Discussion in Chat 20:00 utc Saturday Dec 16, 2017

More
6 years 4 months ago #308651 by Rosalyn J
There were calls for a conversation regarding today's events. I'd like to have conversation regarding the underlying roots of this. Please join me. We will have the hour

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #308654 by Lykeios Little Raven
Thanks, Ros!

Which chat will be used for this? The "old" chat or the "new" chat?

I don't know if I'll be able to make it at that time or not, but I'll do my best to be there.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

More
6 years 4 months ago #308663 by Rosalyn J
New

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

More
6 years 4 months ago #308664 by MadHatter
Count me in as my own handling or mishandling of things as the case might be sparked this to the surface. I should be there to listen if nothing else.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

More
6 years 4 months ago #308667 by Nakis
I might be in, depending on when my son is coming home today.

Licensed Clergy Person

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308669 by
I'm usually on all day anywho. Will give me something to do besides fight temptation to go see TLJ today over when I already have a ticket for. XD

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308671 by
If I may make a suggestion. Skype.

The chat can be accessed and seen by anyone walking in. If we're trying to not chase people away, we should hold this off site, but in an easily monitored area. Also, I find we tend to dehumanise avatars.

Face to face, a real chat. Would save on time, and remind each of us that its a person on the other side. And then there is the added benefit that new members won't be walking into chat in the middle of what could be something they aren't ready for and end up leaving.

More
6 years 4 months ago #308678 by Lykeios Little Raven

Arisaig wrote: If I may make a suggestion. Skype.

The chat can be accessed and seen by anyone walking in. If we're trying to not chase people away, we should hold this off site, but in an easily monitored area. Also, I find we tend to dehumanise avatars.

Face to face, a real chat. Would save on time, and remind each of us that its a person on the other side. And then there is the added benefit that new members won't be walking into chat in the middle of what could be something they aren't ready for and end up leaving.

A good suggestion, but the problem with Skype is that it has a limited number of spots for video/voice chatters at the unpaid level. Though...I could be mistaken or Skype could have changed some things.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308680 by
Group calls (conference calls) can hold 25 people atm. I don't think it needs to be paid for.

More
6 years 4 months ago #308682 by Rosalyn J
Don't think i could manage voice chat. Im on vacation in someone elses house and my voice caries (as I discovered yesterday)

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, MadHatter,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi