A European Cantina Chat

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #317133 by
A European Cantina Chat was created by
So, we've been doing Cantina chats for a while now, and one thing has become clear. A lot of those participating regularly are from our European Jedi. And, for those good at the maths, 6 pm EST is hella late for them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super thankful for those that stayed up for midnight - 3 am their time. Amazing dedication and willingness to participate, no matter how hard. :)

But I do feel a bit bad. I'm the type of person that loves going to bed at the end of the day, rarely am I up past 11.

So what's the point of this thread? People have expressed interest in another, more reasonable, European time for Cantina Chat... but yet to see much discussion on it. So, here it is. :)

Who would be interested (genuine interest, this is a community effort and needs the community to participate in order for this to get off the ground). I think Saturdays should work for most people, it's just finding a time of day that is most reasonable. How does 1800-1900 UTC sound for most people?

Would also love to find someone on that side of the puddle to head this effort, host the first meeting, ect. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #317152 by
Replied by on topic A European Cantina Chat
I guess I should mention we can take the next couple weeks to set this up, its a bit short notice to get this ready for tomorrow. ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #317655 by
just bumping this, still trying to gauge the interest on something like this. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #317663 by
I love this idea in principle, but in practice, my habits mean I am often busy during "sensible European times". The advantage of 0000 temple time is that it's peaceful. Like 0500. But I reckon there'd be little interest in that!

More
6 years 1 month ago #317684 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic A European Cantina Chat
I would be up for attending one of these. I've wanted to attend the others, but 2am on a Sunday has just been achievable for me

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

More
6 years 1 month ago #317752 by Corvan
Replied by Corvan on topic A European Cantina Chat
If we shifted the cantina talk back by two hours it would make such a difference :D I'm usually occupied until the early evening :)

"Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."
-Franz Kafka

IP-Journal
Meditation-Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #317756 by
"Normal" European times are much better for me.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi