Ask Kyrin Anything (within reason lol)

More
6 years 6 months ago #301292 by Kobos
If you had 3 turtles and one of your friends asked you for a lizard what would you do?

gotta have some fun! ;)

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #301300 by

Kobos wrote: If you had 3 turtles and one of your friends asked you for a lizard what would you do?

gotta have some fun! ;)

I would ask them what it is about their situation that makes them believe they need or want a lizard. I would ask if this lizard is truly their only path to happiness or can that happiness be gained in another way, maybe with a turtle?

If they feel they could achieve the same ends with a turtle instead of a lizard I would give them a turtle, but only as long as it did not take away from my happiness or the turtle’s happiness. For example I would not give him a turtle so he could feed it to his pet snake, and I would not give him a turtle if my three turtles were triplets and it would cause them great distress to be separated.

If my friend was dead set on having a lizard or if he would take a turtle but I was in place where I could not give him a turtle, then I would advise him to seek is own will power and use it to create an opportunity for himself to obtain a lizard on his own.

More
6 years 6 months ago #301306 by Kobos
Best Answer Ever!!!!!!!!! Thanks Kyrin!!!! :)

Seriously that's well thought out answer and I like that you care about the turtles well being (I would too)! Thanks for letting me slide a goofy question in! After all if we can't smile we have all lost something!

Love and Respect,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 6 months ago #301406 by Manu
Btw, this is how I imagine you in real life:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #301456 by

Manu wrote: Btw, this is how I imagine you in real life:

LOL... very nice.
If you are trying to depict a reflection of my soul if it were to manifest in the physical though, this would be my best interpretation.

Attachment wolfmonk.png not found

Attachments:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #301728 by
Well its been nearly a week since I started this thread. I must admit that I expected more activity here than this has generated. I'm not meaning to stir trouble in anything I do so please don't misunderstand my intent but I know many here have misunderstood me at various times, or had contention with me, or failed to understand my views. The Jedi here speak of caring and acceptance and non judgement. They claim to embrace an open willingness for understanding and temperance in any situation. The clergy here claim to want to help. I wanted to be open and honest in this thread but I seemed to have failed to generate much interaction in this regard.

My time here and the training I have gone through has only reinforced my perception that taking on the title of Jedi does not change who people are. People are just people whether they call themselves Jedi or not. They are still just as generous and just as selfish as they were before they took the title. The title does not make you more compassionate. The title does not make them any more selfless than they were before and time does not change this. Sure they can pretend for a while but it never really takes because in the end we are all both of the light and the dark and the force cannot help you in that regard. Its not a bad thing, Its just life. I think it better to realize the title is just a fantasy, same as any other fantasy. Fun to think about but not practical to live.

More
6 years 6 months ago #301729 by JamesSand

I think it better to realize the title is just a fantasy, same as any other fantasy. Fun to think about but not practical to live.

I think the whole point is striving for something, not just going, "well we're all worm food in the long run" and kicking back with a needle.

I can't find the exact quote, but I feel it was Benjamin Franklin (not that it really matters) gave us something that had words to the effect of

"I try to have virtue, I don't always succeed"
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi,

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #301733 by OB1Shinobi
Whats up! You know, I almost started a topic called "Ob1Shinobi: DONT ask me anything" just to be funny but i figured it would turn into an "ask me anything" topic anyway so i chickened out.... or came to my senses lol. Im protective of my privacy too.
I never know what to ask in these threads but i guess i do have a question of sorts. You said that were diagnosed with a type of Aspergers when you were a youngster, can you explain what exactly your diagnoses was and what that means?

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
6 years 6 months ago #301742 by Amaya
If you could pass on any advice that helped you in your life, what would you say?

And if you had the option to start again here, would you change how you interact or stay true to who you are?

(I have an idea of what you will say but am curious. )

Also if you could teach here, what is the lesson you feel would benefit most?

Everything is belief

More
6 years 6 months ago #301762 by Manu

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Well its been nearly a week since I started this thread. I must admit that I expected more activity here than this has generated.

Well I guess you now know who your biggest fans are :laugh:

Don't take it personally, I got very little activity on my AMA as well. Sometimes it just gets lost in a sea of posts, sometimes people might not know what to ask.

P.S. that fox warrior creature you post is distubingly sensual :laugh:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi