From Your Security Officer

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316218 by
As part of my role as a Security Officer and a Councillor here, it is part of my duty to be honest and transparent about my participation and service here. More importantly, I believe in being genuine as a Jedi and admitting my moments of failure. This post is meant to do just that.

Earlier today I responded to a post viewable by Apprentices and up. It was a reaction to a post by an Apprentice here and out of frustration I did not represent myself as the Jedi and servant of the Temple I want to be. I was hasty and did not properly consider my remarks before posting them. After reflection, I edited my post to include a genuine apology for the part of my behavior that did not mesh with our Doctrine or the peaceful environment I strive to maintain here. I also PMd the Apprentice and his Teaching Master expressing my regret for any harm I may have caused.

As a result, the TM has chosen to post to the public “Rants Far & Wide” thread about me. To be clear, Zenchi is talking about me without naming me. He has accused me of being dishonest and disingenuous in my participation here. He believes we as leaders here are not held accountable and thinks it is appropriate to call me out in a passive aggressive manner by making an issue between me and his Apprentice into a public one. These are his opinions and he is entitled to them.

That said, I do not believe this type of behavior is productive, nor is it in keeping with the Doctrine of our faith or the spirit of this Temple. I called myself out for my own inappropriate behavior and tried to make it right. I am willing to hold myself accountable and invite anyone else to do the same. What I do not have to tolerate is mean spirited and personal attacks made in public from someone who is a Knight here and supposed to set an example for others on the Path.

I also will not stand by as someone slanders other leaders here who selflessly volunteer their time and truly wish to make this Temple a sacred place for learning and self improvement. People can be mad at me and call me out on my crap, but I will not tolerate dragging others into a personal vendetta.

To the wider membership reading this, as a Councillor and Security Officer, I will do better. I will continue to learn and continue to listen. I also fully expect that some people will still choose to attack me personally, and I will defend myself if I feel it is necessary. I will make mistakes and I will stumble, but you have my word that my goal is to make the Temple the place for you that it has been for me. This is my spiritual home, and my loyalty to my friends and family here compels me to defend it. I hope that my behavior doesn’t change anyone’s opinion of this Temple and the people I am so lucky to serve alongside.

Humbly at your service,
Senan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316228 by
Replied by on topic From Your Security Officer
Or we could always release the kraken? :P :laugh: :silly:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316233 by
Replied by on topic From Your Security Officer

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Or we could always release the kraken? :P :laugh: :silly:

I thought br John hired you for that :woohoo: :cheer: :laugh:

More
6 years 1 month ago #316242 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic From Your Security Officer
First off, it wasn't a passive aggressive attack, it my my attempt at refraining from further derailment of a topic both you and my Apprentice were guilty of as well as a few others, so in that regard I'm not taking sides. He played his part just as much as yourself...

There's one thing I myself don't tolerate, and that is the misrepresentation of facts from leaders here, especially in regards as to why and how individuals stepped down and left. I talked to them as well, and was here when events occurred leading up to their stepping down and leaving...

That's a thing with Librarians, we tend to be partial to the facts. Not our truth, or their truth, his truth or her truth, just the facts...

Personally speaking Senan, I don't get a kick out of reminding you or anyone else about keeping things accurate. Id personally prefer to not post at all in the threads save for topics like the one where again, the facts were misrepresented for whatever reasons, but you are correct, it should never have been brought up to begin with, on that I whole heartedly agree...

I don't personally want to see threads like the one that started to spiral yesterday continue to derail, it's taken us years to get this far with the subject. This is what I propose, the next time someone wants to dredge shit up from the past further derailing progress, instead of jumping Into knee jerk damage control, openly admit there may have been a problem & that disgust may have played a part in people leaving and how were doing something about it now, and kindly ask the ceasing of further derailment of said topic. Quick, painless, and should serve to prevent further bs...

Acknowledging there was a problem, is the quickest solution to prevent the derailment of these discussions, and will also help restore faith in those of us with doubts. It'll also discourage from it happening more often, imo...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi