Discussing ideas, not people

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago #336398 by
Replied by on topic Discussing ideas, not people
I'm new, so what is a tm and Zenchi? I'm a little confused and would like some clarity for sake of curiosity if I may ask for it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #336399 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Discussing ideas, not people

FollowerOfDeimos wrote: I'm new, so what is a tm and Zenchi? I'm a little confused and would like some clarity for sake of curiosity if I may ask for it.

TM = Teaching Master, a Knight who is in the role of teaching an Apprentice.

Zenchi = cool guy. Lots of attitude. Awesome drawing skills.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #336400 by

FollowerOfDeimos wrote: I'm new, so what is a tm and Zenchi? I'm a little confused and would like some clarity for sake of curiosity if I may ask for it.

TM stands for Training Mentor. A knight that partners with an apprentice to teach them until knighthood. A zenchi was a knight here at one time. Although he was excommunicated for various offenses.
Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago #336404 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

TM stands for Training Mentor. A knight that partners with an apprentice to teach them until knighthood. A zenchi was a knight here at one time. Although he was excommunicated for various offenses.

He's still a Knight, was never excommunicated, and is twice the Jedi any of us will he.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago #336405 by
Thanks for the clarification my fellow Jedi.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #336406 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Discussing ideas, not people
I think people normally talk about 'constructive' and 'deconstructive' input in regards to conversations, but I think these terms are best applied to processes rather then dialogue. Instead I think different measures work better, being 'limiting' versus 'freeing' are better ways to understand contributions to dialogue... in the talking about how to promote conversation.

So then the measure of openness being about creating an environment of participation, analogous perhaps to freeing being opening, and limiting being closing down.

Often someone can close down a dialogue by making assertions or judgements about things, and then even defend them rightly as constructive! But I think that is just reinforcing their own processing (where 'constructive' has more meaning) rather then actually being constructive in the context of furthering dialog. But I'm all for reductionist thought and analytical thinking, but doing it in a freeing way might be the ideal balance.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #336414 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Discussing ideas, not people

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

He's still a Knight, was never excommunicated, and is twice the Jedi any of us will he.

He was excommunicated, and there's no need to insult everyone else to prop him up arisaig.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #336416 by

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/121686-stuff-n-things-or-how-to-get-excommunicated-and-not-even-know-why-lol?start=0
Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago #336417 by
Didn't insult anyone. However, he is not excommunicated, nor was the proposed excommunication carried out. He is still a Knight, still about, and still twice the jedi most can hope to be. It's not and insult, it's a fact.

In the end, Kyrin, you are wrong about this.
Accept it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 weeks ago #336418 by
Well that thread is a good ol' fashioned dumpster fire. I'm surprised it still stands.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure this thread isn't being constructive anymore, which is a shame because it had a bloody good point to make that. Folks've definitely come back to personal drama when the point of the thread was to talk about not resorting to personal attacks when having a discussion of ideas.

You are, or at the very least, are trying to be,Jedi. Come on. If you can't be better than this, then there's some serious work to do.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi