Fun Trivia

More
6 years 2 months ago #313062 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Fun Trivia
The U2 Dragon Lady spy plane was replaced by the SR71 Blackbird. The SR71 was replaced by the...
Warning: Spoiler!

The SR71 missile defense system was

The U2 Dragon Lady can fly at heights of
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #313656 by Lykeios Little Raven
Replied by Lykeios Little Raven on topic Fun Trivia
Okay, thank you, Kit, for reminding me of a part of my childhood that I hardly ever think about anymore. I was OBSESSED with aircraft (mostly military aircraft) for quite a while back then. The SR71 is a b****in’ plane. Don’t know much about the U2 Dragon Lady though, so thanks for the information! Really, really cool.

End of thread derailment.

Trivial Factoid: Theodore Roosevelt was/is commonly referred to as “Teddy,” but he actually despised that nickname and (naturally) disliked when people used it.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #313657 by
Replied by on topic Fun Trivia
Did you know Pluto was discovered and hailed as the 9th planet in the solar system because of its orbit around the sun. Pluto was demoted to dwarf planet due to is size compared to other bodies in the solar system. Jupiter's moon Ganymede and Saturn's Titan both have more mass than Mercury, the smallest planet in the solar system.

According to the international astronomical union defined planet as:

1- is in orbit around the Sun,
2- has sufficient mass to assume hydrostatic equilibrium (a nearly round shape), and
3- has "cleared the neighborhood" around its orbit.

Claiming that Pluto has not met criteria 3.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi