Who was Stan Lee and why was he important for Jedi?

More
5 years 4 months ago #329299 by Proteus
Who was Stan Lee and why was he important?
Why ought a place like this temple acknowledge and give some homage to this person?

So, regardless of whether you already know or care that Stan Lee was the creator of all the major Marvel superheroes such as X-Men, Spiderman, Thor, Fantastic Four, The Hulk, etc, or whether or not you even care about comic books, I was hoping we could just bring to light why people at a place like this might want to just talk about why his work was significant, even to Star Wars and Jedi. Can we do that? :)

Before there even was Star Wars on the big screen, there was DC and Marvel comics. And Stan, while being a comic artist was surrounded by characters who, as heroes were always deemed heroes because they were "perfect". Stan got fed up with this trend and wanted to make characters who, for once, weren't perfect, but were much more normal, underneath their superpowers and crime fighting responsibilities. He was responsible for making the modern superhero someone that the reader/viewer would be able to actually relate to. If you became a Jedi because you identify (as a normal human being), with the trials and tribulations behind what, for example Luke Skywalker went through in the hero's journey (and even Anakin), Stan Lee was the guy who lead our modern generations to understanding and acknowledging this through his own work at Marvel (which actually did release comics of Star Wars before the original movies were even released), ultimately helping to bring about the very notion of "yeah, I feel like I'm a Jedi too".

https://youtube.com/watch?v=A9-A_GDsjvw

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YFLlwtqHINs

I would just like to hear what your understanding is of Stan Lee, whether you knew much about him or are learning. Feel free to post videos, articles, whatever, that brings knowledge to everyone about it.

For the record, I really don't feel you have to be a comic nerd to talk about it or to care, but, let's be honest - if you are a part of a movement where people call themselves Jedi, I think it could qualify, on its own merit. :)

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #329300 by
Thank you for this. Stan Lee was definitely an icon of the superhero world and the world as it is known today. Without Stan Lee we wouldn't have anything resembling what the comics are today and I don't know about you but not having Deadpool would absolutely suck.

That being said, he can be thanked for a lot of things that are currently happening from Jediism to even Heathenism. Now what Marvel portrays and what Heathenism actually is are two different things but they do alright. The MCU gave a grandiose view of it and it inspired others to go out and learn more, learn the facts. For some people it is too harsh for their delicate sensibilities and for others they found a new home. This Temple is no different in that regard. If those who came before didn't find a love with the fictional Jedi and wanted to better themselves, we would not be here. Men like Stan Lee will never be forgotten and will probably never even be thanked for half the stuff they've contributed to present day society. We will never fully understand how many have been inspired by him, in one way or another but we do know that the inspirations run far and wide and I'm very thankful for this.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by . Reason: Fixing some wording.

More
5 years 4 months ago #329302 by Carlos.Martinez3
I am a fan first and always will be of the Star Wars saga. I personally connect with so many different plots and paths in so many different ways I can always visit them in the comfort of my own home alone or shared with family and friends anywhere abroad. During my time here , I’ve realized that the “All Myth” is a very real way to look at things around us and give others the room they need as well. I began a few years also to just take every story for flat value - can I learn from it and can I learn from it.??? Blew open a whole different type of path that I had never seen before - Stan Lee is one of many Greats in my own opinion of the new written Myth and as far as Art and comic book art in my own opinion. So many different characters he has created- it’s said - if you read enough Stan Lee you will find a hero and a villain just like you. Truly a gift and 95 years wasn’t nearly enough time ...

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi