Discussing ideas, not people

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #336385 by OB1Shinobi

Arisaig wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Arisaig wrote: All of them... for the algebra problem. This is a false equivalency fallacy.

You say “false equivalency” and i say “allegory”.

Im pretty sure youre thinking of you and Kyrin when reading these posts. Im thinking of culture in general.

I've said this multiple times and this is bordering on harassment.

I WAS TALKING TO YOU. I was not talking to, nor thinking about, a person I was NOT talking to. Stop drawing this damn imaginary line between myself and Kyrin.

It serves as nothing more than to belittle my entire opinion and identity down to nothing.
I've told you this before. Last warning.

I countered your opinion logically but you seem to have missed it because i said Kyrin’s name to you and you freaked the *** out lol. Doesnt help your case about the “imaginary line”, does it? May as well scream “I AM NOT ANGRY, GOD DAMMIT!!

People are complicated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336387 by
Replied by on topic Discussing ideas, not people

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Arisaig wrote: All of them... for the algebra problem. This is a false equivalency fallacy.

You say “false equivalency” and i say “allegory”.

Im pretty sure youre thinking of you and Kyrin when reading these posts. Im thinking of culture in general.

I've said this multiple times and this is bordering on harassment.

I WAS TALKING TO YOU. I was not talking to, nor thinking about, a person I was NOT talking to. Stop drawing this damn imaginary line between myself and Kyrin.

It serves as nothing more than to belittle my entire opinion and identity down to nothing.
I've told you this before. Last warning.

I countered your opinion logically but you seem to have missed it because i said Kyrin’s name to you and you freaked the *** out lol. Doesnt help your case about the “imaginary line”, does it? May as well scream “I AM NOT ANGRY, GOD DAMMIT!!

I have no interest in opinions when they're headed by belittlement.

And you're wrong. I am angry. I'm damn tired of this imagined connection to someone that hates my guts simply because of my choice in tm.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #336388 by OB1Shinobi
Is that why you two bicker all the time; Kyrin hates you because you chose Zenchi as your TM?

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336389 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: Is that why you two bicker all the time; Kyrin hates you because you chose Zenchi as your TM?

We're not discussing that here... Incredibly off topic.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #336390 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Discussing ideas, not people
The balance between equanimity and mindfulness is an interesting one, especially when trying to develop an experience of a persistent and functional 'luminous mind'. In some regards it requires a degree of trust that intention is good for people to make mistakes and grow without being marginalized, because its just that trust which is why abuse and the culture of 'harden up snowflake' is probably not appropriate for a religious space. That said, all monks should know how to fight when needed and that is only possible with training. Perhaps we need a dedicated verbal sparring area, so the rest can be gawd forbid I say safe, but rather calmer.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #336391 by OB1Shinobi

Arisaig wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: Is that why you two bicker all the time; Kyrin hates you because you chose Zenchi as your TM?

We're not discussing that here... Incredibly off topic.

I mean, you are the one who brought it up....?

People are complicated.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #336392 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Discussing ideas, not people
Ooo crime of passion. Kyrin was in fact feeling jealousy all this time!:laugh:

Which is worse? Dismissing an idea because it comes from a distrusted person, or accepting an idea because it comes from a trusted person?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #336393 by OB1Shinobi

ren wrote: Which is worse? Dismissing an idea because it comes from a distrusted person, or accepting an idea because it comes from a trusted person?

I feel like this line perfectly describes today’s political landscape.

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ren

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #336394 by Rosalyn J
Well, and this is where I like "ideas not people" because I can look at something from someone I do not necessarily like and see the merits of it.

I think its harder to dismiss something I do like from a source I do trust, but that ends up being untrue.

It takes practice and I am yet learning

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336395 by

That's one of the funniest things I have ever read! Not only because it is incredibly inaccurate but also because I hate no one. I didnt even know who zenchi was before he started stalking me. Soon after he recruited his crew as well and the result was well... mostly ancient history. The jedi were the aggressors just like before when they went after the original remains of the Je'daii order, only this time the je'daii will not be so easily defeated.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi