How does the force affect your dreams?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332689 by
I can't remember any prophetic dreams but I pay attention to my dreams, especially the bad ones. For one those are the ones I can remember best. They are warnings, though most times they are really abstract. One example I can give is that I had two relationships and in both cases I had nightmares with my partners. Both broke up after a short time. (I didn't have any nightmares of my husband ;) )

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332692 by

Manu wrote: (And NO Kyrin, I can not replicate it or prove it was not a coincidence) :P

Lmao, I havent even posted in this thread! :laugh: :P

But since I'm here... do you believe your experience was something more than coincidence?

More
5 years 2 months ago #332693 by Kobos
I actually do think the are more than coincidence. I have dreams that leave me with good vibes and bad vibes like everyone else does. Sometimes though that feeling, (the dream sequence is irrelevant) is in relation to something I am currently involved in. I think that the subconscious notices things we don't, chemically as you dream you experience blood toxicity (healthy internal made chemical) equivalence to a moderate LSD trip. Having been in this state awake, I can say that, the feeling of noticing things more fully is present.

So, the mind, with lack of outside stimuli as you would have awake, builds images it chooses to present purely off emotional perspective. This can take many forms in the sensation that is dreaming but is often noticeable when our conscious mind connects to a similarity of a real detail embedded in the dream. Making a deja vu like quality, commonly noticeable.

I would also say that the mind thinks 24/7 whether we notice it or not. So I would be willing to put forth that a prophetic dream is a subconscious selection of the outcome your mind has chosen most likely based on the unnoticed detail stated above.

So, the force come in here as well. The timing and natural biological processes are an amazing system of the mind. Some people claim to be able to lucid dream via training, I have never tried myself. Anyways, by putting thought into a dream after the fact is the force. See, you are making a connection that was already there just not noticed. You are using the force in this sense as it is flowing through you and you manipulate it as it passes.

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332695 by
I've done some further thought on this.

What does 'working with the Force' mean? As I initially interpreted it, it is the work we do as Jedi. The Force, as I see it, is quite literally the energy generated by all living things, including ourselves. So, working with the Force would be working to better ourselves, others, and the world around us.

As James put it earlier in this thread:

I doubt there's much more to it than mental health.

I remember reading in a book about interpreting dreams, your outside environment can often be reflected in your dreams. For example, dreams about loose or falling out teeth often mean that we're experiencing stress or fear relating to changes in our lives.

So, can 'working with the Force' change our dreams? In the course of the past couple years of doing just that, I have noticed a significant decrease in nightmares, stress related dreams, ect.

And, what else would describe my Path besides that of aiming towards the horizon always, working hard on bettering myself physically, mentally, spiritually, and the world around me? Perhaps, and most likely, this betterment of my Path and place in the Force is to be thanked for this change in my dreamscape.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi