Kobos ask me thing maybe I can answer....?

More
6 years 7 months ago #299843 by Kobos
I wish I could say I know what will happen in 5 years; lol be a much better answer.
I hope that I am finally done with my Master's Degree (money and scheduling is tough) and working in a position called LBS1 which opens the door to a ton of special ed positions........It would be my goal to be an access teacher (so like a guided teaching for minor learning disabilities and behavioral disorders) or a guidance councilor; but I want to be in a classroom so probably the first. I want to have started or be starting a family of my own at that point. And in all honesty I just want to be able to keep trying to help people when and where they need it. I also would like to be a mildly better person than I am today because truth be told that's always going to be my goal. Thank you Manu that was a good question to think on.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, thomaswfaulkner

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #299854 by Manu

Kobos wrote: I wish I could say I know what will happen in 5 years; lol be a much better answer.
I hope that I am finally done with my Master's Degree (money and scheduling is tough) and working in a position called LBS1 which opens the door to a ton of special ed positions........It would be my goal to be an access teacher (so like a guided teaching for minor learning disabilities and behavioral disorders) or a guidance councilor; but I want to be in a classroom so probably the first. I want to have started or be starting a family of my own at that point. And in all honesty I just want to be able to keep trying to help people when and where they need it. I also would like to be a mildly better person than I am today because truth be told that's always going to be my goal. Thank you Manu that was a good question to think on.

Ooooh! Those are quite the interesting goals! I can tell by how you write that you are both passionate about them, and a bit weary about the difficulty to get there.

So, where do you stand today in relation to the goals you stated? What concrete things would have to happen for them to become materialized? Is the Master's Degree something you are already working on, or are you still doing undergrad work, or just working?

Lots of questions for you. :P

(Except the part about being a better person, I think you already have got that down, all it takes there is consistency)

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 7 months ago #299866 by Kobos
Right now I am taking two undergrads that I would need to take as prerequisite, and 1 I am kinda just taking for fun. The reality is that consistency is the rule of day/month/year. The hardest part I am finding though is forgetting that I majored in history for my bachelors I already have, because it tends to make me look down on some other peoples argument and rhetorical analysis skills, and i have to keep asking myself how to help them improve while arguing my point of view with out just kinda being a jerk about it. It's a really fine line. Otherwise I have passion because I took a lot from the community I am trying to work in and really did cause a lot of grief for people that way. So, call it atoning for the past, on that note there is always fear going into the unknown so being weary is something natural I think in this scenario but the key to it is not letting that stop you from the goal you set forth to do. The other thing is I am never sure if my advice is listened to and that's a scary thought because I always want the positive outcome. That means being attached to the behavior of the students but that attachment comes at a price to my own mentality it's why I really am working hard on understanding attachment and detachment and how to inter-lay them properly with each other. Many can leave things at work, with what I want to achieve and give back I can't but it is one of the reasons I know I want to be here. I love the questions Manu fire away all you want.

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

More
6 years 7 months ago #299969 by Kobos
Added note I got a seat into one of my masters classes on the actual higher level due to a drop found out this evening, paid and snatched up that spot real quick.

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi