My belief system

More
16 Apr 2019 15:30 #337253 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic My belief system

Lenny C wrote: My belief system helps with coping with my mental health issues. Without it I would not be strong enough to be able to live a so called normal life.
I’m not telling anyone to believe I’m what I believe. Everyone has a individual life and beliefs, some are christian, some Muslim and some the force. If it helps in life by what you believe, then you have the right to say this is my belief system that gets me through everyday life.


Yes
As a human beings we are born into things like location and often religion. Two of a few things we don’t have control of at birth over. As we grow and learn we can choose to stay and learn or seek. I thank you again and remind others - we can choose our own faith from where ever and even how ever. I myself, often find strength and peace in people who are no longer here and some “make believe “ characters like Icarus and Hercules Zeus Porthos Peter Pan Frodo Horton the Elephant ... the list goes on and on and on.... you get the point. Sometimes finding what we need from a story told by fire or from a book or from one another is what being human can be... glad to see you here and I hope if you ever feel the need - reach out. My inbox is always open. May the Force be with you

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, ZealotX
The topic has been locked.
More
16 Apr 2019 15:36 #337254 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Replied by Kyrin Wyldstar on topic My belief system

Lenny C wrote: If you do a bit of research the djedi of Egypt where preists who wore cloaks and help guard the pharaoh’s.


You keep asserting this but have yet to provide one reliable source to back this up. What is your source material for this claim? Is it the article that you apparently cut and pasted from the internet?

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
The topic has been locked.
More
16 Apr 2019 15:45 - 16 Apr 2019 15:52 #337255 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Replied by Kyrin Wyldstar on topic My belief system

ZealotX wrote: sorry, but did you not read what I said?

Now if she was dancing with poisonous snakes or something like that then yeah... at that point the belief wouldn't be worth the danger. But being wrong about something you profess to believe in (not to know) isn't criminal or automatically harmful. And if it is more help than harm then it is a net positive.

so my logic doesn't include radical islam which is different from non-radical Islam. BOTH of them include errors, lies, deceits, etc.

...just like Judaism. (How many people did Moses kill?)

The truth is that Muslims would have to kill millions more people just to catch up to the loss of life caused intentionally by Christianity during the Crusades and Inquisitions.

But we accept those who practice Christianity within Jediism. The OP isn't claiming any such harmful narrative. He isn't claiming the Force is talking to him through the ancient Djedi, telling him that the infidels must die. So there's no need to equate the two very different things.

Every religion can claim some kind of history. However, that account of history isn't perfect and cannot be completely proven. Even in SW there is the canon and the non-canon EU. And in the canon and EU there are stories of lost religion and people like Han Solo who doubt the existence of the Force or even the Jedi. So we can talk about the Force, light sabers, whatever we want to, as long as we're not suggesting to people what they have to believe or pass off our own beliefs as truth.


Yes I read what you wrote and I disagree with it. What is harmful? How do you define it? Harmful is obviously flying a plane into a building full of people, but isn't it just as harmful to live in fear of eternal torture, or to live a life of delusion based on faith? How many of those misplaced beliefs turned into something bad? Science says that race is a social construct only, but faith says that we are black and white and Arab and Jewish. Faith says that women are inferior to men and that Christians are infidels. Christians say that Muslims are heretics and both kill each other by the thousands over the centuries to prove their point and their faith in their God. Christians call their bible infallible but that same bible endorses slavery and genocide. Who is to say that one day Christians might decide they need to return to a more pure interpretation of the bible and embrace those concepts. The Muslims have and as a result lost an unquantifiable amount of knowledge. Dont you think its better to get rid of false belief than let it fester in the darkness waiting to damage the psyche or worse yet maim and kill and enslave and let superstition reign over knowledge?

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
Last edit: 16 Apr 2019 15:52 by Kyrin Wyldstar.
The topic has been locked.
More
16 Apr 2019 15:56 #337256 by Lenny C
Replied by Lenny C on topic My belief system
www.djedet.com/ladyjedi.php
Some information can be found here.
Some of you seem to be trying to debunk what I believe, but have retaliated by commenting or even asking your belief or faith. This thread was just about a belief system I have ,that helps me day to day. If it is fictional then so be it. But some believe in merlin and King Arthur, some believe in books. Some make there own religions. But saying your wrong to believe in a certain way is wrong. We all have free will and if you believe in something that harms no one then what harm can be from a there faith.
Faith is asking a certain god, power or even chi for help when needed. So believing in something that gives comfort in every day life. Who has the right to mock that persons beliefs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, ZealotX, Ambert The Traveller
The topic has been locked.
More
16 Apr 2019 16:17 #337257 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Replied by Kyrin Wyldstar on topic My belief system

Lenny C wrote: www.djedet.com/ladyjedi.php
Some information can be found here.
Some of you seem to be trying to debunk what I believe, but have retaliated by commenting or even asking your belief or faith. This thread was just about a belief system I have ,that helps me day to day. If it is fictional then so be it. But some believe in merlin and King Arthur, some believe in books. Some make there own religions. But saying your wrong to believe in a certain way is wrong. We all have free will and if you believe in something that harms no one then what harm can be from a there faith.
Faith is asking a certain god, power or even chi for help when needed. So believing in something that gives comfort in every day life. Who has the right to mock that persons beliefs.


yes I have seen that page and it is hardly a reliable source. It is a web hosting site that has a side text and the main entry you cite is actually annotated with an unknown source. Faith is not asking a divine entity for help, it is actually just an unreliable means to discern truth. Using faith we can makeup anything and it is unfalsifiable. I could claim that my God gave me a divine decree through faith to slaughter puppies just as easily as you making the claim about this false history. So given this disparity in belief how can we ever come to a common ground to discuss anything if we cant base our discussions on something more solid than faith and belief? You post this here as a belief system but there is no grounds to discuss it outside of a fantasy context. It does not even have any innate wisdom in which to get our teeth into. Besides that you still have not answered the question as to whether you copied and pasted this from the internet?

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
The topic has been locked.
More
16 Apr 2019 16:18 #337258 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic My belief system

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Yes I read what you wrote and I disagree with it. What is harmful? How do you define it? Harmful is obviously flying a plane into a building full of people, but isn't it just as harmful to live in fear of eternal torture, or to live a life of delusion based on faith? How many of those misplaced beliefs turned into something bad? Science says that race is a social construct only, but faith says that we are black and white and Arab and Jewish. Faith says that women are inferior to men and that Christians are infidels. Christians say that Muslims are heretics and both kill each other by the thousands over the centuries to prove their point. Christians call their bible infallible but that same bible enforces slavery and genocide. Who is to day that one day Christians might decide they need to return to a more pure interpretation of the bible and embrace those concepts. Don't you think its better to get rid of false belief than let it fester in the darkness waiting to damage the psyche or worse yet maim and kill and enslave?


Right, so if flying a plane into a building is harmful the obviously it becomes something worth opposing (in my view). And I used my mother as an example for a reason; to keep my cold hard logic in check as well as to keep a more human face on belief. Please consider "The Matrix" and how difficult it was to wake older minds. Consider that beliefs are kind of like mental programs that people accept. She's an elderly widow. She's part of the Matrix but she's not an agent and she's not about to carry out the next purge. It was her faith that helped her deal with the emotional catastrophic loss of her husband, not science, not strict adherence to the truth. Her faith made her feel better and feelings matter. Additionally, as a program you cannot assume that religion will affect each person the same way. In my experience it absolutely depends on the character of the believer, what they will put into and take out of their faith. It's just like seeing different things in the clouds or getting a different feel for a painting. There is no one way that humans must approach life or get through life's challenges. If there was, someone else would have decided that it was not Jediism.

The key in what you said is "misplaced beliefs", but "turning into something bad" betrays your fear and fear leads to the dark side. Why? Because if we react to fear by attacking that which we're afraid of, then maybe we're actually helping what we fear come to pass or at least manifest in some way. What if Lenny had such a bad experience being "corrected" by Jedi that it soured him on the whole site and all the positive people he could have interacted with? We are all, part of his belief system and we can either be harmful elements and destructive or we can be positive and supportive. What we're really afraid of is people. The ideas that some religions advance are mainly ideas that manipulate people to do something (like fork over 10% of their income). However, all religions are not equal and aren't not all designed to benefit a certain class of "chosen" people.

And come on... we are the "temple of the Jedi Order". Is there anyone that can pretend that our name doesn't come from the fictional realm? So to judge "other fiction" is simply to say that I sanction this fiction over here but not that fiction over there. The only words we're not borrowing from other religions linked to fairy tales and fantasy are the words "of" and "the".

When it comes to slavery and racism, trust me, I hear you. But we can't win by going to war with every religion. You can't simply rid someone of their beliefs through logic. I've tried. At some point thesis and antithesis must become synthesis. If a person is pulling things from history and the SW universe and synthesizing them into something positive then what's the problem? Should no one be inspired by Star Wars because its not a true story? The religions that are dangerous aren't so because they have bad research. They're dangerous because one or more humans claimed to do bad things because God told them to. THAT... is 100% of the problem. Many ancient cultures used gods and goddess to represent elements of nature but they didn't think they were real or that they were telling them to kill each other. I understand where you're coming from but I think you're seeing the problem too broadly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos
The topic has been locked.
More
16 Apr 2019 16:27 #337259 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic My belief system

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: So given this disparity in belief how can we ever come to a common ground to discuss anything if we cant base our discussions on something more solid than faith and belief? You post this here as a belief system but there is no grounds to discuss it outside of a fantasy context. It does not even have any innate wisdom in which to get our teeth into. Besides that you still have not answered the question as to whether you copied and pasted this from the internet?


I find this so ironic because what brought us all together to this site isn't something we all know to be true and historically accurate but rather the opposite. It was something imagined, made up, something between science fiction and fantasy. And the innate wisdom doesn't necessarily come from the history or backstory of a religion but rather how the teachings represented are applied to life. But I would imagine that his wisdom is drawn from the same source that mine is (Jedi philosophy) which I think is kinda the point of the whole site. In piecing together this history, Lenny is simply adding, for his own benefit, a backstory. That's no different to me than how I think about Anakin, Luke, and Yoda. They don't have to be real to learn from them. And they certain aren't corroborated by a credible source.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos
The topic has been locked.
More
16 Apr 2019 16:29 #337260 by Lenny C
Replied by Lenny C on topic My belief system
Yes I copied and pasted. But I believed in what was written from an early age. So this was the simplest way of saying what I believe in. If you read in introduction forum it has a small biography for myself. Basically i was researching when I was young and was reading greek mythology and that type of books. Including ancient Egypt, but when I was in hospital I was with a lady from Egypt and we where talking about faith. I told here mine when she mentioned djedi. So since then I have researched djedi. But even if all my research is false it is still a belief system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, ZealotX, Ambert The Traveller
The topic has been locked.
More
16 Apr 2019 16:35 #337261 by Lenny C
Replied by Lenny C on topic My belief system
Kyrin Wyldstar Is there a problem with copying the easiest simplest version I could find and copying it on what I believe. Its like your mindset is hell bent on proving its false ,you mention other religions as false. So do you look at life as real is real and has to be fact or do look at life open minded.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, ZealotX
The topic has been locked.
More
16 Apr 2019 16:52 #337262 by Lenny C
Replied by Lenny C on topic My belief system
Kyrin sorry for being a bit abrupt with you. Your belief and faith is a personal one. As is mine . but with communication we can agree we both believe in the force as do others on this website. Some people probably have there own version of there force beliefs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, ZealotX, Ambert The Traveller
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: KobosBrick