomprehensible. Who is a master of that?

The concept of gibberish is not incomprehensible or close to incomprehensible. Neither is the concept of concepts. You are not getting to a point because there isn't one, not because you are trying to delve into any kind of realm accessible only to super-humans and not mere mortals. I presume the only reason you keep pretending like it is that sort of special is because you crave that sense of profundity or maybe pride for touching upon it. Or maybe you just want how you think it makes you look, who knows. That's why I said earlier that you are not doing yourself any favours, in any case, because at least judging by what you are saying so far, there is nothing either intellectual or spiritual about it, only smoke and mirrors, and unconvincing ones even at that... in my opinion.

More
4 years 10 months ago #338900 by Carlos.Martinez3

Adder wrote:

Gisteron wrote: Bear in mind, nothing is gained through this. The IP is not a test of your wisdom, and certainly not a test of how cryptically (up to and surpassing the point of nonsensical-ness) you can speak. It doesn't look wise, or smart, or virtuous, or even just thoughtful. It only looks pretentious. Usually one would try and go in assuming there is substance to be found, but that charity is short-lived if left unjustified.

While I agree about the IP, I would support people posting their thoughts for discussion, even about what they know not of provided it is not without its own coherency at the least - not everything needs to make sense to everyone reading. I would worry less what people think it looks like.... unless stated as a concern.

The day I realized this ^^^^^ that I don’t have to understand every one or everything .. gave me a peace that I can’t explain and gladly so lol

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
4 years 10 months ago #338915 by Gisteron

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: The day I realized ... that I don’t have to understand every one or everything .. gave me a peace that I can’t explain and gladly so lol

That's awful... You have my condolences.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi