Why not talk about it? (TED Talk)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #321622 by
Sometimes... I'm optimistic about my/your/our future. I stumbled across this and wanted to share it here because... Sometimes we post things here that others take offence at, or vice versa.

https://www.ted.com/talks/dylan_marron_how_i_turn_negative_online_comments_into_positive_offline_conversations

It's quite an outgoing method but if you feel you could why not ask the person to talk with you directly rather than post *at* one another? I'd like to repeat what Dylan said...

"This is not a prescription for activism. I understand that some people don't feel safe talking to their detractors and others feel so marginalized that they justifiably don't feel that they have any empathy to give. I totally get that. This is just what I feel well-suited to do."

Another idea I've stumbled across is a website called Kialo.com which I think is a good tool for discussion .It's a debating/discussion platform and for groups with lots of different ideas it could be useful for some of us, :) Check it out, and see what you think, :)

Anyway, have a merry day, :dry:

P.s. this is in the wrong section sorry- can someone (admin?) move it to general discussions for me? Thanks
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by . Reason: better presentation and format

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi