Discussing ideas, not people

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago #336419 by
Replied by on topic Discussing ideas, not people

Williamkaede wrote: If you can't be better than this, then there's some serious work to do.

You have definitely gotten that right! If you have a senior member of council telling you something is true and you still deny it as false just to attack another member on this board, well... my mission as a Ranger continues.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #336420 by Proteus

Arisaig wrote: He is still a Knight, still about, and still twice the jedi most can hope to be. It's not and insult, it's a fact.

In the end, Kyrin, you are wrong about this.
Accept it.

Ari, um, that's actually an opinion. I know you respect him as he is your TM, (everyone knows how much I look up to mine), but I'm not sure that declaring such things like that around here is going to come off very fair or mature toward others. I'm just trying to give you a suggestion of awareness.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #336421 by Proteus

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Williamkaede wrote: If you can't be better than this, then there's some serious work to do.

You have definitely gotten that right! If you have a senior member of council telling you something is true and you still deny it as false just to attack another member on this board, well... my mission as a Ranger continues.

As far as the continuing social pattern I've seen thus far, as long as you have this so-called mission, you're probably not going to come off any more convincing or successful than the people you are pinning your mission on.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago #336422 by
My comment wasn't remotely restricted to Arisaig or even written with him in mind. I've seen quite a few people come and go from here and it doesn't seem to be doing the quality of this Order any favours. The linked thread has quite a few names on it I'm sad to see have left. I'd be quite interested in knowing what schism TOTJO has been through this time and what site they've joined.

Incidentally - what exactly do you seek through all your instigating?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago #336423 by

Proteus wrote:

Arisaig wrote: He is still a Knight, still about, and still twice the jedi most can hope to be. It's not and insult, it's a fact.

In the end, Kyrin, you are wrong about this.
Accept it.

Ari, um, that's actually an opinion. I know you respect him as he is your TM, (everyone knows how much I look up to mine), but I'm not sure that declaring such things like that around here is going to come off very fair or mature toward others. I'm just trying to give you a suggestion of awareness.

Fairness has nothing to do with it, when the person that I have to defend against won't hesitate to stoop to unfairness themselves. Yes, my view is biased, but it doesn't make it wrong.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago #336424 by

Proteus wrote: As far as the continuing social pattern I've seen thus far, as long as you have this so-called mission, you're probably not going to come off any more convincing or successful than the people you are pinning your mission on.

Its not a social pattern. Its a defensive posture that I have been forced to undertake. As for my "mission" it is not pinned to anyone. Its the pursuit of truth. I have said this many many times before. Thats all it is. I think its an honest mission and a fair one. Do you see it differently?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago #336425 by
I don't think he was saying you're wrong. I think he was saying that the verbage and phrasing was off putting and might come off as, as he put it, immature towards others. Not saying anyone's right or wrong, just saying what I see in this. And I see two differing view points as the focus that can't seem to get along, which saddens me whenever I see two+ people who are very passionate about their beliefs. Can't we all at least try to get alone and see the other side of the fence?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago #336426 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Proteus wrote: As far as the continuing social pattern I've seen thus far, as long as you have this so-called mission, you're probably not going to come off any more convincing or successful than the people you are pinning your mission on.

Its not a social pattern. Its a defensive posture that I have been forced to undertake. As for my "mission" it is not pinned to anyone. Its the pursuit of truth. I have said this many many times before. Thats all it is. I think its an honest mission and a fair one. Do you see it differently?

In the short time I've come back this time I haven't seen you do much more than clash with others. Is this part of your mission?

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #336427 by Rosalyn J
Our "missions" in a general sense are derived from how we see the world and or how we see the spaces we occuppy, something I like to call narratives.

To an individual with only a hammer, everything is a nail

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Neaj Pa Bol, ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago #336428 by

Williamkaede wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

In the short time I've come back this time I haven't seen you do much more than clash with others. Is this part of your mission?

Im afraid you are going to have to be more specific? What do you mean by "clash"?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi