Public
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297438 by
Ask Snowy Anything. was created by
Topics that may be of interest:
Sith Realism
Life at Force Academy
Draw a (random thing) for me
Anything (really)

If you'd like to ask something anonymously, you may do so here: http://snowyaftermath.sarahah.com

Keep in mind I am honest to the point of being blunt and I quite often speak in metaphor and hyperbole to make a point. If something I say offends you, please take a second to ask yourself why you might be bothered by it before getting defensive. I do not go out of my way to upset people and am here to build bridges rather than burn them.

I also run http://www.facebook.com/sithrealism
and welcome any/all folks who would like to check it out.

First round of responses (if any) will be tomorrow :) Bring it!
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #297442 by
Replied by on topic Ask Snowy Anything.
You said that you have always been a Sith. But, what made you come to Jediism in the first place?

More
6 years 7 months ago #297443 by Reacher
Replied by Reacher on topic Ask Snowy Anything.
Glad to see you, Snowy :)

What do you think makes Jedi and Sith similar?

What from your childhood makes you happy to think about?

What are you most proud of?

Jedi Knight

The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #297445 by
Can you describe the events that led your realization of the Sith path?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #297469 by
What is a "Sith" in your view?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297546 by

Connor L. wrote: You said that you have always been a Sith. But, what made you come to Jediism in the first place?

I was clinically depressed for almost 20 years, treated with every kind of medication and therapy you can imagine just shy of electroshock. I had decided to end my life when my kid turned 18 because she "wouldn't need me anymore", but until then I'd stick it out for her.

In December 2015, when she halfway through being 16, I quit all of my medications cold turkey and stopped seeing my therapist in what I thought to be a desperate last attempt to become a real person. I started searching for something -ANYTHING- to give me meaning. Religion sounded like a good place to start, but it had to gel with the fact that I'm a confirmed atheist.

I think I googled something like "religion for atheists" and TotJO was near the top of the list. I gradually realized that I had some fundamental problems with some of the teachings here and ended up stalking Khaos over to Force Academy.

My daughter turned 18 in July. Every day is a new one to still be here.

More
6 years 7 months ago #297559 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Ask Snowy Anything.
How has the transition from Apprentice at TOTJO to Knight at Dark Aspect FA changed your worldview?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297572 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Ask Snowy Anything.
Hi Snowy. I want you to know that i like you.
But also, when i read your posts it always seems to me like you believe that the people here are entirely beneath you; Is that how you feel?
If it is how you feel, why? Could you tell us what youve actually accomplished in your life that justifies your feeling so superior? And why you would want to spend any time interacting with people you dont think deserve your respect?

But if that isnt how you feel, then my questions are, do you realize that you come across that way, and is that the impression that you want to make?

Thanks for this topic, im not trying to just start trouble for its own sake. These are the most honest questions i have for you and ive wanted to ask for a while now.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #297606 by
From sarahah:

It's sad to see how far you've strayed from the path of sincere effort into the world of easy, lazy bitterness. You made it as far as you were capable, failed and then sought something easier. It's sadder to see you've convinced yourself this utter weakminded passivity is a genuine form of strength. The world will demonstrate the folly of that soon enough, I fear. You take zero responsibility for your actions, your life, yourself. You pretend and maybe even believe you do. It's laughable. You may think you have respect or fear or hatred. All you have from me, and it's a rare thing I assure you, is pity. In a very real sense: I find you, your attitude and your comically thin persona pitiful.

I can think of few people who would know almost exactly nothing about me, yet still profess to know me well enough to say such things. Thank you for the feedback and I ask that next time you would like to spread your own form of bitterness, you at least include a question too to make it interesting. btw, congrats on your knighthood :)

And to the 7 people who have said sweet things, I do appreciate it. I expected only messages like the one above, to be honest. I'm glad there are people that can see past the sometimes rough exterior to the fact that I'm sincere in all I do. *hug*

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297612 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: But also, when i read your posts it always seems to me like you believe that the people here are entirely beneath you; Is that how you feel?

Keep in mind that the last time you read me consistently was a year ago. A lot has changed since then. For instance, last year I hated you intensely because you'd put each sentence on a new line, hated you to the point where I ignored everything you said and didn't even attempt to read you. I thought of you as an utter idiot, just based on that one quirk. And here we are now. You no longer do that. I no longer care whether or not you do. We grow and get over stupid ideas and mature. All I'm asking is the same: don't put me into that mold you remember me in. K?

But if that isnt how you feel, then my questions are, do you realize that you come across that way, and is that the impression that you want to make?

Sometimes it's nice to have a reputation coming through the door, I won't lie.

I'll be perfectly honest with you. I'm 41 years old. I've raised a child to adulthood as a single parent, was sexually abused as a child, endured physical and emotional torture at the hands of family and romantic partners, lived with depression for 20 years and survived cancer twice.

A hundred years ago I'd be long dead (I was told my cancer would kill me at 14). Every day that I wake up is one that I wasn't supposed to get. That changes you in a way that little can; I don't speak the same language as people who aren't also walking ghosts and I get that it's frustrating and people often have no idea where I'm coming from. I get that. For me, there's an urgency in every second and it gives me a kind of agony that I can't properly convey to see people waste time. I may have, across the last year, tamed and softened in certain places (while becoming more focused in others) but that part will never go away. That ticking clock in the background never stops. For anyone. It makes me want to kick people who are indecisive through their own doors and throw people off of bridges into their own bliss. I will never stop doing it because those are the only reasons to exist at all. If I inspire you (meaning anyone) to STOP WAITING and grab what you love with both hands, good. Forget meditating. *LIVE*. Every second that you spend in this dark room is taking you away from what you say you love the most. Get OUT of here and climb the mountain you said you were going to climb. You know?

And in answer to your question, THAT doesn't bother me at all. It consumes me to the point where I can feel a fire burning in my chest as I type this, one that could burn it's way through me and kill anyone in a 10 post radius. THAT is what I chase. Communicating that to people is MY bliss. The problem is in the receptiveness of the audience to the message and in the barriers of language. Those are things I'm always working to overcome.

Thanks for this topic, im not trying to just start trouble for its own sake. These are the most honest questions i have for you and ive wanted to ask for a while now.

Then thanks for asking.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi