Frequency and the Force

More
09 Dec 2018 20:26 #330448 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Frequency and the Force

Arisaig wrote:

Gisteron wrote: Not my fault, not my problem. I asked for clarification. You gave it a shot. Thank you.


"So the same way we detect Jesus, then? "Just believe, and you will see everything around you confirm you." No. Pardon me. We don't speak of something as detectable if the only way to detect it is in telling yourself hard enough that you are detecting it. By that metric, literally everything is detectable, as is the absence of each of those detectable things."

This isn't a statement that seeks clarification. This is you asking a question and answering it with what you deem to be fact. You've made up your mind and shut yourself off from this Force. And nothing I can say will ever be able to change that, because its not something I can prove. The Force is, as all things are. Its just yet to be discovered by the wider community of the world.

Oh, I meant that I asked about what Yabu meant by frequency, sorry about the confusion. You gave that a shot, then Kyrin responded to you, and off it went...
But yea, to also answer what you are saying here, maybe you're right and one day this Force thing will be properly identified as something real that is out there. I didn't think this thread was about a scientific approach to it, because words of latin origin alone aren't quite enough for me to think of the thing being a matter of science but here we are, I guess. When they do discover a way to detect the thing that is for now "detectable" by means of make-belief alone, then I'll be glad to join you in calling it detectable. Until then, I shall refrain from making a judgement on whether there is any Force or what that is supposed to even mean, because I can't just delude myself on a whim enough to assert a position based on nothing else. My mind is the kind of "made up" and "shut off" that can be changed if and when the need arises.



@thomas sorry for your loss. You have told the tale with the cacti confused for weeds before, but you are right, I for one kept no records of her, neither in paper nor in my memory. Were it not for the testimony of someone that did, I would have had no way of telling how she had once felt about you. However, it wouldn't be until after gathering that evidence - weak though a personal testimony may be at that - that I'd dare assert something like that with any confidence. We can at most muster an educated guess knowing that by and large grandmothers do tend to form emotional bonds with their grandchildren. But it is all, alas, irrelevant for this topic. The nature of "everything in the universe" is in almost no way dependent on how you know your grandmother loved you. The tale of a perfectly normal human relationship is not anywhere near as novel as the nature of all of reality itself, and has far different evidentiary requirements because of it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, thomaswfaulkner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2018 20:32 #330449 by Yabuturtle
Replied by Yabuturtle on topic Frequency and the Force

Arisaig wrote:

Gisteron wrote: Not my fault, not my problem. I asked for clarification. You gave it a shot. Thank you.


"So the same way we detect Jesus, then? "Just believe, and you will see everything around you confirm you." No. Pardon me. We don't speak of something as detectable if the only way to detect it is in telling yourself hard enough that you are detecting it. By that metric, literally everything is detectable, as is the absence of each of those detectable things."

This isn't a statement that seeks clarification. This is you asking a question and answering it with what you deem to be fact. You've made up your mind and shut yourself off from this Force. And nothing I can say will ever be able to change that, because its not something I can prove. The Force is, as all things are. Its just yet to be discovered by the wider community of the world.


Now that I think about it maybe we shouldn't talk about the Force, and people's experience with the Force. After all, we're on a Jedi forum right? xD Maybe Jews shouldn't talk about their experiences with God on a Jewish form and Druids should not talk about their experience with nature or gods on a pagan forum or sub forum. x3

One cannot show these experiences because a lot of it is personal. Because you yourself have to experience it. Take it from me a former atheist/agnostic :)

I want to hear more experiences :) And if one feels the force in a way where it speaks to you. Not through words per se, but you can still feel it speaking to you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2018 20:35 #330451 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Frequency and the Force
Ohhh, so this is another anecdote sharing thread after all. Sorry, never mind the title and the initial post then, I thought it had something to do with frequencies or whatever. I must have misread. Apologies...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2018 21:00 - 09 Dec 2018 21:01 #330456 by Yabuturtle
Replied by Yabuturtle on topic Frequency and the Force
I honestly try to listen to peaceful music. Sometimes just sleeping with music on helps me in a couple of hours or the next day when I do my daily rituals and meditations. Exercise for the brain



Although it's not just this song specifically, stuff likes it helps me become more attune to my surroundings sometimes. Sometimes I feel as if nature, or energy or the force or deities can contact me more frequently and more vocally when listening to certain songs. It's quite remarkable. Some I have heard even meditate if they have lightsabers and listen to humming sound. It's cleansing really.
Last edit: 09 Dec 2018 21:01 by Yabuturtle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tetrahedron, Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2018 21:22 #330458 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Gisteron wrote:

JLSpinner wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Fair enough but I seriously doubt turtle even knows what he means when he says frequency. The term, like many others, has been coopted by the white lighters to give credence to their psuedo-science. It's one thing to talk about esoteric manifestations in an ethetic sense, it's another altogether to suggest actual scientific endeavours have given credence to support such things.


Please make your point without reference to another user of the site, in this manner.

And what manner is that, exactly? I smell an opportunity to find out at last what this nebulous "thing-that-is-neither-allowed-nor-can-be-pointed-out" thing is supposed to actually be


I'm pretty curious about this as well. Exactly how did I refer to an individual in a way you found, if not just offensive, outside the rules?

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2018 23:48 #330465 by Uzima Moto
Replied by Uzima Moto on topic Frequency and the Force
To respond to the topic at hand..

Music, or whatever aide you use, serves to relax or focus the mind.. it's not necessarily the frequencies themselves. Your "soul" exists as its own energy which can somewhat tune in to these things. Not in a material sense that I know of, but more that music can set the tone of your personal vibrations..

Our soul has its own vibration, working on a level I don't think material means could interfere with.. at most they can set a mood or possibly disturb the natural processes of the brain..

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2018 00:11 #330468 by Uzima Moto
Replied by Uzima Moto on topic Frequency and the Force
Everything is based on vibration. Everything is moving yet at rest. Matter is just about the lowest vibrational state energy/spirit manifests as..

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2018 00:21 #330469 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Frequency and the Force

Uzima Moto wrote: Everything is based on vibration. Everything is moving yet at rest. Matter is just about the lowest vibrational state energy/spirit manifests as..


You say this in a very authoritative manner. How do you know its true?

And what are the next vibrational states after matter?

Beware of unearned wisdom.
-Carl Jung

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2018 00:44 #330477 by Uzima Moto
Replied by Uzima Moto on topic Frequency and the Force

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Uzima Moto wrote: Everything is based on vibration. Everything is moving yet at rest. Matter is just about the lowest vibrational state energy/spirit manifests as..


You say this in a very authoritative manner. How do you know its true?

And what are the next vibrational states after matter?


I know from experience, study, research, etc..
The study of this, and other phenomena of this category, is very old and goes back to ancient Egypt..

What's after matter as we know it is the Etheric then Astral.. but there's more detailed information about this the further East you go..

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2018 16:02 - 10 Dec 2018 16:39 #330535 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Frequency and the Force

Uzima Moto wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Uzima Moto wrote: Everything is based on vibration. Everything is moving yet at rest. Matter is just about the lowest vibrational state energy/spirit manifests as..


You say this in a very authoritative manner. How do you know its true?

And what are the next vibrational states after matter?


I know from experience, study, research, etc..
The study of this, and other phenomena of this category, is very old and goes back to ancient Egypt..

What's after matter as we know it is the Etheric then Astral.. but there's more detailed information about this the further East you go..



I can see why Gisteron and Kyrin have the reactions they do to your posts. You believe and moreover present these ideas as if they are facts. Ideas about “sheaths” and “chakras” and the layers of reality becoming thinner and faster the higher “up” we go are all fun and interesting but the source material for these ideas are religious texts. Not the Bible but we could compare them to the Bible in the sense that a Christian has every right to believe they believe but if they refuse to draw the distinction between corroborable facts and... lets say “articles of faith” in public conversation, its going to get a reaction.

Whats the actual evidence for Exodus? Was Abraham one man or a composite? Why didnt Jesus come back “before this generation passes” like he said, etc? Im not trying to pick a fight with the Chritsians here im just making the point that theres serious gaps in the “literal truth” side of the argument and most of the Christians who are reasonable enough to have a meaningful conversation with someone who isnt going to just accept everything on faith are able to recognize where those gaps exist and admit them. Doing so increases a persons credibility because it demonstrates some balance in their thinking and some bit of authenticity and respect in the way they interact. Refusing to acknowledge the gaps and the areas where unlikely things are being accepted purely on faith, makes a person appear dogmatic and maybe even somewhat deluded. Like if I read some book that says Santa Claus is real and i start talking about Rudolf as if it were a documentary. Someone would ask how i knew it were true and id say “from study and research”

Beware of unearned wisdom.
-Carl Jung
Last edit: 10 Dec 2018 16:39 by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silvermane, Kyrin Wyldstar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.