How is rank about academics and not just a popularity contest?

More
4 years 10 months ago #338725 by Proteus
I don't fall anywhere in particular to me. Me being a knight, for me, doesn't mean I know anything more than anyone else here. It only means that I have come to care about the temple and certain kinds of responsibilities offline on a particular level that I am willing to contribute toward it in a way a knight is expected to. Otherwise, I consider myself pretty ignorant compared to most of the temple here.

I am very confused though... I can't see how whether or not you simplify things has anything to do with being worthy of knighthood? Or what me expressing a simple observation has anything to do with personal slights? Perhaps you're reading into things based on how I worded the last statement. In any case, your typical disposition tends to usually favor the same tactic that you assume I have been using on you, when it comes to you confronting others, which further confuses me. But that is neither here nor there on the topic at hand though.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #338726 by
So the question is really whether or not you feel you are worthy to be responsible for those certain kinds of responsibilities. I never said a Knight knows more, but as you said, has more responsibility according to expected behaviour of a Knight. Do you feel you have met those standards is what I am asking?

You may see how easy it is to misconstrue a statement on a post board. You mention clear and concise communication and yet your characterization of me in one in which I "generally simplify things often times". Do you think I would agree with your characterization of me? In fact I would disagree with you and so your statement becomes one of personal contention instead of discussion of the subject at hand. your statement implies that you do not do such things or that they are not typically done by others and so the statement you make that I simplify things becomes a derogatory statement. You believe that my disposition is one of a typical tactic I use in some diabolical manner. How did you come to this conclusion? Is it any different than my conclusion that you do this?

More
4 years 10 months ago #338727 by Proteus
Yes, I know you disagree, but no, it doesn't necessarily make it personal - you have made it personal. It really is just an observation and one that exists for a logical reason, not a personal one. You've done this same thing toward others... but you defend it. When it happens to you, your responses imply that it is wrong and personal. I know you'll disagree with this too, but there are numerous people in multiple ranks here who wouldn't.

I feel perfectly fine in what I have been appointed for at this temple. I have come a very long way in my growth as a human being and I have accomplished plenty both for the temple and in my own life. I am content to also say I have a great deal to continue to learn, from everyone around me, just as I always have. Could you explain how this is relevant to whether or not rank is a popularity contest?

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion

The Book of Proteus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neaj Pa Bol, Alexandre Orion, Carlos.Martinez3

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #338753 by
Well I would say at a minimum the hypocrisy is rife then. If you cant even see the comment as a personal attack designed to discredit my argument then I have little more for you.This thread has proven its point.

More
4 years 10 months ago #338757 by Proteus

This thread has proven its point.

Oh... so this thread IS a grandstand for you then... I see...
At one point, I almost thought it was actually meant as a genuine discussion. You almost got me, there.

Also, since you mentioned it, I suppose it is necessary here to point out that there is a difference between hypocrisy and simply letting someone taste their own medicine so they have the chance to become aware of how they make others here feel when they actually Are just trying to have a genuine discussion. Especially newcomers. It isn't right is it? The other person comes off as elitist in their position don't they? I hope you can remember this going forward here. Because when you are out to simply discredit others' views of things, they also will have little more for you in the same way.

― Bruce Lee

House of Orion

The Book of Proteus

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #338758 by

Proteus wrote:

This thread has proven its point.

Oh... so this thread IS a grandstand for you then... I see...
At one point, I almost thought it was actually meant as a genuine discussion. You almost got me, there.

Also, since you mentioned it, I suppose it is necessary here to point out that there is a difference between hypocrisy and simply letting someone taste their own medicine so they have the chance to become aware of how they make others here feel when they actually Are just trying to have a genuine discussion. Especially newcomers. It isn't right is it? The other person comes off as elitist in their position don't they? I hope you can remember this going forward here. Because when you are out to simply discredit others' views of things, they also will have little more for you in the same way.

Ahh, the famous argument from assertion followed by the declaration of victory. Lets see how many fallacies Proteus can put in one paragraph!

Attachment index_2019-05-23.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
4 years 10 months ago #338760 by Proteus
I'm not sure if it's worth falling back on calling fallacy on something that you literally proved my point on in front of everyone watching here including yourself. But you're free to have your self-soothing by doing so. I won't judge (I do that too sometimes).

― Bruce Lee

House of Orion

The Book of Proteus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #338762 by

Proteus wrote: I'm not sure if it's worth falling back on calling fallacy on something that you literally proved my point on in front of everyone watching here including yourself. But you're free to have your self-soothing by doing so. I won't judge (I do that too sometimes).

Oh goody more unfounded assertions without any evidence or explanation. Keep it up!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 10 months ago #338781 by
Using this site almost exclusively on my phone in Mobile mode I don't even see rank bars next to User posts.

But I make sure to go into Desktop mode on every post I read from a User I don't recognize. That way I find out what their rank is so I know if I should take them seriously or not. :P

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi