Zazzle/Cafepress Store Question

More
6 years 3 months ago #308251 by Nakis
I heard awhile back that some people have trouble getting the Zazzle and Cafepress stores to work due to trademark issues. Is that still the case?

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #308252 by Br. John

Nakis wrote: I heard awhile back that some people have trouble getting the Zazzle and Cafepress stores to work due to trademark issues. Is that still the case?

We can have shirts and other things with our logo but the word Jedi has a trademark for use on shirts and other clothing so they won't make them with our name on them. We have not tried https://www.spreadshirt.net/ , but I see they are selling some with "Trust Me I'm A Jedi" so we might get some there until someone complains.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nakis

More
6 years 3 months ago #308253 by Nakis
Could the name of the accounts/on the items be "TOTJO"? Or would that trip the trademark?

Licensed Clergy Person

More
6 years 3 months ago #308254 by Br. John

Nakis wrote: Could the name of the accounts/on the items be "TOTJO"? Or would that trip the trademark?

TOTJO is fine and so is TOTJO.ORG which brings you here. It's the word Jedi that has a trademark for shirts, hats and other wearing apparel. I'm not sure what you mean by name of the account but our bank account says Temple of the Jedi Order and our Amazon account says that too. Our name is legal. It's the use of the word Jedi on clothing that is an issue.

Founder of The Order

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #308256 by Nakis
I didn't see the word "Jedi" on the items being sold with the logo on it, so I thought you were having issues with the account names as most of the items I see just have the TOTJO logo on them.

Licensed Clergy Person
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Nakis.

More
6 years 3 months ago #308257 by Br. John

Nakis wrote: I didn't see the word "Jedi" on the items being sold with the logo on it, so I thought you were having issues with the account names most of the items I see just have the TOTJO logo on them.

There is no issue with account names. This is our legal name and it does not violate any trademark or service mark or copyright.

Founder of The Order

More
6 years 3 months ago #308258 by Nakis
So, I suppose my question would be, are the items that only bear the logo unaffected by the issue, or are all Cafepress/Zazzle items affected by the Jedi issue?

Licensed Clergy Person

More
6 years 3 months ago #308260 by Br. John

Nakis wrote: So, I suppose my question would be, are the items that only bear the logo unaffected by the issue, or are all Cafepress/Zazzle items affected by the Jedi issue?

The only issue is using the word Jedi on clothing.

Founder of The Order

More
6 years 3 months ago #308261 by Nakis
Thank you! I might try to grab something later.

Licensed Clergy Person

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #308272 by
Replied by on topic Zazzle/Cafepress Store Question
I was one of the ones who had issues. I tried ordering a necklace from Zazzle and it said that there was a copyright issue so they refunded me. I reached out to Ros and she explained that it was a common issue but it should have gotten resolved. Arisaig got a necklace in the last few months and he got it just fine so I think it should be good to go.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi