The Philosophy of Stuff n Thangs

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311018 by
Replied by on topic The Philosophy of Stuff n Thangs

Zenchi wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Bliss is not found in the moment alone for me. It is found not only in the potential milestones of the struggle of the present but also in undeniable failures of that struggles past and the potential victories of that struggles future.

For you, perhaps...

Power of Now, it's in the library in audio and txt format, you might want to check that out... ;)

I absolutely recommend it. That book was such a paradigm shift. Keep an open mind, Kyrin. This may be one of those moments when you find new truth.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311019 by

JLSpinner wrote:

Zenchi wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Bliss is not found in the moment alone for me. It is found not only in the potential milestones of the struggle of the present but also in undeniable failures of that struggles past and the potential victories of that struggles future.

For you, perhaps...

Power of Now, it's in the library in audio and txt format, you might want to check that out... ;)

I absolutely recommend it. That book was such a paradigm shift. Keep an open mind, Kyrin. This may be one of those moments when you find new truth.

Well unfortunately I have already read that, during my AIP. To be succinct its a few hours of wasted time I will never get back again. :P

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/47-Journals/113085-kyrin-s-journal?start=40#235492

I

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311020 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

JLSpinner wrote:

Zenchi wrote:

For you, perhaps...

Well unfortunately I have already read that, during my AIP. To be succinct its a few hours of wasted time I will never get back again. :P

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/47-Journals/113085-kyrin-s-journal?start=40#235492

I

You've only scraped the surface though. A single chapter wont do much. I did the same, a single chapter during the SIP (or AIP), but ended up doing the whole book during my AP. Give it another shot. It can be life changing if you put what you learn in it to practise.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311021 by
Did you read it in its entirety? Or just the one chapter? Also how closed were your defenses? A closed mind can read and debate without sparing a moment to truly weigh something's merit. Like we spoke of in the other thread, we have to be willing to accept the fact that we might be wrong. Not saying that was the case, though.

The transition to living in the now doesn't suppress emotion or keep you blind to the past. My thoughts can still occur and my emotions will always be present. However they are limited in their power over my decisions. I feel, I think, I weigh, and decide. It's not suppression, it's separation. The separation of reaction and action. It's mindfulness.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311030 by
Ok JLspinner and Zenchi, challenge accepted!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311032 by
Mihály Csíkszentmihályi's concept of "flow" has really come to define "bliss" for me over the years, along with some of the concepts used to describe the state of inspiration (such as "Awen" from ADF Druidry, or Platonic "divine madness"). A loss of the sense of self, being beyond both pleasure/pain and time, total absorption in the work that makes all the ego concerns (will people like it? do I look foolish?) go away. The things you have to put into the work of "following your bliss" - be it music, physical training, or even hitting the academic stacks - are not always pleasurable, but you do to it build up to the level where you no longer have to think about it...the experience is there in your body/intuition and you're one with it. Back in my student pilot days, my instructor described it as getting beyond "flying inside the box" - at first, there's so many factors that you have to pay attention to that you're so aware of being inside this big metal box. But as you make it second nature, one day the box disappears and the plane is an extension of your own awareness. I live for those moments. :)

More
6 years 3 months ago #311037 by Zenchi

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Ok JLspinner and Zenchi, challenge accepted!

I highly recommend the audio format, and would ask you stay as objective as possible throughout. He has a tendency to mention christ a few times in the last chapter, makes me want to cringe, but you'll get over it if you try with sincere effort...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311058 by
Thanks for creating this thread, I am sure it will be ful of teachings. I cant wait to discover 'the power of now'.

What I would say here is: Can we really remember anything? Even the act of remembering happens in the now and a memory is always an approximation of what happened.
Why do we create the illusion of past in the present ? What purpose does it serve? Actually planning the future is of the same nature as what we call remembering there is no difference between the two. We plan because we fear the future. That way we get the illusion we are contolling the unfolding of events. So does that mean we remember because we fear as well? Fear what is not in the present? But at the same time as there is nothing but the present what do we really do through the illusion of rmembering and planning? Could our existence be a paradox in which on one hand there is nothing but the present and on the other hand the past present and future do exist? The one who has the highest trust in what happened or will happen does not plan nor remember. This entity is the absolute.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #311072 by

Flojade wrote: Thanks for creating this thread, I am sure it will be ful of teachings. I cant wait to discover 'the power of now'.

What I would say here is: Can we really remember anything? Even the act of remembering happens in the now and a memory is always an approximation of what happened.
Why do we create the illusion of past in the present ? What purpose does it serve? Actually planning the future is of the same nature as what we call remembering there is no difference between the two. We plan because we fear the future. That way we get the illusion we are contolling the unfolding of events. So does that mean we remember because we fear as well? Fear what is not in the present? But at the same time as there is nothing but the present what do we really do through the illusion of rmembering and planning? Could our existence be a paradox in which on one hand there is nothing but the present and on the other hand the past present and future do exist? The one who has the highest trust in what happened or will happen does not plan nor remember. This entity is the absolute.

This is really just meaningless new age word salad. I remember that 1+1=2. I remember that gravity will cause my pencil to fall when I drop it. I remember the faces of my friends. Without these things life becomes irrational. And i do not fear the future. I may fear my own demise in the future but that is a separate thing. With my demise comes nothingness and that in turn creates an urgency to have meaning while I am here. This urgency is not fear based though. So planning becomes necessary in order to accomplish. That is a now thing but there are also other elements to that. Do you not plan ahead when you map out a college education? a career path? If you did not do these things you end up wandering aimlessly around the park like Tolle did. That is the failure in his logic. He separated his emotional self from his thinking self because he refused to accept the responsibility and as a result became irrelevant and useless because he lacked meaning.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #311118 by
I wish not to confuse you any further if you find what I wrote is nonsense.
I can see many of your posts are confrontatiinal. Confrontation is heat and heat is movement. You are circulating the force around the temple allowing balance to meet its every corner and I thank you for that.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi