What should A country Spend Its Budget On?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336517 by
That would be awesome! Hope they don't prove the world is flat though!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336518 by

Captain Tyro wrote: After Seeing the conversation in the open dicussions topic U.S. Universal Healthcare , I was interested in learning what members of the Temple feel a nation SHOULD spend its national budget on. This is not strictly all about the USA although I do understand many members are from that particular nation and will talk about it, but whatever country you're talking about be sure to highlight it as different nations have different policies. Standard forum rules apply so don't be a dick to anyone, understand that any "excessive patriotism" won't get you anywhere, and try to see any complaints and counter arguments made against you from the POV of the Individual saying them. Talk about whatever sectors you think the government should spend it's budget on, but in case your clueless some of the main departments that you can talk about include:
1. The military and Intelligence Agencies (CIA, MI6, KSA etc). Includes all branches such as airforce, navy, marines and nuke programs.
2. The Medical Industry, although most of the points were previously highlighted in U.S. Universal Healthcare .
3. The Education Sector and all it's levels, from primary up to teritary Education.
4. The environmental Sector, including national parks, litter policies, farming etc.
5. The energy Sector and all types of power generation and transportation of power to the people.
6. The Social Security Sector, including paying unemployment rates, labour markets and goverment debts.
7. The Cyber Industry, basically anything to do with the Internet.
Those are some of the main groups, but if you can give a good reason for it, go ahead! I look forward to hearing your responses :cheer:

To give a more serious response, if I could set a national budget, working from this list for simplicity sake, I would order it thus:
3, 2, 5, 4, 6, 7, and finally, 1. 3 and 2 were a tough choice for me, both being things I would highly prioritize. same goes for 5 and 4, but, I also wouldn't be interested in leaning into any one thing too far; overfunding one area means underfunding the rest, and that just creates new problems, in addition to exacerbating preexisting ones. That's just my opinion, though. I suppose if facing a crisis related to a given area, I'd temporarily prioritize it, but on an "as needed" basis.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi