What should A country Spend Its Budget On?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 day ago #336410 by
After Seeing the conversation in the open dicussions topic U.S. Universal Healthcare , I was interested in learning what members of the Temple feel a nation SHOULD spend its national budget on. This is not strictly all about the USA although I do understand many members are from that particular nation and will talk about it, but whatever country you're talking about be sure to highlight it as different nations have different policies. Standard forum rules apply so don't be a dick to anyone, understand that any "excessive patriotism" won't get you anywhere, and try to see any complaints and counter arguments made against you from the POV of the Individual saying them. Talk about whatever sectors you think the government should spend it's budget on, but in case your clueless some of the main departments that you can talk about include:
1. The military and Intelligence Agencies (CIA, MI6, KSA etc). Includes all branches such as airforce, navy, marines and nuke programs.
2. The Medical Industry, although most of the points were previously highlighted in U.S. Universal Healthcare .
3. The Education Sector and all it's levels, from primary up to teritary Education.
4. The environmental Sector, including national parks, litter policies, farming etc.
5. The energy Sector and all types of power generation and transportation of power to the people.
6. The Social Security Sector, including paying unemployment rates, labour markets and goverment debts.
7. The Cyber Industry, basically anything to do with the Internet.
Those are some of the main groups, but if you can give a good reason for it, go ahead! I look forward to hearing your responses :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 day ago #336477 by Manu
Pizza. The answer is always pizza.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
5 years 1 day ago #336493 by Zenith Felwood
But I want a wall. Lets build a great big wall. and umm Manu will pay for it ^-^

More
5 years 1 day ago - 5 years 1 day ago #336496 by Adder
Having a purpose gives a frame things can be ordered within. So probably Space... first in best dressed. Depends on priorities though. A nation is going to be focused on survival longer term then say a family worrying about a roof over their head and steady supply of food. If a nation is too busy worrying about trying to meet everybodies needs then its going to fail, because needs change faster then the establishment can change to meet them. So with one main focus, everything that focus needs can fall into frame, and priorities be attributed.

Space though is a bit of a fools errand, required eventually but a hard road to take.... so more practically priorities tend to be about progress in all areas if I had to guess. Conservation of momentum with reformatting of systems to try and accelerate in a homogeneous manner under the pressures of internal population growth, declining resources and international competition. Progressive yet conservative :silly:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 5 years 1 day ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 day ago #336499 by

Zenith Felwood wrote: But I want a wall. Lets build a great big wall. and umm Manu will pay for it ^-^

Oh that is so racist! :laugh: :P :silly:

More
5 years 1 day ago #336502 by Manu

Zenith Felwood wrote: But I want a wall. Lets build a great big wall. and umm Manu will pay for it ^-^

Sure. Let the LatinAmerican pay the wall. :-p

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
5 years 1 day ago #336511 by Rex
US budgetary proposals are accessible by the public if you want an idea

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 day ago #336512 by

Manu wrote:

Sure. Let the LatinAmerican pay the wall. :-p

No, wait, that's perfect, manu! Because then, you can go ahead and steal as much of the wall, mid construction, as you want, do whatever you want with it, and if anyone tries to complain, you can just say, "Hey, I PAID for this shit, so I get to decide what we're doin' with it!" XD

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 day ago - 5 years 1 day ago #336515 by
So it seems a done deal that part of the budget should be spent on a giant wall in Latin america! I want to further this to suggest a major portion of the budget should be spent on space Marines!
Last edit: 5 years 1 day ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 day ago #336516 by
Let's genetically engineer some gorillas and kangaroos, to survive in antarctica, colonize antarctica, and than grant it independance, renaming it "The Commonwealth of Hoth".

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi