Stuff n Things, Or how to get excommunicated and not even know why, lol!

More
5 years 6 months ago #326692 by Zenchi

Proteus wrote: Sometimes I wonder if one requirement of becoming a knight should be learning how to detach from giving a shit what joe blow said about (or did to) jake flake in the online church of the space-wizard club, log off of it for about a year or more to put focus on more important priorities in real life (applying what we've learned) and stop taking ourselves so seriously. Though I'll admit, maybe this might be the completely wrong audience for such a thing. *shrugs* Just a thought. XD

Amazing what being kicked from the council will do for you, :laugh:

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #326698 by ren
Proteus wasn't kicked from council, and as far as any councillor knows Serenity's account is the way she wants it, even though it deserves the same fate as ftpc's. Why do you constantly have to make stuff up? Mind your own business, which at this time is to do right by your apprentices. You can tell your stories anywhere you want as long as it isn't here.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #326700 by
I'm still working my way through the issues being presented here. As such, I'm not taking a side. I just want to remind everyone that we are a family here. There is a whole world out there waiting for a chance to tear us down, we don't need to help them with that. I understand that arguments will happen in any family, but I'd like to believe that no matter the arguments that happen here; that these people will protect and help you should you need it.

More
5 years 6 months ago #326701 by Rex
Can we please lock this thread. Nothing useful or substantiative has come out of this

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grom Fett, Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 6 months ago #326703 by Grom Fett
I second that.

Former Master:Br John
Rite:Jediism Rite
Former Apprentice: Knight Apprentice OwenShea 11/08, Angelus 11/09
Current Apprentice:

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it

We all have our heroes. And when we watch them fall, we die inside.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #326706 by Gisteron
I would like to take this opportunity to remind people that nobody is obliged to either read or participate in any threads they feel are unimportant or unproductive. Quit trying to shut down conversations others have just because you want no part in it. Immortal threads are only about what music is running on anyone's machine right now and the like. Threads where interesting things happen die all on their own, in time.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, ren, Avalon, Zenchi, Tellahane

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #326712 by
As a matter of practice, Security Officers and Moderators try to avoid locking threads unless there are outright threats being made or the person creating the thread in the first place has a legitimate reason for asking it to be locked. We have been over zealous in the past about shutting down uncomfortable conversations and we've learned that despite our wishes for a perpetually peaceful Temple, there will be times when we need to have these conversations in public.

If there is something specific in this thread that someone is taking offense to, it can be reported to a Security Officer (myself or JLSpinner) or any Councillor and we will investigate and act accordingly. Otherwise, I would suggest simply avoiding the threads that are not productive for you and focusing on other topics or your own study until it dies on its own.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out to me here or via PM. Thanks!

More
5 years 6 months ago #326715 by Avalon
But maybe we can get back to and stay on the original topic this time, rather than discussing other accounts (that are in now a status the account owner reportedly desired) or any number of other tangents this thread has travelled down? Not that I'm innocent of tangenting.... But I do think there's been a number of requests to get it back to the original topic, if there's anything left to discuss on that matter.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #326716 by Zenchi

Avalon wrote: But maybe we can get back to and stay on the original topic this time, rather than discussing other accounts (that are in now a status the account owner reportedly desired) or any number of other tangents this thread has travelled down? Not that I'm innocent of tangenting.... But I do think there's been a number of requests to get it back to the original topic, if there's anything left to discuss on that matter.

In all due honesty, I find Serenity's situation very relevant to the topic i started. And i'm also not the only one that is interested in reading what's being done about it...

Blocking someone without due provocation who wanted to post in this thread, how Jedi-like...

The irony....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Zenchi.

More
5 years 6 months ago #326721 by Br. John

Zenchi wrote:

Avalon wrote: But maybe we can get back to and stay on the original topic this time, rather than discussing other accounts (that are in now a status the account owner reportedly desired) or any number of other tangents this thread has travelled down? Not that I'm innocent of tangenting.... But I do think there's been a number of requests to get it back to the original topic, if there's anything left to discuss on that matter.

In all due honesty, I find Serenity's situation very relevant to the topic i started. And i'm also not the only one that is interested in reading what's being done about it...

Blocking someone without due provocation who wanted to post in this thread, how Jedi-like...

The irony....

When I heard that Serenity's account was blocked I checked and it was not blocked. Assuming it was blocked then unblocked before I checked, it was not blocked for long. Serenity requested that her username be changed to an anonymous userxxxxx, and that her journals be hidden, and her photo removed. Mad Hatter received the request and implemented it.

Serenity's situation is that she is welcome here and may post anywhere a Guest may post. She is welcome to have her closed account reactivated. Since her account is not active, she is welcome to register a new account with any username she wants. It would not be a dual account.

That is what's been done. What more do you wish done about it insofar as it does not violate Serenity's wishes?

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Avalon, Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi