You can't always get what you want ...

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #335589 by Br. John
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need

~ Keith Richards / Mick Jagger

I presented this to someone and they don't know what it means. Would anyone like to help them?

Founder of The Order
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #335590 by

Br. John wrote: You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need

~ Keith Richards / Mick Jagger

I presented this to someone and they don't know what it means. Would anyone like to help them?

So you can't answer me? You send me this outta nowhere, and when I ask you to go into it, after hours of waiting, you make a thread about it?

Do you even know what it means? Are you unable to use your own words and need someone else to speak for you?

You initiated a PM with ME(despite the fact we NEVER talk), and you don't respond, instead opting to make me out to be an idiot in a public forum because i can't descry your cryptic meaning behind randomly sending me rock and roll lyrics?

Yeah, no one knew it was directed at me. But what do you have to gain by making this a public thread? Nothing, besides slapping me in the face. For shame!
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by .
  • ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #335593 by ren
What you need and what you want are two separate, often opposite things.

Arisaig, when kyrin makes this type of post, you call it unacceptable. Did you change your mind about what's acceptable or is it only OK when a knight does it?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #335594 by

ren wrote: What you need and what you want are two separate, often opposite things.

Arisaig, when kyrin makes this type of post, you call it unacceptable. Did you change your mind about what's acceptable or is it only OK when a knight does it?

I never said this was acceptable. In fact, i highly believe it isn't.... as my initial post on this thread shows.

Don't make this about Kyrin. Kyrin is not involved in this thread.
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #335595 by Tobias
Wow, Arisaig, you seem to be really angry. Are you sure, Br. John was trying to hurt you? Were you, Br. John?

You must unlearn what you have learned.

Teaching Master: Rosalyn J
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #335596 by
In fact, lets make this official.

Mods, I want this thread moved to the Knights Forum. Lets get into this.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #335597 by

TobiasGeisel wrote: Wow, Arisaig, you seem to be really angry. Are you sure, Br. John was trying to hurt you? Were you, Br. John?

I'm not angry. I'm confused as to why he seems to be ignoring me, after never talking to me, only to suddenly send me lyrics of a song. Then, when I ask why, he decides I'm SO below him he needs someone else to explain this to me in a public setting.

This is spiteful, and this is a flex I will not tolerate.
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #335598 by Rosalyn J
I think it works well in the open

I saw no mention of your name Ari

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #335599 by

Rosalyn J wrote: I think it works well in the open

I saw no mention of your name Ari

It doens't matter that he didn't mention me by name. I knew. And he knew I knew.

Its a simple question. Why is Br. John incapable of responding, in his own words, to a PM he sent?

I do not care what works well in the open. This is unacceptable, and I want this moved so we can handle this.
  • ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #335600 by ren
I'm questioning what appears to be a double standard... In your initial post in this thread.

- there's nothing wrong with public discussions.
- when someone posts a cryptic quote it is best to ask for clarifications rather than claim the poster is unable to share their own thougths.
- attacking the source instead of the content serves no purpose.
- assuming someone is slapping you in the face when they may very well not be doing so has a tendency to escalate a perceived tension into actual tensions.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi