Resiliency training #HTGS

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #299877 by
Resiliency training #HTGS was created by
So last Wednesday through Friday I went to a resiliency training through the military. I actually learned a lot, while Some was more a refresher (thanks briefings) but all in it was a good course.
In the course we go over a lot of things like; ATC (Activating Event, Thoughts, and Consequences), #HTGS (hunt the good stuff), Avoiding thinking traps, Detecting Icebergs, Problem Solving, Put in perspective, Mental Games, Real Time Resilience, Character Strengths, and Assertive Communication. I know it sounds like a lot and it is. By no means did anyone expect anyone to be a master after the three days. It does however set the ground work for resiliency. I believe it was helpful and can be something anyone can use.
I plan on trying to incorporate some of this in my daily life. First and foremost I want to do #HTGS on a regular basis. If anyone want to join me or wants more info I can give it.

May the Force be with you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #299878 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Resiliency training #HTGS
I would personally love to hear more about it and how to practice it.

Thanks and thank you for serving,
Tim

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

More
6 years 7 months ago #299880 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Resiliency training #HTGS
This is awesome, I'm sure we could learn a lot from your experience, if you are willing to share the details.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #299895 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Resiliency training #HTGS
Whenever I see that many acronyms* and capitalised words I know some serious bullshit is afoot.

But, I have a firm (ish) don't shoot the messenger policy - so please, expand on these ideas, (especially Hunt The Good Stuff, as it's the one that you seem most interested in, and sounds the silliest.)

*Or initialisms, whatevs.

Edit: I'm not attacking you, I just get exasperated with some of this...stuff.

I can detect icebergs with the best of them, they're under the sign at woolies that says "Lettuce, $2.99 ea"
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by JamesSand.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #299898 by
Replied by on topic Resiliency training #HTGS

Manu wrote: This is awesome, I'm sure we could learn a lot from your experience, if you are willing to share the details.

I'm with Manu...interested...do tell.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #299900 by OB1Shinobi
Sounds kind of like CBT with more .... user-friendly terminology. Id be very interested to hear more.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #299953 by
Replied by on topic Resiliency training #HTGS
There was a lot of things that we talked about in class. Most of which is stuff we already bought this just gives it a name. I can do my best to pass on the information given to me.
The first thing we talked about was #HTGS. It is used to counter the negative bias, create positive emotions, to notice, and analyze what is good. Hunt the good stuff is just that.
You record any number of good things on a regular basis. You also want to analyze it. Ways to do that are; why did this good thing happen, what it means to you, what can you do to make more of this to happen, and what ways can you or others contribute to this good thing?
As you can see this first task is simple. The best thing this does is get rid of the negative bias. The negative bias is our brains natural sensitivity to unpleasant news. The hope is that with the #HTGS you can retrain your brain to be more positive.
So why this may seam as the easiest in my opinion it is the foundation of resiliency.
Source
http://www.usar.army.mil/Featured/Resources/master-resilience-training/
https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200306/our-brains-negative-bias

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi