Holidays, helping, and listening

More
6 years 3 months ago #309605 by Jack.Troutman
Every day of the year can be a trying time. We all suffer losses, we all miss those that have left us, and we all go through times of hardship and despair.
2017 started off great and for most of the year was proving to be one of the best years I have had in a very long time. Then October came in and the bottom fell out.
From mid October until mid December I have lost a total of five people that I was very close to. It hurt. It hurts. But they have each returned to the Force and will not only be part of me always, but will always be part of us all.
Chances are none of you knew any of them, but rest assured that your life has been enhanced by their return to the Force.
During the holidays life can be worse. Remembering those we have lost is inevitable. We must remember them smiling, laughing, and all that they did to enrich our lives simply by being part of them.
I am here to tell each of you that you are loved, you are special, and I am here. I am here if you need someone to talk to, to yell at, or if you simply need an ear. If you need me, my inbox is always open and if that won't work my cell number is available! Call me before a decision is made that cannot be reversed.
I am here.
We are here.
May the Force wrap you in warmth and protection always.

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway
TM: Carlos Martinez
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nakis, Rosalyn J, Lykeios Little Raven,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #309611 by Lykeios Little Raven
Thank you, Jack. I appreciate your message here and your offer to be a friendly ear.

I am sorry for your losses this year, but I am glad you have been able to see some positivity in such a potentially dark place. This post is inspiring and reminds me of how resilient people can be and how kind people can remain even after great personal tragedies.

I hope the end of your year is a time of healing and recovery! Here’s to a new year!

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack.Troutman

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #309612 by
Replied by on topic Holidays, helping, and listening
My deepest sympathies to you, Jack. I've had one of those hard runs of loss during November-December before, and it does make the holidays extra challenging. If I can help in any way, I am here.

May your loved ones return to the Force in peace, and their light and joy remain with you always.

More
6 years 3 months ago #309613 by Rosalyn J
Jack,
I kept myself from replying because I didn't know what to say. I still don't know what to say now, but know that your temple is here for you to lean on and gain strength from. Thank you so much for sharing your message. May the force be with you

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack.Troutman

More
6 years 3 months ago #309614 by Jack.Troutman
You guys are wonderful. The Temple has been there for me through quite a lot and it is appreciated deeply. Some of the greatest people I have ever known are here and I can only hope to offer a mere fraction of hope, love, and honor that I have been shown. I gladly offer up anything I have and anything I can possibly do to help. I understand. I hear you. I love you and I am here for you all...always.

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway
TM: Carlos Martinez

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #309621 by
Replied by on topic Holidays, helping, and listening
So much strength for all of us in your message, my friend. I'm here for you just as you have been here for me, always.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi