Does anyone have a Darksaber?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327459 by
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ir4eIroQWs&feature=youtu.be

Probably the best one I have seen. I do wonder a lot of Jedi here have their own lightsabers but I have not seen one use one or shown on.

I wonder how can one duel with it though? The hilt is very rectangular so I am not sure how you can properly use it? Are there even any weapons with a hilt like that? What do you think?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327460 by
Replied by on topic Does anyone have a Darksaber?
That type of blade is usually made of acrylic, and snaps if used in duelling or any heavy use. Usually best used for pictures or for shelf queens. They're also usually a bit more expensive than standard blades, many being custom made to order, however companies like Kyberlight have come out with some affordable versions (if albeit noticeably lower quality).

I do, however, plan on getting myself a darksaber-esque blade down the road. Lot of great saber artists out there that make them, but I'd be going with the best and getting a custom piece from lightsaber blade-artist Gary Ripper.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #327462 by
Is there one for dueling per se? This is for shelves and collectors I guess.

I think it'd be interesting if they made one specifically for dueling like other sabers. I'd go for a different hilt though.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327463 by

Yabuturtle wrote: So is there one for dueling per se? This is for shelves and collectors I guess.

I think it'd be interesting if they made on specifically for dueling like other sabers. I'd go for a different hilt thought.

No, none for duelling. Well... technically they can all be used for that, but it'll snap in about two-three hits.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327464 by
True at least for this. I was wondering if there had been one designed for dueling although this one that this guy uses in the video shows it isn't really for dueling. It'd have to be made from pretty durable stuff I guess. It's the only saber I have seen that no one has dueled with though interestingly

I'm not sure what it'd have to be made of to be lightweight but durable for dueling. since it has a flat edge unlike other sabers.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327467 by
Also one that is translucent/transparent. Not many materials like that.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327473 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Does anyone have a Darksaber?
Why are you set on using such this? It seems like the least practical sort of impliment for swordplay unless you're larping or something

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327477 by
I'm not "set" on using any of this stuff. It's a pretty simple thread I think. If anyone has it and if so have they used it.

Just haven't really seen anyone use one before.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #327478 by
If you want one you can duel with that has a lightning pattern, I'd recommend looking at Ripper Blades Unstable Polycarbonate (also his Pearl Blades). They're not flat, but they do have etchings that give unstable effects, lightning patterns, ect. But, however (as hand made products like these are), they are pricey.

And if its the hilt style you're after... there is a sabre in the market called the Darksai. Its the darksaber hilt, but a bit more... well, comfortable in the hand. Made by Kaizen Sabers.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335872 by
Supposedly there are ones for dueling and just keeping it on shelves like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3_All7kZW4&lc=z22kgpsqakn4it5zn04t1aokgwwtqbu0xtc2nuj51c3jbk0h00410.1553011636669900&feature=em-comments

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi