Las Vegas...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #306060 by
Replied by on topic Las Vegas...
The conditions in nature may change, but the laws that govern it don't at all..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #307457 by
Huh... imagine that. A city actually taking steps to remove guns from the streets. And it was actually somewhat effective. Here’s to hoping we can continue looking for reasonable solutions to gun violence.

San Diego Gun Buyback Program

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #307458 by
This is excellent news, Senan. :) Thanks for the share. Hopefully this serves as a catalyst for greater change in the future.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #307487 by Lykeios Little Raven
Replied by Lykeios Little Raven on topic Las Vegas...

Jaedon Adar-Barnaby wrote:

Adder wrote: There is no point arguing against restrictions to dangerous things, they already exist and will continue to do so... what is being confronted is where that line sits between what should and should not be allowed for firearms. Giving citizens the right to have dangerous equipment, whether it is chemicals or weapons etc, is balanced by regulation to control access, but even then some things are completely unavailable to the public.

Rights are balanced by rights. Regulation should enforce that balance. Since guns, drugs, etc., fall under property. The law should protect against the unlawful use of them. Possession isn't a violent act. Murder and theft are violent violations of the Right to Life..

Theft is not inherently violent.

Also, if you’re going to argue for this then I hope you’re also going to argue for the decriminalization of drug possession/use...but I seriously suspect that’s not the case.

Rights are of The Force. Like everything else in nature. They come with an inherent equilibrium.

“Rights” are not of the Force. “Rights” are a human invention. Do animals have “rights” in nature?

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi