Live Chat: After the IP - Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2000 UTC

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #316010 by
Good timezone, friends,

Let's take over Temple chat for a couple of hours next weekend and provide answers to your questions about what happens when you finish the IP. I'll pull back the curtain to reveal some information on journal checking, becoming an Initiate (and what that means), Apprenticeship, Seminary, and if we have time left over I'll take any questions you want answered. (Except physics. I suck at physics.)

Everyone is welcome, but the information is going to be geared mostly toward those currently working through the IP.

Saturday, 24 February 2018, beginning at 2000 UTC. To see that in your time zone, please click here , or you may wish to add the Temple's event calendar to your Google calendar to see everything we have scheduled.

We'll be in the Temple's Ajax chat , accessible through the "chat" link at the top of each page.

I look forward to seeing you there. :)
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316346 by

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316350 by
In this "Ask Me Anything", if we can't make it, can we send questions ahead of time? Do you actually want the questions ahead of time anyway? If so, do we PM them to you, or do we post them in the thread? Also, will the chat log be available after for folks who can't make it? - I'm crossing my fingers that the discussion will be kept going as I'll certainly miss it if it only hits the 1 hour mark :) I'll be encouraging people to come to this, naturally in my own self-interest! I think it'll be a really fun event!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316351 by

Twigga wrote: In this "Ask Me Anything", if we can't make it, can we send questions ahead of time? Do you actually want the questions ahead of time anyway?

Certainly, I am happy to field questions from folks who can't make the event. If you are going to be there, you don't need to send me anything in advance, but you can do that too if you want. I'm easy like Sunday morning.

Twigga wrote: Also, will the chat log be available after for folks who can't make it?

Absolutely. One of the reasons I want to do this in Ajax rather than Skype or Discord is so that I can easily post a transcript of the chat afterward without spending an hour formatting a giant block of undifferentiated text.

I'm penciling in two hours for the chat, but I don't have anything on my calendar immediately afterward. There's quite a lot on the nominal topic that I hope to cover; whether it will take the whole two hours, less, more, I really don't know. But once we've run through all that, I'll keep taking questions as long as there are people asking them. Provided I don't run out of tea, that is. :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316354 by
Oh hey, I keep forgetting to mention that this is like an issue # 0 of the upcoming AMA series -- it's not really an AMA, except to the extent that my whole life here is an AMA. ;) But we will be doing regular AMAs, probably once a month or so assuming sufficient interest. I know Ros is already working on how to set the bar so high on her first one that we're going to feel sorry for whoever has to follow her act. :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #316355 by

Atticus wrote: Provided I don't run out of tea, that is. :)

*Twigga calculates shipping rates for a samovar.*

I hope to catch you there; but will send a few Qs ahead so I can also be as easy as a Sunday morning about concert over runs.
Thanks for the response!

Atticus wrote: Oh hey, I keep forgetting to mention that this is like an issue # 0 of the upcoming AMA series -- it's not really an AMA, except to the extent that my whole life here is an AMA. ;) But we will be doing regular AMAs, probably once a month or so assuming sufficient interest. I know Ros is already working on how to set the bar so high on her first one that we're going to feel sorry for whoever has to follow her act. :D

Awesome - I think this will be a great way to know knights/councillors/clergy folks, and to meet across the temple! Hurray!
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by . Reason: Mr A Slipped a second response in while I wasn't looking!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316402 by

Attachment Jedi.jpg not found

BUMP!
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316436 by
Twenty-One Hours to go...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316462 by
Two cats named 123 & Une-Deux-Trois swam across a river.

123 Cat made it but Une-Deux-Trois Cat Sank.

Five hours to the Live chat people!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316463 by

Twigga wrote: Two cats named 123 & Une-Deux-Trois swam across a river.

123 Cat made it but Une-Deux-Trois Cat Sank.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi