Discussion about discussion

More
4 years 11 months ago #337802 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Discussion about discussion

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I am so glad you have said this. I think its a brilliant suggestion. It is an area I have always felt is deficient in the temple and one I used to bring up during my time as an apprentice. It seems that achieving rank is closely associated with also disappearing behind the veil of the privileged boards. This is something I have never understood about this place. The complaint is commonly made that this temple fails in its charge to be a safe place for Jedi to come and speak on various subjects. Well I ask, who are the defenders of this safe place but the clergy and the knights!

Don't worry, its an illusion you've seemingly built up as being bigger then it is.... and so I am curious as to why? But perhaps reply in PM as its not really the point of the thread.

I say that (and post here) because not much discussion happens in those areas, for they are working areas where little happens beyond what needs to happen for those particular ranks.... so firstly there "shouldn't" be any anecdotal evidence point to it. And funnily enough, secondly, if those areas actually were active discussion areas then there would be no complaining about the Temple not being a safe space - just because those safe spaces would therefore necessarily exist within those privileged areas! So the fact that people complain about it is wholly because most all the activity is not hidden on privileged boards.

So if there is anecdotal evidence to it, it might be easy to fix! That way you, and others, don't have to worry that your missing out on anything or that anyone takes the rank anymore seriously then you might. Let me know.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #337813 by
Replied by on topic Discussion about discussion
Nothing to discuss. The evidence is obvious. How many clergy and knights are here? How many post regularly on the open boards in any section besides intros?

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #337815 by Adder

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Nothing to discuss. The evidence is obvious. How many clergy and knights are here? How many post regularly on the open boards in any section besides intros?

But that doesn't mean they are posting somewhere else on these forums necessarily.
And AFAIK its because they'd rather post in the open boards, but choose not to for some other reason/s.
Do you have any other anecdotal evidence?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #337821 by
Yes, remember I have been on the other side of some of those boards and i see what goes on there. There was even a successful petition by the knights to hide the jediism board from public view. A board that was once open to all.

More
4 years 11 months ago #337822 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Yes, remember I have been on the other side of some of those boards and i see what goes on there. There was even a successful petition by the knights to hide the jediism board from public view. A board that was once open to all.

I don’t think hidden is the right word. Discussions have levels as well don't you think? Some subjects can ( not always) but can require a bit ... more from some. Some people and some discussion can be requested to be a bit more - matured in content. The old saying - eventually there is a time to put away childish things...but then again - what one finds childish or immature can be different to every one.
Some discussions can be open to all but at some point, I find myself longing to talk to other people than my 6 year old. Don’t get me wrong I love the kid to death - but I can’t relay a lot to him yet about certain subject... not yet !
Do you think some discussions can have maturity levels as well? Or content levels ? Doesn’t that stag after a while when ya can’t level up? In gaming you get to the point where you level up and memorize everything and it’s time to go further or get a heavier game?

Shinobi on NES in my day was fun and took for ever-I had bits of time and homework ( which I rarely did) now - i memba and forget things but it’s still fun. Shinobi on ps2 when I was deployed was a month of my life I enjoyed as well but waaaay different as was I. Some times I want steak, some times I want a crappy burger from the bowling ally. Why not for the sake of choice - give those choices? Maybe have - different sections ... one for open everyone one for the Temple itself inside.??? Just a thought - one for meat one for taters ... one general one private. Like I said just a thought .

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #337824 by
Hello carlos,

I am not trying to stir trouble here. I would have been perfectly happy to move on but I was asked a direct question and so I responded and the result has generated conversation so I want to address your comments in a fair way.

I understand your point. And i see the need for hidden or private or whatever you want to call them boards. My comment was not about that, it was about the lack of participation by clergy and knights on the open boards to help defend and guide. I think we both agree on that point.

However the conversation is now about the nature of hidden boards and not participation, something I'm not willing to get into save for one question. Do you consider a guest as stereotypically less capable of evolved conversations than a member? Or a member less capable of evolved conversations than an apprentice? You see we are not just meat or potatoes. That is stereotyping. We are all both and much more. I just wonder why it seems you would try and classify each of us so simply just because of a rank?
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by .

More
4 years 11 months ago #337826 by Carlos.Martinez3
Thanks Kyrin - no beef here at all. I actually like discussion about discussion - hence the post .
Rank and titles seems to be the subject of many all the time. To me it’s not about these ranks or titles - it’s access. Some want to know about the vote s who votes why where and what was said and all the juicy gossip in between. Some things just are not that important - to some it may but for the most part to me they are not. Participation is difficult - reminds me of the story of money - some have pennies some have gold - which was given with the most sacrifice ?? Intention and things like that are hard to gauge from some one else’s standards. When thinking about places like here - I got a student that to other TM s and other members standards is rarely present. Yet - I see the student more active in real life than on line. To me and that student - their presence isn’t as much a factor to their path as would some. I will rarely give excuses or reasons for any one else besides me - I can’t - but I will say this - one post a day vs one a month vs one a year can all equal 100 percent faithfulness to this place regardless of how I feel or how I think it “ should” be. Meat and potatoes is just a saying and I do apologize if you took offense - defiantly not the intention. Any one can have any type of conversation they like - when it comes to private conversations or more mature conversations - discussions - it’s natural to want to be a part. Every one wants to be in on things - not wrong but some things - are not that important.

Discussion - direct levels and different access here on the site. Rank - and titles - give you access.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
4 years 11 months ago #337834 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Discussion about discussion
Very oddly, some of the people who have been pushing for a more closed up totjo have also accused it of being a cult. Yet it is by reducing or carefully selecting the available information that one can manipulate another.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 11 months ago #337837 by Adder
I find myself wanting to resort to laughing emoticons at this forum more and more recently. The framing of arguments based on mis-truths for the purposes of propping up the appearance of truth and to reinforce an arguments position is not really something I really attribute to the Jedi path.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
4 years 11 months ago #337840 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Discussion about discussion
What's the 'mistruth'?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi